Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Subban??

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re: Subban??

Meanwhile Shea Weber has 3 goals and 9 pts, 3 of those on the PP and he's averaging almost 4 mins per game on the PP. And everyone said it was a horrible trade for Montreal, not looking that way so far.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I am in a 12 keeper league. I traded Seguin to get PK Subban during the off season. I am a little disappointed right now but it's only October. I have been offer shea weber + 13 round draft pick (which is lathe first round of online draft) for PK Subban + 16 round.

Weber is guaranteed to stay on Habs 1st power play unit. Subban has to compete with Josi. I am very tempted to accept but a little voice in my head is telling me not to.

Our league counts hits (Weber gets a little more Hits , and his plus / minus is tops)

Any advise ? What would some of you guys do?

Dobber Sports Titan

Weber does look great in MTL, and Subban not so much in NSH, but Subban is still the better fantasy own for now, and he certainly will be in a few years.
    What kind of players are usually available with those kinds of draft picks?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

This year, Austin Matthews , laine.... basically rookies and some descent players that the top teams couldn't keep (e.g. Matt Murray, zetterbeeg, radulov).

Nothing great I guess except for the first 4-5 overall picks.

Dobber Sports Guru

13th round pick isn't enough here. Weber has been awesome to start, and could have a great season, but Subban will be okay too. This looks to be a sell-low, buy high offer which is the worst kind. In a keeper league, you don't give up that age difference (and upside potential) for a late-round pick. Be patient here.

Even if this is the equivalent of a first round rookie pick, I say the same thing. The next draft doesn't appear to have the depth to make this swap worth it.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yeah, that's exactly what the little voice in my head is saying.

THanks guys!

Dobber Sports Padawan

As much as I'd love it if he did, Weber's not going to hit the 91 points he's on pace for. I'd be happy with 50, which at this point shouldn't be too difficult for him. But I would still take PK Subban for my Weber in a heartbeat.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Initiate

Didn't check the numbers to verify, but I have the vague recollection that Subban starts a bit slower than he finishes... Plus he's with a new team, so sometimes chemestry can take a while.

I strongly recommend patience with him.
    On a fantasy hockey break.