Thread: \"Stamkos/Draft Pick\" Trade OFFER

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default \"Stamkos/Draft Pick\" Trade OFFER

Here\'s the info needed: 10 team Keeper League (kept 3 players this year and are upping it to 5 at the end of the season). I have \"Last Overall pick\" (10th pick 4th round) and its a snake draft (back-to-back picks). My 3 Keepers so far are: S.Crosby (C), H.Zetterberg (LW), R.Luongo (G)....

Stats are: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,FW and W,SO,GAA,SV%

The guy drafting ahead of me mentioned something along the lines of a hypothetical offer....If Steve Stamkos gets to me at the end of the 4th round

He\'d get: Steve Stamkos (4th round/40th pick)

I\'d get: 5th round pick (48th overall) AND 7th round pick (68th overall)

Keep in mind, I do get my own 1st pick of the 5th round...

And here is an example of the top 12 players available to draft (mind you I get \'left-overs\' 10th overall): D.Phaneuf, H.Lundqvist, O.Jokinen, S.Gonchar, M.Green, P.Kane, S.Stamkos, T.Vanek, P.Statsny, B.Morrow, D.Briere, N.Backstrom...

Would I be better off to just draft 2 of these guys myself? OR take one and get a lower 5th round pick and an extra pick in 7th?

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUHGTS???
    10 Team 5 Keeper Roto....Stats are:G,A,+/-,HITS,PPP,SOG,FW and W,SO,GAA,SV%:

C-A.Barkov,V.Trochek,B.Horvat
    RW-A.Svechkinov(LW),T.Bertuzzi(LW),P.Laine(LW)
    LW-B.Marchand,E.Kane(RW),B.Schenn(RW/C)
    F-L.Couture(C)
    D-K.Letang,D.Nurse,M.Seider,N.Pionk
    G-I.Shesterkin.C.Hellebuyck
    BEN-E.Merzlikins(G),K.Kahkonen(G),J.Bratt(LW/RW),T.Toffoli(LW/RW),B.Jenner(LW/C),R.Andersson(D)
    IR-J.Vrana(LW),N.Ehlers(RW/LW)

Dobber Sports Initiate

I know it probably looks complicated...but would someone be kind enough to take a look and give me a second opinion, PLEASE

F-L.Couture(C)
    BEN-E.Merzlikins(G),K.Kahkonen(G),J.Bratt(LW/RW),T.Toffoli(LW/RW),B.Jenner(LW/C),R.Andersson(D)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Not so complicated actually. I traded down in a recent draft in the 2nd round.

So this guy picks just ahead of your 40th pick at 39th - no that can\'t be right he must be picking 3rd in line for you to get that 5th round pick?

How many rounds in this draft?

I...am your father.

I think if it means you can grab Backstrom 48th instead, and you get that extra pick, then it\'s a no-brainer. Do it.
    B)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I don\'t think he can Dobber - that would be the 18th pick of the draft and surely Backstrom will be gone.

This guy is essentially going after his extra two keepers for next year in the first round. He is stuffed to get two keeper types if he doesn\'t get your pick and this is pretty cheap for him I think.

He is also sliming you with that 7th rounder because it\'s late in the round - 68th. Even rounds he is 3rd in line not 8th.

You have two options - grab two great guys with your two picks and be happy. Or grab one and trade down but make the guy pay through the nose if he wants this. I say you require his 6th round and then you also swap picks in the 8th, 10th and 12th rounds to upgrade your spots by 7 in each case. He might balk but screw him - he gets two primo keepers or he doesn\'t - his choice.

Dobber Sports Initiate

He\'s drafting 3rd, I\'m drafting 10th......

I\'d doubt if any of the names I mentioned would make it all the way back to the 48th Pick (that I\'d get from him).

With the 3 Keepers that I have (Crosby, Zetterberg, Luongo), I\'m usually due to be in contention, so I\'m not in a rebuilding stage.

PROBABLY the best bet, is to draft the 2 BEST players available with the 10th and 11th picks (whether it be Stamkos or not)...and if the guy wants Stankos later, I\'ll make him pay!

F-L.Couture(C)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default "Stamkos/Draft Pick" Trade OFFER

Don\'t be too quick to pass on the idea of a counter offer like I suggested (although I suspect he would choke on it anyway). There is some real merit in it for you for this year.

Yeah you miss out on one keeper type but you gain huge in the rest of the draft - when you get a freebie pick that early - it essentially means that you are ahead of the draft the rest of the way - if say you get his 6th rounder which is 53rd overall I believe - you are essentially able to fill avery position on your team with a better player than you would normally fill it with. Getting those round upgrades as well might not seem significant but essentially you would be picking guys you would not nromally get a shot at - the combined package would put you ahead of the draft about 17 spots for those 3 picks.

Just something to think about. But of course, picking two goodies on your first two picks cannot be all bad.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Wow, What did I do wrong?

This a Keeper League question...........

F-L.Couture(C)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Nope it\'s a trade question - Dobber whisked this thing right out from under me a while ago - \"where did it go from my screen?\" I said.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Oh, I thought trades for a KEEPER League would go under \"KEEPER League\" forum.......

Sorry Dobber

F-L.Couture(C)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

If that\'s the worst thing you do on these forums you will get Citizen of the Year, jager.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

What does the guys team look like that let go of Phaneuf? That\'s what I\'m curious about!
    Anyways, draft one of the guys available, since you only get to keep 5 next season, I don\'t see Stamkos being in the top 5, especially on a team that could potential have your three keep players plus say Phaneuf and Lundqvist or Jokinen and Backstrom.
    ICFHL
    12 team H2H, Keep 17 Pro, 9 Prospects (<200 NHL games)

C - Staal; Staal; Berglund; Nugent Hopkins; Zibinejad

LW - Versteeg; Latendresse; Downie; Boedker; Anisimov; MacArthur; King

RW - Pavelski; Oshie; Williams; Stewart; Burmistrov

D - Byfuglien; Shattenkirk; Kulikov; Markov; Pitkanen; Gonchar; Rundblad

G - Quick; Varlamov; Giguere; Bernier; Bachman; Bobrovsky; Irving; Salak