View Poll Results: Which of these fearless forecasts do you think will actually happen?

Voters
68. This poll is closed
  • At least 8 players will score both 35+ goals and 35+ assists

15 22.06%
  • Neither Weber nor Josi will finish in the top 10 for d-man points

12 17.65%
  • Five Tampa forwards (plus Hedman) will post 60+ points

5 7.35%
  • No Flyer forward will score 60+ points

2 2.94%
  • No goalie who appears in 50+ games will have a GAA under 2.20

15 22.06%
  • Jake Muzzin will outpoint Drew Doughty by at least 20%

9 13.24%
  • Jonathan Bernier will have more wins than Petr Mrazek

14 20.59%
  • Ehlers will outpoint at least one of McDavid and Eichel

9 13.24%
  • Tyson Barrie will finish in the top 4 in d-man points

17 25.00%
  • Vasilevskiy will win the Conn Smythe....as a Blue.....against his former team

1 1.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 10 Fearless Forecasts for 2016-17 - vote and post yours here

The Great One

Default 10 Fearless Forecasts for 2016-17 - vote and post yours here

This is it folks; what all (okay, maybe a few……) of you have waited all summer for – my top 10 Fearless Forecasts for the 2016-17 season! Here's a link to the column: http://www.dobberhockey.com/hockey-h...orecasts-2016/. If you arrived here before reading it, I encourage you to check it out because although some of these might sound far-fetched at first blush trust me there's logic behind each one.

Part of the fun in this is seeing what all of you think, both in terms of voting on which of these 10 is most likely to actually happen, plus in posting your own fearless forecasts. Multiple votes are allowed, so you should vote for whichever of the ten you think will actually happen, whether that's just one, or two, or all ten! After you vote, go ahead and explain – via a post here – why you voted the way you did.

Beyond that, hopefully this will inspire you to post your own predictions. Remember though – these are FEARLESS forecasts, so make sure they’re truly bold predictions but also ones that can at least be grounded in some sense of reality.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Great One

Default Re: 10 Fearless Forecasts for 2016-17 - vote and post yours here

I'll go with these 2 for now....

1) a member gets mad that I'm using his selfie as my avatar lol
    2) big ev makes yet another username

Banned

that's pretty messed up that you would use a person's picture...

Dobber Sports Demi-God

re: OP list.
    Pretty good list. I think I voted for the Josi/Weber one because I think they had good chemistry and I could see both struggling to find it with their new pairing-mate.
    Looking forward to article - one of my favourite topics to kick-off season.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    re: OP list.
    Pretty good list. I think I voted for the Josi/Weber one because I think they had good chemistry and I could see both struggling to find it with their new pairing-mate.
    Looking forward to article - one of my favourite topics to kick-off season.
    Thanks Pengwin. Even I was amazed at how intertwined Josi and Weber were - I think the numbers I saw were 89% of their 5x5 time together last season, and 92% in 2014-15. I figured that would cause enough readjustment-related worse production to push them out of the top 10.
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Titan

I think Josi is going to be playing with Ellis, who he has been around for years, and I think they had some time together back when Suter was still around.
    It could be a bit of an adjustment, but I think Josi will be okay. It will be different for Weber for sure being on a whole new team, but having Carey price behind you does make things a lot easier.
    I voted for the Muzzin/Doughty one, as I think Muzzin has another gear, and for the Tyson Barrie one, as he definitely has another gear, and this offence is taking a step forward.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

I voted for the goalie over 50 wins and the GAA.

I really didnt know what one to vote for because I didnt see any of them happening but this one was the closest. Doesn't the new goalie equipment rule come into effect this year?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I voted for the goalie over 50 wins and the GAA.

I really didnt know what one to vote for because I didnt see any of them happening but this one was the closest.
    I hear where you're coming from, and chances are no more than a couple of these will actually come to fruition. But you might be surprised to see some of the data on these, as at least on paper they seem remotely plausible. Not likely, but plausible.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    I hear where you're coming from, and chances are no more than a couple of these will actually come to fruition. But you might be surprised to see some of the data on these, as at least on paper they seem remotely plausible. Not likely, but plausible.
    Why doesn't this surprise me. LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I went for Ehlers over one of McDavid/Eichel. I can see McDavid getting injured again or Ehlers breaking out this season.

My fearless forecast:

Laine gets sent down to the AHL. Connor (and Ehlers) are the young kids that break out.

Dobber Sports Titan

I went with Bernier out winning Mrazek. Carlyle put Bernier in over Reimer constantly despite performance, and I think Gibson is too soft to push through injuries so he’ll lose some time playing.

I never liked how Gibson was just given the No1 position despite never out shining Andersen.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I am interested what you have on paper that makes it seem like no Flyer forward will score 60 points... looking forward to reading the article.

My 100% biased and totally inspired by the above Flyers prediction will be

5 Flyers forwards and 1 Flyers D score 60+ points, based on fact that they had a great 2nd half of season

Giroux (above 60 for several years - leading scorer over past 5 seasons combined)
    Schenn ( closed in on 59 last year and team had slow start)
    Voracek (bounce back year)
    Simmonds (2 of last three years he had 60 points)
    Couturier ( entering that coveted 24-25 year range... and he scored as many points in 63 games last year as he did in 82 the two prior years. if he stays healthy then 60 is in range!)

Ghost - I know everyone is predicting regression, but hey I am hoping he surprises us and puts together a huge campaign!

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I am interested what you have on paper that makes it seem like no Flyer forward will score 60 points... looking forward to reading the article.
    It started as a hunch, then I went with it after I saw data on Giroux and having seen Hackstol's system in place for a full year.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

It started as a hunch, then I went with it after I saw data on Giroux and having seen Hackstol's system in place for a full year.
    Interesting... well I biasedly hope you are wrong is the explanation of Hakstol's stystem in your article?

Banned

No chance Couturier comes close to 60, but Giroux and Voracek are locks.