Thread: KC Chiefs CEO & owner voices his opinion on the whole Anthem situation

Dobber Sports Deity

Default KC Chiefs CEO & owner voices his opinion on the whole Anthem situation

There's no doubt where you stand with him after this statement.

https://onsizzle.com/i/clark-hunt-ce...chiefs-2538791

Clark Hunt, CEO and Owner of the Kansas City #Chiefs called a meeting with all of his Coaches, Players and field staff and firmly told them,

"You are all simply paid performers on a stage and that field is my stage!

You will stand, with your hand over your heart and with respect, when our Country's National Anthem is being played or you will no longer be a Kansas City Chief, a Coach for the Kansas City Chiefs or have any association with the Chiefs Organization!

I will immediately fire you, no matter who you are!" You can make your political statements off the field, but when you're employed by me and I'm signing your check,

I demand that you make our fans proud and not embarrass them.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: KC Chiefs CEO & owner voices his opinion on the whole Anthem situation

Are you allowed to fire someone for something like that? Patriotism is almost a form of religion - could you fire someone for not praying the way you want them to?

I believe you should be able to hire/fire anyone for any damn reason you please, whether it's flat out racist/sexist/whatever, but alas, I don't make the rules...

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: KC Chiefs CEO & owner voices his opinion on the whole Anthem situation

Wow intense! Thanks for sharing!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Are you allowed to fire someone for something like that? Patriotism is almost a form of religion - could you fire someone for not praying the way you want them to?

I believe you should be able to hire/fire anyone for any damn reason you please, whether it's flat out racist/sexist/whatever, but alas, I don't make the rules...
    In NFL they release players on a daily basis it seems like... they will say it is performance related.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post

Short answer is yes, at least in Ontario you have every right to fire without cause, usually just means you have to pay a premium on the severance package.

It get's dicey around health or addiction issues, if they have been brought forward then you are hooped as an employer, but otherwise fill your boots!
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
    (G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
    C: R Getzlaf, C Giroux, Scheifele, T Bozak
    LW: T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau, T Hall
    RW: C Perry, K Okposo, A Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: D Byfuglien, Z Chara, E Karlsson, R Josi, D Keith, Trouba
    G: R Luongo, B Holtby, K Lehtonen
    Farm: Lack, Wennberg, Hellbucyk, Ho-Sang, Milano, Burakovsky, Sanheim
    2012-2013 and 2013-2014 league champ

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I wish the whole team would kneel. Just to call his bluff.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I wish the whole team would kneel. Just to call his bluff.
    If only it was the Cowboys and their championship hungry owner... then this would be hilarious!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

50 year old white dude from Texas threatens to cut his players.

I'd love to watch him cut Charles, Maclin, Smith, Justin Houston, and Tamba Hali for kneeling for the anthem.

Dobber Sports Genius

From Clark Hunt's point of view I think he is 100% right. My team, my rules. Bring your politics onto my field - not OK. Bring your politics onto your field - OK.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Administrator

You are all simply paid performers on a stage and that field is my stage!
    This type of attitude got them in trouble with concussion lawsuits.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    From Clark Hunt's point of view I think he is 100% right. My team, my rules. Bring my politics onto my field - OK. Bring your politics onto your field - OK.
    Bold part is fixed
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    Bold part is fixed
    Yeah fair enough. I'm not arguing that this is my opinion.

I was trying to state that from HIS perspective, "Bring my politics onto my field - OK. Bring your politics onto your field - OK." is a fair point of view.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Are there any credible news sources reporting this actually occurred? If you follow the link it takes you to a right-wing website full of memes attacking Hillary and Obama and supporting all things Republican. Google doesn't come up with any comments on the national anthem attributed to Hunt other than the linked page, I also found one KC Chiefs forum where a poster states he saw the same quote attributed to Jerry Jones.

Given that there is no source for the information and the vague nature of the description I'm going to suggest this never actually happened and is an internet rumor started by a right-leaning group.

EDIT: here's a snopes article debunking that Jerry Jones ordered his players to stand for the anthem:
    http://www.snopes.com/jerry-jones-speech-911/

The article ends by saying a another version was attributed to Hunt.

I'm going to conclude the whole thing never happened and was completely made up.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by lawman View Post
    are there any credible news sources reporting this actually occurred? If you follow the link it takes you to a right-wing website full of memes attacking hillary and obama and supporting all things republican. Google doesn't come up with any comments on the national anthem attributed to hunt other than the linked page, i also found one kc chiefs forum where a poster states he saw the same quote attributed to jerry jones.

Given that there is no source for the information and the vague nature of the description i'm going to suggest this never actually happened and is an internet rumor started by a right-leaning group.

Edit: Here's a snopes article debunking that jerry jones ordered his players to stand for the anthem:
    http://www.snopes.com/jerry-jones-speech-911/

the article ends by saying a another version was attributed to hunt.

I'm going to conclude the whole thing never happened and was completely made up.
    we have a lawman sighting!!

Dobber Sports Guru

If this election should teach us anything it's the following: "Snopes before you post!"

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    If this election should teach us anything it's the following: "Snopes before you post!"
    Snopes didn't say this was fake, it said the Jerry Jones telling his players to stand was fake. I haven't found anything that justifies this as fake. Maybe I'm wrong and this is fake but I haven't found anything that says it yet.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."