Thread: Defensemen - Rank Them - One Year Format

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Defensemen - Rank Them - One Year Format

Hi guys,

I need help from you guys in sorting the Ds that are available for my upcoming draft.
    The league format is a cap league where salaries are the same as the NHL and cap hit for teams are also the same as NHL and counts Points (1pt) & +/- (+ or - 1pt); so a D that has 47 points but is -5 gets 42 Fantasy Pts and a D that gets 37 pts and is +5 also gets 42 FPs.

So here is the list to rank for a 1-year performance given the above format (pts and +/-):
    Colton Parayko
    Jake Muzzin
    Kevin Klein
    Mike Green
    Matt Dumba
    Cody Ceci
    Dmitry Orlov
    Danny DeKeyser
    Jared Spurgeon
    David Savard
    Morgan Rielly

Thanks a ton guys! I know it's a long list and kinda funky rules where the team is super important on the FPs due to +/-

Looking forward to seeing your sorting/rankings and any short comments as to why would be super appreciated.
    7 Keepers Salary Cap League (81.5M Cap)/ 18 Teams / 10 FW, 5 D, 2G, 1 Bench). Every 10 games, we compute Top 8 forwards, top 4 Ds and top goalie for those 10 games, then we store the points and computer for the next 10 games, so on and so forth.
    FW: 1pt = 1 FPt
    D: 1pt = 1 FPt & +/- = +or- 1 FPt
    G: (TOI*0.05/GAA)

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Defensemen - Rank Them - One Year Format

Colton Parayko
    Jake Muzzin
    Morgan Rielly
    Matt Dumba
    Kevin Klein
    Cody Ceci
    Dmitry Orlov
    David Savard
    Jared Spurgeon
    Danny DeKeyser
    Mike Green

Just off the top of my head I think I would rank them something like this.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Colton Parayko - 1
    Jake Muzzin - 2
    Kevin Klein 7
    Mike Green 8
    Matt Dumba 3
    Cody Ceci 6
    Dmitry Orlov 4
    Danny DeKeyser 10
    Jared Spurgeon 9
    David Savard 11
    Morgan Rielly 5

The Great One

With +/- being so key, Parayko is a monster. Muzzin is also the clear choice for second. After that it's a bit cloudier. I actually like Orlov for #3, especially with his "show me" one year deal and that fact that he's entering his fourth season. The next group would be Rielly, then Dumba, then Green, then Ceci. After that it's a mish-mosh of mediocrity or worse.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Interesting how you guys put Dumba so high up. I'm always afraid Spurgeon will take the second spot on the 1st PP and that Dumba will end up with next to no PP points due to it. Suter is never losing his. About Orlov, is he going to be playing with Carlson on the PP? WSH plays 4 FWs and 1 D for PP right? (There are no extra PP points but I figure a lot of the total production of an offensive D comes from PP)
    7 Keepers Salary Cap League (81.5M Cap)/ 18 Teams / 10 FW, 5 D, 2G, 1 Bench). Every 10 games, we compute Top 8 forwards, top 4 Ds and top goalie for those 10 games, then we store the points and computer for the next 10 games, so on and so forth.
    FW: 1pt = 1 FPt
    D: 1pt = 1 FPt & +/- = +or- 1 FPt
    G: (TOI*0.05/GAA)

Dobber Sports Titan

Had Dumba higher because I think he can fall into that Shattenkirk role of D3-4 and PPQB. Maybe just not to the same lofty heights as Shatty has hit.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Genius

Yikes! +/- is Critical. Here is my list then...

Colton Parayko
    Jake Muzzin

Dmitry Orlov
    Jared Spurgeon
    Matt Dumba
    Mike Green
    Cody Ceci

Morgan Rielly
    Danny DeKeyser
    David Savard

Tiered out like that as well. I don't think Toronto is going to be that much better this year. I could see Morgan Reilly getting 40-45 points with -15 to -20 putting him at the 25-30 points range.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky