Thread: Bored? Help my strategize [REP]

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Bored? Help my strategize [REP]

Evansville Icemen team in the sig.

I've got my FA Draft on Saturday and am combing through the list of available players, trying to figure out my strategy.

Roster + Available Players:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

I've got a bit of advantage this year over some of the other GM's as I have my 9 keepers (Bold/Italic) + 6 minors players that need to come up but are solid producers. So I'm starting with 6 extra players basically.

I''m all in for the win this year.

I've got the 5th pick in a snake draft of 10.

I'm thinking I need to look at filling my RW, D and G first.
    Slim pickings on G and RW though, tons of good D.

Tyler Johnson is available, and he looks like the best player available IMO, but he's low down in the draft based on Fantrax rankings so I'm pretty confident he slides down to me at 5th.

Should go Radulov, Josi, Sharp and then Fluery, based on my knowledge of the GM's drafting before me.

What are your thoughts / advice?

REP and appreciation given to all
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Bored? Help my strategize [REP]

Josi should be your top target IMO, then Johnson (he should slip), then one of Fleury or Radulov (he will go super early or super late IMO). At worst, try to handcuff Jones if the pickings are super slim and you can't get another starter. I know you are low on RWs but you need to get the BPA to fill in your other slots nonetheless (Giroux doesn't have dual eligibility in your pool?)

Also, Larkin and Aho should give you some good stats (Larkin especially) on RW so you should be able to fill that last spot later on if you lose out on Radu or Sharp (and if Giroux is C-only)
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Veteran

Giroux lost his RW this off-season.....hoping he gets it back, but I'm gonna plan that he doesn't.

The thing with this pool is if I bring someone up from my minors I can't send them back down until the end of the season. Larkin I'm no so worried about, but if I bring up Aho and he goes cold for a long strech I'd be forced to drop him or waste a roster spot.

I'm really hoping Josi falls to me, but yeah to your point I think I'm gonna draft BPA all the time and then just manage the roster after.

We're all Montreal Canadiens fans so Radulov is going first even though I've told the guy with the 1st overall he'd be stupid to not take Josi lol

There's 2 teams that did not keep a goalie, 4 kept 2 Goalies, and 4 kept 1 Goalie, so I expect there to be a goalie run early.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post
    Giroux lost his RW this off-season.....hoping he gets it back, but I'm gonna plan that he doesn't.

The thing with this pool is if I bring someone up from my minors I can't send them back down until the end of the season. Larkin I'm no so worried about, but if I bring up Aho and he goes cold for a long strech I'd be forced to drop him or waste a roster spot.

I'm really hoping Josi falls to me, but yeah to your point I think I'm gonna draft BPA all the time and then just manage the roster after.

We're all Montreal Canadiens fans so Radulov is going first even though I've told the guy with the 1st overall he'd be stupid to not take Josi lol

There's 2 teams that did not keep a goalie, 4 kept 2 Goalies, and 4 kept 1 Goalie, so I expect there to be a goalie run early.
    Is Murray a keeper? If you can pick and handcuff both Pittsburgh goalies, you could end up with 3 starters come mid-season. I doubt if you pick one of Murray or Fleury early on that another manager would pick the other. Maybe getting Josi and then getting a goalie will benefit you more. Going after Radu early on is a big risk IMO
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay