Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Subban/Weber for an upgrade in Forward?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Subban/Weber for an upgrade in Forward?

For the league in sig, I'm not trying to force a trade or anything but was just looking at my team and debated the possibility of getting another stud forward to go along with Tank and Johnny Hockey. I am pretty well stocked on D prospects and I know losing one of Subban or Weber would be tough but if I gained something killer back (which i should) then the hit may be nominal. Should I try to move one of the two for maybe a D prospect like Ghost, Theodore, Provorov and an upgrade in Forward or should I just be happy with what I got and move on? It's a salary league and I am cutting it pretty close to the cap ($89,790,000 in a $90mil cap) and with Gaudreau's contract coming up I would need to make room to keep him. I've offered up Dubnyk to anyone interested to shave off his $5mil cap but no offers as of yet.
    2017-2018 League Champion
    Salary Dynasty League 20 teams
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PPP-SHP-(+/-)-PIM-SOG-GWG-HITS-BLKS / W-L-OL-GA-SV-SO
    PLAYOFFS COINCIDE WITH NHL PLAYOFFS

F- Gourde, E. Lindholm, R. Smith, Gaudreau, Ovechkin, Draisaitl, Crosby, Labanc, Kerfoot, Haula, E. Kane, Aston-Reese, Vatrano
    D- Karlsson, Letang, Niskanen, Schultz, Dumoulin, Polak
    G- Binnington, Dubnyk, Bobrovsky

Minors:
    F: Erne, Saarela, Hannikainen, Hagel, F. Perron, Pollock, Ully, Amadio, Kotkov, Wallmark, Phillips, Pitlick, Haapala
    D: Djoos, Johansen, Cholowski, Zboril, Bowey, Niku, Pedan, Weegar
    G: Huska, Copley

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Subban/Weber for an upgrade in Forward?

I mean trading Weber/Subban in a cap league is a good idea, but no guarantee you can get good value for them. I would be flexible (as you seem to be) and just keep shopping around until a deal comes up that you like. It may not necessarily be for who you think either.
    Good luck sorting that out before the Gaudreau deal comes in though.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I mean trading Weber/Subban in a cap league is a good idea, but no guarantee you can get good value for them. I would be flexible (as you seem to be) and just keep shopping around until a deal comes up that you like. It may not necessarily be for who you think either.
    Good luck sorting that out before the Gaudreau deal comes in though.
    I've certainly have had a lot of interest from people in Subban so I think I could get away with moving him. I'll post up any offers to see what you guys think

F- Gourde, E. Lindholm, R. Smith, Gaudreau, Ovechkin, Draisaitl, Crosby, Labanc, Kerfoot, Haula, E. Kane, Aston-Reese, Vatrano

Minors:
    F: Erne, Saarela, Hannikainen, Hagel, F. Perron, Pollock, Ully, Amadio, Kotkov, Wallmark, Phillips, Pitlick, Haapala

The Great One

Impressed getting offers on Subban with what seems like a very low cap so intrigued to see them?
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Impressed getting offers on Subban with what seems like a very low cap so intrigued to see them?
    I mean its not like I am drowning in offers for him, but I have had a couple managers interested in grabbing him in some deals but most were just crap deals in general so I didn't consider it

Minors:

The Great One

I think they'll stay in the crap pile even if you make him available...

I think they'll stay in the crap pile even if you make him available...
    You think so? I mean the crap deals that I got, they were trying to lump in Gaudreau and only giving me Theodore and some random forward for the two. Additionally, Subban and Weber were among the highest scoring players in our league format last season (well mainly Weber, Subban had an off year). Weber had around 3000 fantasy points last season, which puts him in the top 10 among all skaters, just behind Ovechkin and Crosby (3125pts for Crosby and 3118 for Ovi) so there is definite value in Weber at least. Subban had around 2300pts last season so less value but could still be potent when paired with Josi next season so there's value there as well. I am not saying I will get Crosby for Subban or something but I don't think a decent deal is out of the question

Minors:

The Great One

At 9 million per you are paying for that production... Especially with a 90 million cap and around a 27 man roster

At 9 million per you are paying for that production... Especially with a 90 million cap and around a 27 man roster
    So i have a manager interested in Subban. Told him that the players he has that interest me are Rielly, Theodore, Eichel, Galchenyuk, Lindell, Bean, and Gibson. Granted I am not trying to get Eichel cause it would be costly but I am trying to push for Rielly and Theodore if he will do it, he said that Lindell and Bean he wouldn't mind moving. I'll Keep you posted

Minors:

Dobber Sports Grand Master

That's not bad, thought you wanted to help your forward core, though.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    That's not bad, thought you wanted to help your forward core, though.
    Yeah that's why I am thinking possibly Galchenyuk, Theodore, and Bean for Subban if he will do it.

I also have another offer for Dubnyk:

I give: Dubnyk

I get: C. Murphy, Samsonov, Killorn, and a 5th round in next years draft

The only issue I really have with it is that I am putting all my faith in Price remaining healthy throughout the season. I like getting Samsonov in my prospects and Killorn should have a decent season. We only get 1 goalie start per week so losing Dubnyk isn't the worst but I would rather get a goalie in return, even if it isn't a better option.

Another manager is also interested in Dubnyk, and he has F Andersen who I could probably squeeze out of him plus a forward. He has Bob but would like to get a solid starter so he wouldn't mind moving Andersen for Dubnyk if it can happen.

Minors:

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by xdmurda View Post
    Yeah that's why I am thinking possibly Galchenyuk, Theodore, and Bean for Subban if he will do it.

I also have another offer for Dubnyk:

I give: Dubnyk

I get: C. Murphy, Samsonov, Killorn, and a 5th round in next years draft

The only issue I really have with it is that I am putting all my faith in Price remaining healthy throughout the season. I like getting Samsonov in my prospects and Killorn should have a decent season. We only get 1 goalie start per week so losing Dubnyk isn't the worst but I would rather get a goalie in return, even if it isn't a better option.

Another manager is also interested in Dubnyk, and he has F Andersen who I could probably squeeze out of him plus a forward. He has Bob but would like to get a solid starter so he wouldn't mind moving Andersen for Dubnyk if it can happen.
    I'm not a fan of the Dubnyk deal, because it's a solid guy on a good contract, for small pieces in return.
    The Subban return isn't bad if this is a deal to shed salary. Wonder if you could get a pick thrown in too just to feel better about the trade.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

I'm not a fan of the Dubnyk deal, because it's a solid guy on a good contract, for small pieces in return.
    The Subban return isn't bad if this is a deal to shed salary. Wonder if you could get a pick thrown in too just to feel better about the trade.

Yeah that was my thinking as well on the Dubnyk trade, whici is why I would rather work out a deal with the other manager who has Andersen to see if I can get a better return.

As for the Subban deal, I can ask about the pick being thrown in. Not trying to rush a deal so if he says no then I will just leave it be and see what can be done. I would like to shed salary for sure but I am fine at the moment, you know? Just would like some breathing room really.

Minors:

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by xdmurda View Post
    Yeah that was my thinking as well on the Dubnyk trade, whici is why I would rather work out a deal with the other manager who has Andersen to see if I can get a better return.

As for the Subban deal, I can ask about the pick being thrown in. Not trying to rush a deal so if he says no then I will just leave it be and see what can be done. I would like to shed salary for sure but I am fine at the moment, you know? Just would like some breathing room really.
    Understandable. Just as long as you aren't feeling forced into anything.

Understandable. Just as long as you aren't feeling forced into anything.
    Should I try the Galchenyuk, Theodore, Bean and possibly a pick trade or should I swap Galchenyuk for Schwartz? I think both have definite upside, I'm just not sure who would be the better option in this deal.

Minors: