Thread: What computer program could help me with my hockey pool? Details inside

Dobber Sports Monster

Default What computer program could help me with my hockey pool? Details inside

I'm in a 1 year all points league, we all have a list of top 300 skaters, top 30 goalies of last season and let's say Patrick Kane is selected 1st overall, we say "#1, PATRICK KANE" then we all cross off Patrick Kane. Then when someone selects Evgeny Kuznetsov they say #10 Evgeny Kuznetsov. Their number is where they finished in scoring last season.

Now here is my dilemma, I got my list of top 300 forwards, top 100 defence, top 40 goalies for the upcoming season. Is there any way I could have my list on the computer and let's say Alexander Radulov gets picked, where I could just write in Radulov selected and he gets taken off my O-Rank. Just sometimes the picks are rolling and it's hard to go by your list cuz so many players on your list and you lose track with how fast the draft is rolling.

Any ideas?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: What computer program could help me with my hockey pool? Details inside

I use an excel spreadsheet and when a player is picked I put the pick# by their name and it crosses them out. Can hide taken players. Has the stats and my custom rankings everything. It also has a functioning draft board that we were going to throw on the TV and use but the Canada World Cup was more important :P
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: What computer program could help me with my hockey pool? Details inside

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    I use an excel spreadsheet and when a player is picked I put the pick# by their name and it crosses them out. Can hide taken players. Has the stats and my custom rankings everything. It also has a functioning draft board that we were going to throw on the TV and use but the Canada World Cup was more important :P
    I figured this out. I have all my work on excel spreadsheet and I just go to the function "FIND AND REPLACE" then I can search up a name such as - Alexander Radulov, then I just click his name and erase it. Phew

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    I figured this out. I have all my work on excel spreadsheet and I just go to the function "FIND AND REPLACE" then I can search up a name such as - Alexander Radulov, then I just click his name and erase it. Phew
    You are better off not erasing the name, and instead reformatting things using conditional formatting. If 2 players have the same name you may end up erasing the wrong one in haste.

I would set up your list, have a column for pick number or taken, and then set up the name column to conditionally format if the the value of that cell in greater than zero or different than blank, depending on how you want to track things.

I'd recommend using strikethrough font with no shading on the cell, but shade the entire list in a light color before you start.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    You are better off not erasing the name, and instead reformatting things using conditional formatting. If 2 players have the same name you may end up erasing the wrong one in haste.

I would set up your list, have a column for pick number or taken, and then set up the name column to conditionally format if the the value of that cell in greater than zero or different than blank, depending on how you want to track things.

I'd recommend using strikethrough font with no shading on the cell, but shade the entire list in a light color before you start.
    Good idea. Oh man this will be so much easier than just looking at the top 300 skaters from last year and wasting my time looking around at everyone available. Much better to be prepared and have a list.

Dobber Sports Sage

I believe there was a spreadsheet posted on reddit...

Here it is https://www.reddit.com/r/fantasyhock...preadsheet_10/
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24