Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Has World Cup altered your views on anyone?

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Has World Cup altered your views on anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    My list (just memories right now):
    - Chara is slower but seemed to be adapting to it as the tourney went on
    - Rinne looks like last year... just worse
    - McDavid needs to shoot more, I felt he passed up TONS of opportunities
    - Pavelski needs Thornton to be very good, so if Big Joe ever leave SJ or retires get rid of Pavelski as fast as you can
    - MacKinnon looks amazing, same with Reilly and Ghost
    - Ristolanen has a very poor tournament while Vatenen was great for Finland, just super snakebitten
    - Tavares looks like he will get better than his last year point total
    - Gaborik honestly looks a lot better in the tournament
    - Zuccarello looked great as well
    - Zaitsev and Orlov looked good too, same with Bob
    came here to post this. He looked very average at times in this tournament.

Dobber Sports Veteran

My list..

Bob might be back
    Speed rules
    Ghost makes the same plays as Karlsson and yet when Karlsson does it I'm not scared ?
    Murray got hurt, I do not believe he let in those 4 on nerves
    Aho looked best on Finland.
    Nielson looked good

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by plug View Post
    My list..

Bob might be back
    Speed rules
    Ghost makes the same plays as Karlsson and yet when Karlsson does it I'm not scared ?
    Murray got hurt, I do not believe he let in those 4 on nerves
    Aho looked best on Finland.
    Nielson looked good
    Then why was he still in the game when there's a very capable backup on the bench?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Murray out 3-6wks with a broken hand

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Then why was he still in the game when there's a very capable backup on the bench?
    There's no history of players playing thrue pain/concussion because they are fierce competitors. None.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Expert

Sorry that was condescending.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Padawan

Another player who impressed was RNH, though not because of his fantasy potential. He was just very impressive in his forechecking and defensive play, i didn't realize how good he is on that front.

interesting that someone was impressed with Barkov, i didn't see all those games but what i did see wasn't very impressive.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Padawan

Matt Duchene for me.

With a new coach in Col. I would not be surprise if he would return to a 70 points season.
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I was actually underwhelmed by McDavid for the tournament. I thought a few players on his own team outplayed him, which isn't what you'd expect.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I was actually underwhelmed by McDavid for the tournament. I thought a few players on his own team outplayed him, which isn't what you'd expect.
    Did anyone else feel that way? Someone said yesterday Matthews was best player on team, i thought he was great but i thought he also benefitted from all the defensive attention being on the Next One.

With some luck McD would have had more points, but what jumped out at me were the number of chances he created out of meh opportunities. Still, i have to say that this tournament has me convinced that Sid will best him in points for this year at least.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Administrator

Phil Kessel

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

Brad Marchand is in for a beast of a year. Maybe a trade to Pitts too for Hornqvist & Pouliot? He's going to miss his buddy.

Speaking of his Buddy. This is the best Sid has ever looked in an international tournament. It has always been where's Sid, why hasn't he scored? This tournament it's how many points is he going to put up each game. Hands down best player in the tournament & best player alive. McDavid's still got some work to do...

oh yeah, anyone notice the significant improvement to Sid's defensive game in this past seasons playoffs. BPP. Best Player Period. Trading for him in 1 pool and keeping him in the other best moves I've made all summer.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    BPP. Best Player Period. Trading for him in 1 pool and keeping him in the other best moves I've made all summer.
    I have planned about 10 scenarios for my auction, none involved bidding for Crosby. Since World Cup I'm seriously re-thinking that strategy, I think he'll crack 100 this year.

-- Boethius

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    Did anyone else feel that way? Someone said yesterday Matthews was best player on team, i thought he was great but i thought he also benefitted from all the defensive attention being on the Next One.

With some luck McD would have had more points, but what jumped out at me were the number of chances he created out of meh opportunities. Still, i have to say that this tournament has me convinced that Sid will best him in points for this year at least.
    Mackinnon and Gaudreau were easily the 2 best players on the team. Matthews was better than McDavid too.

Dobber Sports Sage

Agree with lucafen on Marchand. Yeah he was playing with Crosby which is a cherry spot but you could have made an argument that Marchand deserved some MVP consideration. Really made the most of his opportunity and was clutch all tourney long. I own him and was thinking of putting him on the block before the WC in case last year was an outlier, but I am really glad to hold him now in hopes that this excellent performance on a big stage will push him to match last years great numbers.