Thread: Any Info on Clayton Keller playing for the Windsor Spitfires?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Any Info on Clayton Keller playing for the Windsor Spitfires?

Have read it's either Boston U or the OHL's Windsor Spitfires for Keller this upcoming season. Anyone have any updates on where he'll play? If it's Windsor I'm definitely going to grab some tickets for when they play in London.

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Any Info on Clayton Keller playing for the Windsor Spitfires?

Looks like he will be going the College route.

SS Hockey@ISShockey Sep 17
    Top 10 Freshmen#2 Clayton KellerFew flaws. Play making C w/excellent wheels. Turns a game around quickly. @TerrierHockey @collegehockey
    Windsor GM Warren Rychel tells Pipeline Show that Arizona has offered ClaytonKeller a contract; can't understand why he hasn't taken it.
    Spits Fischer at Coyotes camp but ClaytonKeller not allowed to because of NCAA rules. He is attending BU
    There's also the factor of competition. Keller excelled against NCAA competition last season with the NTDP, finishing with a points per game average in NCAA exhibitions that would have put him among the top two or three scorers in the nation extrapolated over a full season. Taking a step down to younger competition in juniors may not provide much benefit other than padding his statistics, similar to the way Mitch Marner dominated the OHL last year.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Monster

I remember reading somewhere where he confirmed hes playing college this year

Dobber Sports Stud

All signs are pointing to him going to BU. He would've signed with AZ and reported to camps if he intended on playing in the OHL this year.

Off topic a bit, I think he's a real candidate for a one and done NCAA career and will step right into the NHL in 2017-18. He's just a sublime offensive player and his defensive game has already shown marked improvement over the last 12 months.

He'll be a steal of the draft at 7th overall. Could have easily been top 4
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Pro

For things like this I always check elite prospects as they always seem to have the updated "where the player is signed/will play next year"

It says Boston University* http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=226432

*My bad haha
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

The Great One

I ran into Warren Rychel the day Kerby got traded and he said Keller was a done deal. So I'm interested to see what really happens.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    For things like this I always check elite prospects as they always seem to have the updated "where the player is signed/will play next year"

It says Boston College http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=226432
    Boston University. But yeah, they are usually right on top of where a player may end up next season.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    I ran into Warren Rychel the day Kerby got traded and he said Keller was a done deal. So I'm interested to see what really happens.
    That is interesting.. You'd think if it was a done deal, he'd have been to the prospect tourney and now reporting to training camp rather than enrolled in studies at BU.. Me thinks Warren spoke a little too soon.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Davola View Post
    All signs are pointing to him going to BU. He would've signed with AZ and reported to camps if he intended on playing in the OHL this year.

Off topic a bit, I think he's a real candidate for a one and done NCAA career and will step right into the NHL in 2017-18. He's just a sublime offensive player and his defensive game has already shown marked improvement over the last 12 months.

He'll be a steal of the draft at 7th overall. Could have easily been top 4
    I agree he's going to be an absolute stud. The next Johnny Gaudreau.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko