Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Screen automatically moves to bottom of page

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Screen automatically moves to bottom of page (Dobber?)

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    I've noticed it happen on another site and it was the same ad, so there's something built in there that forces you to see it. P*sses me off this type of cr*p companies pull. Any ideas if different? I may have to go the ad blocker route as it's getting ridiculous. Annoying is that I don't visit sites like that (bank account switching) so it's not custom to my usage.
    1. don't use Adblock. owner sold out and is allowing companies to pay to have their ads bypass the blocking and show up

2. use ublock origin (i won't link it because i'm not going to promote ad blocking on this site)

3. whitelist that specific ad using ublock origin

although i think your first step should be to contact dobber directly, i'm sure he'll remove that ad if it's causing this many headaches.

The Wolverine

Default Re: Screen automatically moves to bottom of page (Dobber?)

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    1. don't use Adblock. owner sold out and is allowing companies to pay to have their ads bypass the blocking and show up

2. use ublock origin (i won't link it because i'm not going to promote ad blocking on this site)

3. whitelist that specific ad using ublock origin

although i think your first step should be to contact dobber directly, i'm sure he'll remove that ad if it's causing this many headaches.
    Thanks. I've sent him an email. Here's a screenclip of the ad just in case:

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Screen automatically moves to bottom of page

fixed? if not maybe just reinstall Chrome?

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Noriculous View Post
    fixed? if not maybe just reinstall Chrome?
    I'm in touch with Dobber about it. Tend to notice it at home so will check when I'm back on tonight or tomorrow.

The other thing I noticed - might as well share - is that it's not a clickable ad, just the video that cannot be stopped.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

There ARE certain ads that will screen-bump you down.
    I had this happening to me last year.
    Dobber's pretty good about having his IT guys find them and fix them, but it may take a few days.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    The other thing I noticed - might as well share - is that it's not a clickable ad, just the video that cannot be stopped.
    This is the hard part

We blocked the ads we thought it was when you first emailed me a few days ago. Then yesterday after your next email we guessed at a couple more URLs. These ads are nonsense and they cost websites money. And because they are based on reader location, we (in Toronto area) often can't get them and see for ourselves. So I appreciate it when you guys let me know
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    This is the hard part

We blocked the ads we thought it was when you first emailed me a few days ago. Then yesterday after your next email we guessed at a couple more URLs. These ads are nonsense and they cost websites money. And because they are based on reader location, we (in Toronto area) often can't get them and see for ourselves. So I appreciate it when you guys let me know
    I can appreciate that. Yeah, being regionally specific ads, perhaps there something that I could do on my end?