Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Brock Boeser

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Brock Boeser

This thread epitomizes the reason I stopped posting on these boards, but I will make an exception for Boeser as I am VERY high on him. My reasons:

- broke Jonathan Toews UND record for points by a freshman with 60 in just 42 games, and tied Zach Parise's record for goals by a freshman with 26. Finished 3rd in the nation in scoring.. As a freshman!
    - he did play on a good line but he drove the bus; he had 14 more points than linemate nick schmaltz, and when schmaltz and caggiula were both out of the lineup for 4 games, he posted 6 points. Small sample size but shows he didn't need his linemates to produce. There is a 10 min highlight video on YouTube that shows Boesers creativity and shot.
    - he has the drive to succeed. He has been through two personal tragedies and when you listen to him talk you can see how motivated he is which is very important IMO.
    - he is a big time player. Had 4 points in the national championship game leading his team to the title.. As a freshman.
    - he has very little competition and will be a top line/pp player for Vancouver.
    - the only blemish on his resume is that he didn't have a huge WJC but as a younger player he was playing on the 3rd line and no pp time, and he still had 3 points and by many accounts a very solid showing.

He is a guy I had targeted and was able to draft in my main keeper and I am very happy to own him. If you can get him in your league I suggest you do so. He is gonna be an impact player, I don't believe in assigning upside to such young players like everyone on this site wants to do, but labelling him a 55 pt player is just foolish IMO.
    Dynasty - $100/yr buy-in - YEAR 8 - $100M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C - Crosby, Malkin, Getzlaf
    LW - Pavelski, Domi
    RW - Seguin, Perry
    D - Letang, OEL, Carlson, Hamilton, J. Schultz
    Util - M. Koivu, Aho, Spooner, Atkinson
    G - Rask, Quick

BENCH
    Brassard, Bjugstad, Jagr, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Buchnevich, Ekblad, Beaulieu, Severson, Lundqvist
    PROSPECT
    Puljujarvi, Boeser, Barzal, Dal Colle, Fiala, Sergachev, Lindell

FOUR TIME DEFENDING CHAMPION

The Great One

They won Gold in 2015....they didn't need Dal Colle or Ho Sang

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    I like boeser more than dal colle but lets not get carried away with the ''theres a reason he was cut from team canada'' stuff .

maybe if team canada had dal colle and ho-sang on the team the past few years maybe they'd have won something
    Ho-Sang isn't in the conversation of good prospects.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    Ho-Sang isn't in the conversation of good prospects.
    too bad you missed my sarcasm - better luck next time

Dobber Sports Initiate

Another vote for Boeser. I feel his value will only continue to rise over the next year or two.

Dobber Sports Ace

Prospects are gut play for the most part. For me just something with Dal colle seems "off" and boeser seems "right". Is there really a way to substantiate it? No.
    But I agree with most on here that you want the better prospect in this instance. I'd agree more to get more prospects when it's deeper.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm going to hang on to him - I've got a very young team, and a decent farm of prospects as well. I'm not looking to dilute at all. By next year we'll have more stats and playing time to judge Boeser and they'll be all sorts of other prospects coming up and making gains.

And there just isn't a deal for him right now that excites me!
    NHL 16 Team, Keeper - Keep 22 / 44 (11 NHLers, 11 Prospects)
    NHL 15 Team, Dynasty
    NHL 10 Team, One Year
    NHL 8 Team, Cap League
    NFL 12 Team, 0.5 PPR
    NFL 10 Team, Standard Non PPR
    NFL 8 Team, 0.5 PPR
    MLB 10 Team, Roto

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by BealestreetTyrant View Post
    I'm going to hang on to him - I've got a very young team, and a decent farm of prospects as well. I'm not looking to dilute at all. By next year we'll have more stats and playing time to judge Boeser and they'll be all sorts of other prospects coming up and making gains.

And there just isn't a deal for him right now that excites me!
    This is the right move. You should stand pat unless you could get Dal Colle + a very significant prospect for him, and that would be assuming that you wouldn't have to drop a significant prospect to make room. You have to look at it as a 2 for 2 deal.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Fush View Post
    This thread epitomizes the reason I stopped posting on these boards, but I will make an exception for Boeser as I am VERY high on him. My reasons:

- broke Jonathan Toews UND record for points by a freshman with 60 in just 42 games, and tied Zach Parise's record for goals by a freshman with 26. Finished 3rd in the nation in scoring.. As a freshman!
    - he did play on a good line but he drove the bus; he had 14 more points than linemate nick schmaltz, and when schmaltz and caggiula were both out of the lineup for 4 games, he posted 6 points. Small sample size but shows he didn't need his linemates to produce. There is a 10 min highlight video on YouTube that shows Boesers creativity and shot.
    - he has the drive to succeed. He has been through two personal tragedies and when you listen to him talk you can see how motivated he is which is very important IMO.
    - he is a big time player. Had 4 points in the national championship game leading his team to the title.. As a freshman.
    - he has very little competition and will be a top line/pp player for Vancouver.
    - the only blemish on his resume is that he didn't have a huge WJC but as a younger player he was playing on the 3rd line and no pp time, and he still had 3 points and by many accounts a very solid showing.

He is a guy I had targeted and was able to draft in my main keeper and I am very happy to own him. If you can get him in your league I suggest you do so. He is gonna be an impact player, I don't believe in assigning upside to such young players like everyone on this site wants to do, but labelling him a 55 pt player is just foolish IMO.
    I'm a little late to the party here, but Buck Fush nailed it here. Boeser is going to rocket up Dobber's prospect rankings towards the end of this season and the moment he leaves UND. He has an absolute bomb of a shot that he changes release points on to fool goalies. It's wildly impressive for his age.

He's got a great work ethic and leadership qualities.. the A he'll be wearing as a sophomore this season is a nice representation of that.

To me, he has a Patrick Sharp-like upside without the waiting it took for Sharp to get there (26 before he really started producing). He is a goal scorer, plain and simple and I think he'll score a bushel of goals for the Canucks..especially if they get him a primo centre prospect to grow with, or if him and Horvat find quick chemistry.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Monster

Boeser is such a beauty. Plays with so much heart, never gives up on a play. Has such a quick release and picks the corners very well. Skates very well for a guy his size and had shown a lot of improvement in his game from the start of last season to the end. He sees the ice very well.

Canucks have got a great prospect on their hands no doubt.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Boeser is such a beauty. Plays with so much heart, never gives up on a play. Has such a quick release and picks the corners very well. Skates very well for a guy his size and had shown a lot of improvement in his game from the start of last season to the end. He sees the ice very well.

Canucks have got a great prospect on their hands no doubt.
    Registered Beautician
    #LetterKenny