Thread: Joe Hicketts

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Joe Hicketts

How do you think he turns out?
    Not really that hopeful of small def.

Just at a bar bored. Thought I'd listen to other opinions.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Joe Hicketts

I think he's going to be a solid producer for the Grand Rapids Griffins for many years and that's about it.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

I had him as a late round flyer but I think that Detroit team needs to improve a lot for him to hit his own potential... he can play but there are a lot of road blocks in front of him
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

The Great One

Based on your minor league system, I don't see Hicketts being anywhere close to relevant in your set up.

Dobber places Hickett's NHL Certainty at 70% - I find that really, really high, unless that number is only placed on playing a single game at 7D or something.

Dobber Sports Wizard

A player you can take late in the draft if you have room but I also don't really like small D-men. Even highly regarded players and first round picks like Ryan Ellis don't seem to turn into elite players. If they can't do it, then the chances of someone like Hicketts aren't very good.

But of course there's always one Torey Krug that slips through the cracks and becomes a wanted fantasy player, so there is a chance.