Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [Rumor] Kucherov to KHL

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: [Rumor] Kucherov to KHL

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    Indeed. But those options are incredibly powerful when you play for a bottom 5 team that drives all of its offense through you. He'll get whatever he wants and the Flames will gladly pay it or he will wait it out and not start the season. The Kings tried this whole 'we're not paying you more than Kopitar' thing with Doughty. He called their bluff, waited out training camp and most of the preseason, and then got the contract he wanted, which was bigger than Kopitar's in the end. I don't see why a player who is the very lifeblood of the Flames should get anything less than 7.5 over 7, well worth it and more than any other player on the team. The highest end players get what they want. Guys like Kucherov can be replaced on a powerhouse team like the Lightning who have all sorts of other options. He's valuable, but he's nothing like Gaudreau in terms of his impact on the team.
    I'd argue the exact opposite. Without Gaudreau, the Flames are terrible. With Gaudreau, they are merely bad.
    Without Kucherov, the Bolts are probably a playoff team lacking a bit on offensive, with Kucherov, they are Cup contenders.

Tbay has a lot more to lose here than Calgary at the moment.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Eh.

"Bottom Five". It'll be interesting to see where they will finish with simply league average goal tending. If you think it was anything but their goalies that resulted in where they finished last season, you just weren't paying much attention to Calgary last season. Which is fine, but just how it is.

First off, I mean 7.5x7 is probably just fair value for Gaudreau. He's already a top 10 scorer in the league. I think you'd be hard pressed to argue that he doesn't deserve the same type of contract as Tarasenko. I'd imagine he's asking for closer to $8.5, in which case, I don't think he will get whatever he wants, because I don't think the Flames will go there. $7 would be great for the Flames, $7.5 would be market rate, higher would be unfortunate.
    Not sure why the quotes around bottom five. They were a shit team and Gaudreau is one of the only reasons they even won games at times - at least when not on the road. Make up whatever excuses you want I guess if you need to justify why they were a lottery team.

7.5x7 is pretty fair, I agree, particularly on a garbage team that needs a player like him to stay out of the basement again. If Gaudreau thinks he deserves 8.5, then that's exactly what he'll get in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    I'd argue the exact opposite. Without Gaudreau, the Flames are terrible. With Gaudreau, they are merely bad.
    Without Kucherov, the Bolts are probably a playoff team lacking a bit on offensive, with Kucherov, they are Cup contenders.

Tbay has a lot more to lose here than Calgary at the moment.
    Kucherov can be replaced a heck of a lot easier than Gaudreau. Yes, losing Kucherov would be unfortunate, but losing Gaudreau would be a colossal disaster for the Flames.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Not sure why the quotes around bottom five. They were a shit team and Gaudreau is one of the only reasons they even won games at times - at least when not on the road. Make up whatever excuses you want I guess if you need to justify why they were a lottery team.

7.5x7 is pretty fair, I agree, particularly on a garbage team that needs a player like him to stay out of the basement again. If Gaudreau thinks he deserves 8.5, then that's exactly what he'll get in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Kucherov can be replaced a heck of a lot easier than Gaudreau. Yes, losing Kucherov would be unfortunate, but losing Gaudreau would be a colossal disaster for the Flames.
    maybe not...I mean losing Johnny Hockey could solidify their chances for Nolan Patrick next year!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

See like that statement is just plain false. So. It's clear you don't really have much of a clue about the Flames team. Which again, is fine, not an insult, but still accurate.

Flames will walk away from Gaudreau at 8.5. And would be smart to. Book it.

Banned

some of these numbers being thrown around for Gaudreau are ridiculous, wow. He has not played enough to warrant 7+ as of yet

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    some of these numbers being thrown around for Gaudreau are ridiculous, wow. He has not played enough to warrant 7+ as of yet
    A lot of kids are getting paid money they haven't earned yet, or unwarranted. Not sure why anyone thinks he will be any different.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    A lot of kids are getting paid money they haven't earned yet, or unwarranted. Not sure why anyone thinks he will be any different.
    Not that many nowadays after two seasons. Plus he's a completely one-dimensional player who is 5'4 or whatever he is. This is a unique case.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    Not that many nowadays after two seasons. Plus he's a completely one-dimensional player who is 5'4 or whatever he is. This is a unique case.
    This is a peak Ev taek lol.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    See like that statement is just plain false. So. It's clear you don't really have much of a clue about the Flames team. Which again, is fine, not an insult, but still accurate.

Flames will walk away from Gaudreau at 8.5. And would be smart to. Book it.
    Nope I am totally right. Not my fault you're a blind homer (oh wait you're a *wink wink* Penguins fan or something right?)

Nope I am totally right. Not my fault you're a blind homer (oh wait you're a *wink wink* Penguins fan or something right?)
    Lol

Plus, even if I was a Flames homer, wouldn't that just make me pump Johnny more, not less? Your logic doesn't make sense.

Granted, it never does, so, not surprising.

The Wolverine

I thought this thread was about Kucherov?

Banned

don't bother arguing with somebody who just deals in memes and redditisms.

Dobber Sports Initiate

If Kucherov bolts to the KHL do his stats still count for my fantasy team?
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Initiate

if not , should I trade him now?? and what could I get in return , thanks from a concerned Kuch owner!
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Deity

Kucherov is NOT going to the KHL.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."