Thread: Broncos release Mark Sanchez

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Broncos release Mark Sanchez

https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/st...61525016436736

After not finding a trade partner, the Broncos have released QB Mark Sanchez.
    https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...63257918377984

With Broncos releasing QB Mark Sanchez, they save $4.5 million and don't have to pay Eagles the conditional 7th-round pick.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Broncos release Mark Sanchez

Apparently, he's not going to be a FA for long.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...67052610064384

Former Broncos and Eagles QB Mark Sanchez is going to sign with the Dallas Cowboys, league source tells ESPN. http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=2...910027810078-4
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Next stop for the Mark Sanchez Traveling Butt Fumble Show is Dallas. Soon to be followed by out of the league and nothing more than a footnote.
    14 Team Head to Head(Fantrax)
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-1 SKATER-6 or 7 BENCH
    Salary Cap-$119,250.000

C-N Backstrom/R Johansen/A Kempe/S Monahan
    LW-J Guentzel-J Huberdeau-C-N Niederreiter
    RW-B Boeser-P Buchnevich-K Fiala-T Wilson
    Skater-Z Smith
    D-J Carlson-J Faulk-S Johns-M Matheson-R Ristolainen-M Stone
    BENCH-A Burakovsky-N Goldobin-O Kase-J Puljujarvi-R-J Vrana-M Mueller
    G-F Andersen-J Quick-B Elliot-J Saros

Prospects:
    J Ang-J F Karlsson-D Gambrell-F Gauthier-J Kyrou-T-A Bjork-I Chekhovich-E Cernak-D-J Larsson-J Schmaltz
    V Husso-J Oettinger

2018 DRAFT-SELECTING 9TH
    Noah Dobson-Jake Wise-Akil Thomas-Jonathan Tychonick-Blake McLaughlin

Dobber Sports Guru

Sigh. I had Romo in my keeper money pool league. But dropped him just before the deadline. I wound up drafting Prescott in the eighth round, and then Romo about three picks after that. Looked like a smart move at the time.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Sigh. I had Romo in my keeper money pool league. But dropped him just before the deadline. I wound up drafting Prescott in the eighth round, and then Romo about three picks after that. Looked like a smart move at the time.
    I'm not sure what you're lamenting?

Prescott will start until Romo returns.

Teams still need QB depth. Sanchez won't see any time unless both Prescott and Romo are hurt.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I'm not sure what you're lamenting?

Prescott will start until Romo returns.

Teams still need QB depth. Sanchez won't see any time unless both Prescott and Romo are hurt
    100% nailed it. Romo returns to staring QB unless Prescott is blowing the doors off and the Cowboys are a trotting along...then there is the potential switch full-time for the Cowboys. Sanchez has zero value and is not worth a roster spot unless your in super-deep leagues. He's a desperation waiver claim on a Prescott injury is all.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Wink Re: Broncos release Mark Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    100% nailed it. Romo returns to staring QB unless Prescott is blowing the doors off and the Cowboys are a trotting along...then there is the potential switch full-time for the Cowboys. Sanchez has zero value and is not worth a roster spot unless your in super-deep leagues. He's a desperation waiver claim on a Prescott injury is all.

Sanchez is part of an affirmative action by the NFL where shitty QB's are given the responsibility of holding a clipboard so they can feel like they actually belong in the NFL.

Sort of like a Make A Wish program if you will.
    14 Team Head to Head(Fantrax)
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-1 SKATER-6 or 7 BENCH
    Salary Cap-$119,250.000

C-N Backstrom/R Johansen/A Kempe/S Monahan
    LW-J Guentzel-J Huberdeau-C-N Niederreiter
    RW-B Boeser-P Buchnevich-K Fiala-T Wilson
    Skater-Z Smith
    D-J Carlson-J Faulk-S Johns-M Matheson-R Ristolainen-M Stone
    BENCH-A Burakovsky-N Goldobin-O Kase-J Puljujarvi-R-J Vrana-M Mueller
    G-F Andersen-J Quick-B Elliot-J Saros

Prospects:
    J Ang-J F Karlsson-D Gambrell-F Gauthier-J Kyrou-T-A Bjork-I Chekhovich-E Cernak-D-J Larsson-J Schmaltz
    V Husso-J Oettinger

2018 DRAFT-SELECTING 9TH
    Noah Dobson-Jake Wise-Akil Thomas-Jonathan Tychonick-Blake McLaughlin

Dobber Sports Guru

You guys are a lot more optimistic about my fantasy football QB situation than I am. I am imagining Prescott playing a horrible first couple of games and Sanchez going on in relief until Romo comes back. And of course, Romo has a setback and misses the whole year.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Grand Master

You guys are a lot more optimistic about my fantasy football QB situation than I am. I am imagining Prescott playing a horrible first couple of games and Sanchez going on in relief until Romo comes back. And of course, Romo has a setback and misses the whole year.
    I mean. First off you can just stream QBs each week. Secondly, Then just pick up Sanchez.

Actually quite the opposite will happen. Dak will start off hot outta the gate (relatively speaking) probably first four games. By then opposing DCs will have enough game tape to properly plan for him and you'll see his production drop off as a result.Regardless of who's QB-ing they are going to rely on the run game...dictate pace....eat clock etc.
    @SmittysRant