Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Giroux is ready to go!

Dobber Sports Master

Default Giroux is ready to go!

"I feel 100 percent," Giroux said Wednesday after a news conference to unveil the Flyers' 50th anniversary jerseys at One Liberty Observation Deck in Center City. "It's been a long road, but I was in good hands with the trainers in Philly, and I also got a lot of help [during rehabilitation] in Ottawa and right now I feel really good."

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...surgeries.html

The Flyers really need Giroux firing on all cylinders this year. Him and Voracek really need to drive offense if we are going to have any kind of success.

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Giroux is ready to go!

Thank God. I may have traded away too much when I acquired him for Scheifele and Nichushkin this summer, but a healthy Giroux is definitely what I wanted to hear.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    I may have traded away too much when I acquired him for Scheifele and Nichushkin this summer, but a healthy Giroux is definitely what I wanted to hear.
    Meh, I think Giroux is a pretty nice upgrade on Scheifele. Nichushkin may never develop into what people think his potential is. I'd rather have the Giroux side even in a dynasty league and I'm a huge Scheifele fan.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Titan

Agree, don't think you gave up too much, and just as a hockey fan it's nice to have one of the bigger stars back and healthy.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Now let's hope his play on the ice backs up the statement
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Titan

And maybe line up a few times at RW in the preseason to get back that eligibility.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

As a Flyers fan... this great news!

The Great One

What's he supposed to say - I'm at 88%? In all honesty, I'm a bit MORE wary when someone feels they have to go out and say something like that. I responded in another thread about how with another subpar year Giroux could be in danger of an Eric Staal trajectory, and now I decided to dig a bit more and the results should be concerning to Giroux owners in keepers:

Eric Staal's production at ages 25-28 = 269 points in 281 games
    Claude Giroux's production at ages 25-28 = 274 points in 289 games

Staal's production the next two seasons = 115 points in 152 games.

Of course this is far from a perfect comparison, especially given their styles of play and how poorly Carolina played of late. But it could be that Giroux's production falls even further rather than stabilizes.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    What's he supposed to say - I'm at 88%? In all honesty, I'm a bit MORE wary when someone feels they have to go out and say something like that. I responded in another thread about how with another subpar year Giroux could be in danger of an Eric Staal trajectory, and now I decided to dig a bit more and the results should be concerning to Giroux owners in keepers:

Of course this is far from a perfect comparison, especially given their styles of play and how poorly Carolina played of late. But it could be that Giroux's production falls even further rather than stabilizes.
    If he has a yr where he mimics Staal’s bad yrs maybe you can start looking at it, but then you have to look at Kopitar too. (250pts in 289games)

With numbers, you can draw the line anyway you seem fit.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    If he has a yr where he mimics Staal’s bad yrs maybe you can start looking at it, but then you have to look at Kopitar too. (250pts in 289games)

With numbers, you can draw the line anyway you seem fit.
    Fair counterpoint, although FWIW I see Kopitar as different in that he's been a steady straight line in terms of production, and thus less of a threat to wane.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Monster

68 point season incoming. Glad to hear he is 100%

Dobber Sports Titan

Fair counterpoint, although FWIW I see Kopitar as different in that he's been a steady straight line in terms of production, and thus less of a threat to wane.
    Maybe a connection with Mike Richards could happen? The off-ice lifestyle of Richards was obvious he just coasted and wasn’t crazy healthy/worked out. But Giroux does have a liberal (?) lifestyle, not to the same extent, but when does physical talent stop and training and working out take over? Maybe that’s now with Giroux?

Dobber Sports Master

Take off the tin foil hat mate. hahaha So any 25-28 year old who goes almost point per game is in danger of pulling an Eric Staal? Come on...

Dobber Sports Master

FWIW, I posted the article half in jest. I almost titled it RARE SUCCESSFUL SURGERY! hahaha

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Take off the tin foil hat mate. hahaha So any 25-28 year old who goes almost point per game is in danger of pulling an Eric Staal? Come on...
    Staal got his ring and his huge contract and then the Hurricanes became a lost cause. No motivation to keep giving it his all. He basically phoned it in.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust