Thread: Help! Laine + player for Galchenyuk and my 5th overall pick?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Help! Laine + player for Galchenyuk and my 5th overall pick?

I might have the opportunity to trade up from 5th overall to 2nd overall. The GM with the 1st overall pick has already said she will take Auston Matthews so I'm confident I could land Laine with the 2nd overall pick.

Basically it would be my Galchenyuk (or Voracek) and 5th overall pick for his Laine and a player yet to be suggested.

His players that I think he would consider are: Ryan O'Reilly, Rick Nash, Nazem Kadri, Loui Eriksson

His players that I would like are: Dylan Larkin, David Pastrnak and William Nylander

At this point he's getting more and more excited about Laine, so I want to tempt him without overpaying. I'm thinking something like Voracek and 5th overall pick for 2nd overall pick (Laine) and Kadri?

Also, last bit of context is that last year I traded him Jonathan Quick + 9th overall pick (he got Pastrnak) for Connor McDavid, which I think was a bit of a steal in terms of our league's value of players (especially beyond the next 2-3 years when Quick starts fading some more).
    ESPN keeper league (5 rounds draft; 3 FA pickups per year; points for G, A, W, SO)

Forwards: Ovechkin, McDavid, Huberdeau, Voracek, Boeser, Wennberg, Galchenyuk, Tkachuk, Keller, Arvidsson, Teravainen, Rantanen
    D-men: Letang, Keith, Krug, Ellis, Ekblad, Hanifin
    Goalies: Murray, Hellebuyck

Bench: Hertl, Bjorkstrand, Gallagher, Domi, Tolvanen, Niskanen, Chychrun, Darling, Mrazek, Jarry

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Help! Laine + player for Galchenyuk and my 5th overall pick?

Shit... don't ask for too much.

If you can get Laine for Galchenyuk+5th... you do that.
    That's (probably) a huge win.
    (*2-for-1 trades are all about pool depth... in 98% of pools, Laine > Chucky/5th overall.)

I'd be careful about getting greedy on anything else.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I agree. Laine for Galchenyuk and a 5th is great, so take whatever else they are willing to throw in and run.

The Great One

Agree with the concensus though I am intrigued what the extra piece might be...?
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the advice, gents.

How does Voracek (instead of Galchenyuk) + 5th overall for Laine compare? That's where I think I'd need another piece in return because Voracek is worth more than Galchenyuk? Or are they a wash?
    ESPN keeper league (5 rounds draft; 3 FA pickups per year; points for G, A, W, SO)

Forwards: Ovechkin, McDavid, Huberdeau, Voracek, Boeser, Wennberg, Galchenyuk, Tkachuk, Keller, Arvidsson, Teravainen, Rantanen

Bench: Hertl, Bjorkstrand, Gallagher, Domi, Tolvanen, Niskanen, Chychrun, Darling, Mrazek, Jarry

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I should add that he wants a 'regular' NHLer, as in someone who is already established in their team's top 6 forwards. He's got good depth on prospects and young forwards but wants to accelerate his process to be more competitive.

The Great One

Des for he realise Voaracek spent time on the Flyers fourth line last season
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Poutine View Post
    Thanks for the advice, gents.

How does Voracek (instead of Galchenyuk) + 5th overall for Laine compare? That's where I think I'd need another piece in return because Voracek is worth more than Galchenyuk? Or are they a wash?
    I would definitely be trying to toss Galchenyuk in there instead of Voracek. And as P7 said, it's a very good deal.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)