View Poll Results: Radulov, top-20?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - FHG sees through the smoke!

24 51.06%
  • Hell no - FHG has had one too many. No chance with that nutcase.

23 48.94%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Radulov - be counted

Dobber Sports Star

Default Radulov - be counted

I look at the data, and I see a great player. His NHLe numbers are spectacular, dipping to 80 (!) last year after being over 100 every season since he left the NHL. He plays a gritty, closed quartered, crash-the-net, NHL-style game, not a stereotypical perimeter "Russian" game.

He's fared well in international competitions and produced as well as or better than the top Russian players in the NHL.

His first two NHL seasons were 37 and 58 points... Nice step, and certainly points at an upside that's pretty elite, especially given the ice time and coach he had.

He's had a kid, and come to the NHL ostensibly to prove himself and win a cup. He met similar scepticism with NHL GMs, and despite looking for a long term deal he could only get 1 year. This dude is fiercely competitive... I smell massive motivation.

Pedigree? Check. Good progression, check. NHL style game, check. Great translated numbers? Check. Huge motivation? Check.

Yet, he's getting projected at 50ish by the bulk of people here who seem to be stuck on bad character, KHL numbers not holding up, flake yata yata yata. Is it just me or are folks getting totally blinded by hate and missing a massive opportunity?

I can't predict injuries, but the production skills are top. So step right up and vote. I'll write it down: top-20 forwards in points/GP (call it a 40 GP min).

Yes or no?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Radulov - be counted

I really wanted a third option, as I think he's a top 30 guy, but probably not a top 20 due to adjustment & nutcase.

I'd say the see something, but not everything. I have to figure out or ask if he is still on somebody's reserve list in my dynasty, actually.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

I'll be happy if he proves us all wrong.

My biggest reason for being down on his ability to crack the top 20 is just the team he plays for. Bad coach, not a great supporting cast (especially if Therrien doesn't play him L1, PP1). I definitely think that 50pts is his floor, but he'll hopefully have every opportunity to go beyond that.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Top 20? Tough to say. He's a 60-65 point player. Does that make him top 20? I'd wager no, but maybe.

Last year 65 points would rank him 23. So yea. 20-30 range seems right, top 20 is unlikely. That 23 doesn't include McDavid, Hall, etc.

The Great One

Problem is you can't compensate for attitude... Lots of promising signs that his has changed and if so I think we see the very best of him, arguably for the first time ever in the NHL, but right now I let someone else reach
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Expert

55pts his ceiling

Dobber Sports Deity

I don't know what you're smoking or drinking but I wish they sold it here in Nova Scotia.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

As I said in the other thread re Radulov vs Marner and your "he's the best player on the Habs...even more so than Pac Man who's 4th at best"..... Have another

Dobber Sports Stud

I can't see him getting more than 50-55 points. Definitely not top 20....
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think that the relation between him and Therrien will not go well.

I see him as a 50-55 points guy just because of that.

So I would answer no to that question....
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Last year 65 points would rank him 23. So yea. 20-30 range seems right, top 20 is unlikely. That 23 doesn't include McDavid, Hall, etc.
    Minor point but he said points/game (min 40GP) - that would include McDavid, but Hall still fell short, so did Stamkos. We'd be looking at him beating guys like Bergeron, Giroux, Scheifele.

To that effect, I don't see it happening.

Dobber Sports Star

I'm not surprised by the comments, but I am surprised to see the poll results so far diverge from them as much as they have. 40% don't think I'm crazy!

Axeman, I've got a fridge in my basement with three taps on it. I will concede that I was a few pints of IPA into the evening when I put the poll up...

Dobber Sports Genius

IF he can stay out of the coach's doghouse and get 19-21 mins of ice time and ~2mins+ of pwr play time/game it is possible he cracks the top 20 in scoring. I'd give him no more than a 30% chance of doing it though.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyhockeygeek View Post
    I'm not surprised by the comments, but I am surprised to see the poll results so far diverge from them as much as they have. 40% don't think I'm crazy!

Axeman, I've got a fridge in my basement with three taps on it. I will concede that I was a few pints of IPA into the evening when I put the poll up...
    LOL! I need to come and have a drink of one of those taps.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."