Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: 2016/17 Rocky Horror Roto Show

The Wolverine

Default Re: 2016/17 Rocky Horror Roto Show

One week to go!

Standings update - April 3, 2017:

The Wolverine

It's amazing how close it is at the top!

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    It's amazing how close it is at the top!
    This is by far the closest race I have ever witnessed. I'm still gunning for my first podium finish though and with a little luck, I may be able to catch a couple of these guys.

As close as the standings show it is, I think Shoeless has it in the bag barring some pretty awful luck for him going forward.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    This is by far the closest race I have ever witnessed. I'm still gunning for my first podium finish though and with a little luck, I may be able to catch a couple of these guys.

As close as the standings show it is, I think Shoeless has it in the bag barring some pretty awful luck for him going forward.
    As last night has shown, I'm never counting out temek.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

It's crazy... five teams between 100-110pts.
    Peng's: Vegas Odds to Win

5:3 Gost Story (temek), 109.5pts - Right now, its his to lose as he stands to gain 3-4pts on teams that have maxed out GPs at positions (incl. G, PIM, BLK, SV). The big wild card is to get his W,SV pts, he'll need to risk his UBER-slender SV% lead atop the other .916ers.
    4:1 Puck Snatchers (shoeless), 110pts - Been a season of fortune, Crosby gift at #3, super high SH%, +98, "Peter friggin Budaj & the Back-Ups". He absolutely needs 3 huge low-GA goalie wins in the next 5 nights to have a chance and I, personally, think he needs to take the key "P" battle, but he's trailing by 4pts.
    10:1 Skinned Hasselhoff (Quentin), 104.5pts - He's still a threat because he can flip two cats (4pt swing) in HIT & SV%... and possibly a 3rd in GAA if temek has just one goalie get rocked in the next few nights. Like shoeless, he needs 2-3 big W to vault in front of the two other 76w teams. And he'll have to hold PIM where he's got the Nightmarians charging again to remain "King of the Peripherals"
    25:1 The Kings in Yellow (LOTR), 103.5pts - It was a great season for him, but he got dinged by a low SV/gp from his goalies... who just shit the bed down the stretch on him. Nothing you can do there when your goalies just fall apart.
    100:1 SHARPNADO (4T2), 100pts - A sensational scoring season, but just too low in the peripherals (FOW:7, HIT:6, BLK:2) and the goalies didn't rake the half-points (50%+ in goalie cats = 26pts) that I think somebody needs to win this league with good skaters.

It's another impressive season from the King of Fantasy Hockey: temek.
    He's a modest gent and would never beat his chest publicly, but he's the best I've ever seen at fantasy hockey.
    Mercy, it was a competitive league, I'm starting to doubt we'll ever beat him (even collectively!!! - as a league CAN do in ROTO).
    Making a 1st round pick of Schneider, then underperforming picks in round 4 (MacKinnon), 6 (Mrazek), 7 (inj.Toffoli), and 8 (Ladd) should do most people in... but not him.
    Murray in round 9, Kadri in 11, and Zetterberg in 12 will end up being the picks that won it for him.
    And Nylander in 20 and Werenski in 23 were absolute high-risk, high-reward youth gem late picks. Beautiful strategy that he's mentioned previously and worked for him with Panarin last year.
    Another title, and a three-peat, unless Shoeless & co. can pull out final days magic. The lead has been purely a mirage.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Last year I was looking for one more league and joined a random Yahoo private league that had a good set up and convenient draft time. Taking a look through the other managers profiles, I realized that the defending champion was Temek. This year, I joined two other random leagues with good set ups and there he is again. For a horrifying moment, I thought I may end up in the same Dobber Pro league too. He's going to win all three. And strangely, he wasn't leading all three very long ago but then seems to just pull away right at the end.

Dobber Sports Master

Edited... will ask on the pool website instead. Can you guys please check the pool site?

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    It's crazy... five teams between 100-110pts.
    Peng's: Vegas Odds to Win

5:3 Gost Story (temek), 109.5pts - Right now, its his to lose as he stands to gain 3-4pts on teams that have maxed out GPs at positions (incl. G, PIM, BLK, SV). The big wild card is to get his W,SV pts, he'll need to risk his UBER-slender SV% lead atop the other .916ers.
    4:1 Puck Snatchers (shoeless), 110pts - Been a season of fortune, Crosby gift at #3, super high SH%, +98, "Peter friggin Budaj & the Back-Ups". He absolutely needs 3 huge low-GA goalie wins in the next 5 nights to have a chance and I, personally, think he needs to take the key "P" battle, but he's trailing by 4pts.
    10:1 Skinned Hasselhoff (Quentin), 104.5pts - He's still a threat because he can flip two cats (4pt swing) in HIT & SV%... and possibly a 3rd in GAA if temek has just one goalie get rocked in the next few nights. Like shoeless, he needs 2-3 big W to vault in front of the two other 76w teams. And he'll have to hold PIM where he's got the Nightmarians charging again to remain "King of the Peripherals"
    25:1 The Kings in Yellow (LOTR), 103.5pts - It was a great season for him, but he got dinged by a low SV/gp from his goalies... who just shit the bed down the stretch on him. Nothing you can do there when your goalies just fall apart.
    100:1 SHARPNADO (4T2), 100pts - A sensational scoring season, but just too low in the peripherals (FOW:7, HIT:6, BLK:2) and the goalies didn't rake the half-points (50%+ in goalie cats = 26pts) that I think somebody needs to win this league with good skaters.

It's another impressive season from the King of Fantasy Hockey: temek.
    He's a modest gent and would never beat his chest publicly, but he's the best I've ever seen at fantasy hockey.
    Mercy, it was a competitive league, I'm starting to doubt we'll ever beat him (even collectively!!! - as a league CAN do in ROTO).
    Making a 1st round pick of Schneider, then underperforming picks in round 4 (MacKinnon), 6 (Mrazek), 7 (inj.Toffoli), and 8 (Ladd) should do most people in... but not him.
    Murray in round 9, Kadri in 11, and Zetterberg in 12 will end up being the picks that won it for him.
    And Nylander in 20 and Werenski in 23 were absolute high-risk, high-reward youth gem late picks. Beautiful strategy that he's mentioned previously and worked for him with Panarin last year.
    Another title, and a three-peat, unless Shoeless & co. can pull out final days magic. The lead has been purely a mirage.
    I hadn't looked that closely, thanks. It will be interesting if Shoeless can hold on. Still so tight, and it could take one night of a few high performers to be the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by duntroon68 View Post
    Last year I was looking for one more league and joined a random Yahoo private league that had a good set up and convenient draft time. Taking a look through the other managers profiles, I realized that the defending champion was Temek. This year, I joined two other random leagues with good set ups and there he is again. For a horrifying moment, I thought I may end up in the same Dobber Pro league too. He's going to win all three. And strangely, he wasn't leading all three very long ago but then seems to just pull away right at the end.
    Yep, I've had the pleasure of facing him in the Dobber Pro Campbell this year. Great competitor, and happy to be in multiple leagues with him. You'll get him in the Expert next year...as will I.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Edited... will ask on the pool website instead. Can you guys please check the pool site?
    Thanks for posting on the league board. I like to keep this thread free of league-specific issues/questions.

The Wolverine

If it wasn't already clear that we're looking at an exciting finish, this shows it will be earned. Thanks!

The Wolverine

Top three down to the wire:

1. Puck Snatchers 111.5
    2. Gost Story 111
    3. Skinned Hasselhoff 109

The Wolverine

Final day - can Shoeless hold on? Categories are still tight so the chasers may not be out of it yet:

Puck Snatchers 112.5
    Skinned Hasselhoff 109.5
    Gost Story 106.5

The Wolverine

Final standings - congrats to Shoeless on the title! Thanks to all for playing!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Congrats Shoeless!! Well earned.

I have a lot of studying and work to do this off-season.

Dobber Sports Titan

Turned down an offer to join last offseason due to the volume of my other leagues, and I regretted it. Enjoyed following along though.
    Congrats to Shoeless, and generally to the league for unseating temek
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Master

I've kept an eye on you guys too. Congrats, Shoeless! It sounded like it right down to the wire. Great league, great commish, and great GMs. Hope you all had fun.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy