Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tomas Jurco - back surgery

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Tomas Jurco - back surgery

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Disagree. Testing the arena food is an important job. Totally unfair to say it won't matter a lick.
    Maybe it just won't matter one bit(e)
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Jurco has never really been much of an offensive force no matter where he played, at any level, so I dont know why folks seem to think he is a top-six player in the NHL.
    He was a PPG player his second season in the AHL. That's tough to do.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I can never tell if you are being sarcastic or serious.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

I can never tell if you are being sarcastic or serious.
    How many 20 year old put up PPG seasons at age 20 in the AHL? Real question, I don't think it's that common.

Dobber Sports Deity

How many 20 year old put up PPG seasons at age 20 in the AHL? Real question, I don't think it's that common.
    PPG is a bit of a misnomer considering he only played in 32 games for the season. Not bad for the 32 games, but it's hard to consider him an offensive threat when you look at his career as a whole to this point, again, at all levels. That was the only time he's come close to that type of production.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

That's a little misleading though as it was only over 32 games. Would he have maintained a PPG pace over an 80 game season? Impossible to say.

There's a term used in baseball for some guys, it's said they are Quad A players. Basically better than AAA level but not really good enough to have a sustained run in the majors.

Tomas Jurco may be the hockey equivalent of a Quad A player. he can potentially over excel and be really dominant at the AHL level but will be little better than replacement level as an NHL'er.

Too bad because a couple years ago I remember being really high on him and though I was getting some requests to trade him from one of my dynasty teams I wasn't budging.

Will be curious to see if he gets qualified after this season or is used as a trade chip as part of a bigger deal or he's gone from the NHL/AHL altogether.

- - - Updated - - -

PPG is a bit of a misnomer considering he only played in 32 games for the season. Not bad for the 32 games, but it's hard to consider him an offensive threat when you look at his career as a whole to this point, again, at all levels. That was the only time he's come close to that type of production.
    LOL, I type slower than you but then again i am typing with one eye tied behind my back.

I mean.

It wasn't 10 games.

I see what you're saying, but again, you could make the same argument with lots of players. Not intended to be a shot at you, or the Oilers, but isn't that basically describing Adam Larsson's career?