Thread: Keepers...2 battle between pro and farm

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Keepers...2 battle between pro and farm

Not a proper forum for this but a bit of a pickle here and can't decide. I've got 5 farm spots. I'm keeping Hellebuyck, Gostisbehere, Connor and Fabbri. The other spot I need to decide between Mantha, Theodore and DeAngelo. I could keep more prospects if I drop a pro but I don't see any of the 3 having more value than anyone else on my roster, besides maybe Markstrom? But goalies are a premium and we live in Vancouver (I don't care if I have sucks on my team or not though).

I like Mantha and think he is in for a great year. He played very well and was snakebitten at times but detroit is deep in forwards. Theodore played very well but with Carlyle and the other d (Fowler/Vatanen/Lindholm/Montour) all in the mix playing time may be an issue unless someone gets shipped. DeAngelo i'm high on but if character issues play a big role then what...or will he be Chayka's golden boy...tough to see with the depth Arizona has on D now (Murphy/Stone as right handed shots).

Thoughts?
    14th year-12 team-Keep 10 + 5 farm
    C-Larkin, Trochek, Pavelski, Hayes, R Strome
    LW-Huberdeau, Meier, Kreider
    RW-Gaudreau, Rantanen, Radulov, Kyrou
    D-Letang, Hamilton, Carlson, Burns, Giordano
    G-Andersen, Lehner, Jones

IR-Tarasenko

Farm - Vilardi, Newhook, McMichael, Gusev, Holtz

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Keepers...2 battle between pro and farm

I would be keeping Theodore. Mantha is a pretty close second, but Theodore is more likely to make the team full-time sooner. I also think Anaheim has a few years of relevance left, whereas Detroit is trending in the wrong direction, and I could honestly see them missing the playoffs for a little while now.

If you're able to make trades right now, I'd be looking to offload Mantha or Markstrom (I'd prefer to ditch Markstrom) for either an upgrade to your D or picks. I always aim to get something rather than dropping a player outright, especially when you don't have room to re-draft them.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

The Great One

Another vote for Theodore... Mantha's transition to the pros hasn't been flawless whereas Theodore is ready and proven he can compete at the NHL level
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I also think Theodore is the farm keep.

I would not drop Markstrom for the other 2, with goalies being at a premium, and the Vancouver factor.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Titan

Theodore for me as well. Probably the best floor, and maybe even the best ceiling of the group.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Really surprised to hear it like that. But I guess that's the swing and it's unanimous. Thanks everyone
    14th year-12 team-Keep 10 + 5 farm
    C-Larkin, Trochek, Pavelski, Hayes, R Strome
    LW-Huberdeau, Meier, Kreider
    RW-Gaudreau, Rantanen, Radulov, Kyrou
    D-Letang, Hamilton, Carlson, Burns, Giordano
    G-Andersen, Lehner, Jones

IR-Tarasenko

Farm - Vilardi, Newhook, McMichael, Gusev, Holtz