Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Acquiring Chuckie

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Acquiring Chuckie

Quote Originally Posted by xdmurda View Post
    I agree with you, i dont know what it is about this league that i am but these managers value their players extremely high and consider my players to be chump change to them. I am about to give up on this guy as well cause he keeps adding more to the trade than I would like. An example offer? My GAUDREAU SUBBAN VORACEK AND MALKIN for GALY SCHWARTZ TOEWS oh but he will throw in Lindberg and Baertschi just for kicks. OH and as an added bonus he is willing to deal the TOP CENTER for carolina in JORDAN STAAL who he thinks will have a blowout season despite the numbers showing his descent over the last few seasons.
    Yeah, I would drop the phone as fast as possible. No point trying to deal with that kind of response.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Yeah, I would drop the phone as fast as possible. No point trying to deal with that kind of response.

You should see this conversation...
    2017-2018 League Champion
    Salary Dynasty League 20 teams
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PPP-SHP-(+/-)-PIM-SOG-GWG-HITS-BLKS / W-L-OL-GA-SV-SO
    PLAYOFFS COINCIDE WITH NHL PLAYOFFS

F- Gourde, E. Lindholm, R. Smith, Gaudreau, Ovechkin, Draisaitl, Crosby, Labanc, Kerfoot, Haula, E. Kane, Aston-Reese, Vatrano
    D- Karlsson, Letang, Niskanen, Schultz, Dumoulin, Polak
    G- Binnington, Dubnyk, Bobrovsky

Minors:
    F: Erne, Saarela, Hannikainen, Hagel, F. Perron, Pollock, Ully, Amadio, Kotkov, Wallmark, Phillips, Pitlick, Haapala
    D: Djoos, Johansen, Cholowski, Zboril, Bowey, Niku, Pedan, Weegar
    G: Huska, Copley

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm not sure I want to. It would be like a train wreck. To awful to turn away from.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

I'm not sure I want to. It would be like a train wreck. To awful to turn away from.

He thinks we are on the verge of a deal, and said that "wait you're bailing after negotiating for an hour?!". He is now telling me that Toews is way better than Voracek, and that is why he thinks its a fair deal.

F- Gourde, E. Lindholm, R. Smith, Gaudreau, Ovechkin, Draisaitl, Crosby, Labanc, Kerfoot, Haula, E. Kane, Aston-Reese, Vatrano

Minors:
    F: Erne, Saarela, Hannikainen, Hagel, F. Perron, Pollock, Ully, Amadio, Kotkov, Wallmark, Phillips, Pitlick, Haapala

He thinks we are on the verge of a deal, and said that "wait you're bailing after negotiating for an hour?!". He is now telling me that Toews is way better than Voracek, and that is why he thinks its a fair deal.

And now he wants to go with our "initial deal" which I never agreed to which had me giving up Gaudreau Subban and Malkin for Galy Schwartz and Toews.

No thanks.

Minors:

Dobber Sports Ace

Others are prolly right. There's really no point..

But Eskimo is right that we don't know enough about cats here etc.

I agree with the post about trying maybe kessel for galch + to even salaries or maybe a Malkin in that same scenario. Malkin should get you two good adds.
    But without cAts I can't really guess. And I'm not a Malkin fan. Too much headache.

But also you need to remember galch is coming off of his bridge and will likely command 6m+ IMO goin forward. Just something to consider in a keeper

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Voracek:
    2012-13 - 46 in 48 (lockout)
    2013-14 - 62 in 82
    2014-15 - 81 in 82
    2015-16 - 55 in 73

due for a point per game season, do not sell low

Every league has these GM's that value their own players over everybody else's, no point in trying with them as a fair deal will never be reached. They are crippled by the fear of losing a trade that they try to win it outright or they won't take the chance

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Voracek for Galy and Schwartz is probably the most even thing I've seen so far. Galchenyuk at his peak you hope becomes what Voracek already is and Schwartz is a tier below. Neither are studs but Subban, Gaudreau, Malkin all are

Quote Originally Posted by roenick27 View Post
    Others are prolly right. There's really no point..

But Eskimo is right that we don't know enough about cats here etc.

I agree with the post about trying maybe kessel for galch + to even salaries or maybe a Malkin in that same scenario. Malkin should get you two good adds.
    But without cAts I can't really guess. And I'm not a Malkin fan. Too much headache.

But also you need to remember galch is coming off of his bridge and will likely command 6m+ IMO goin forward. Just something to consider in a keeper
    My apologies guys, I thought I had the cats set up. Its as follows:

Skaters:
    Goals 25pts for a forward and 50pts for a defenseman, Assists 25, +/- 2pts, Blk 2, GWG 20, Hit 2, Hatty 50, Overtime Goal 15, PIM 2, PPP 15, SHGWG 10, SHP 20, TOI-SH .20

Goalies:
    W 50, L -10, OTL 10, Goal 200, A 50, GA -12, PIM 2, Shootout Loss 10, SHO 100, SV 2

It's really random how they do the scoring but you can tell that goalies and defense are highly valuable. Kessel has the name and could dump cap to entice, but whatever my next trade offer to him is, that's it. Just because I know he will counter with something absurd.

Minors:

Quote Originally Posted by Chunky Chunks View Post
    Voracek for Galy and Schwartz is probably the most even thing I've seen so far. Galchenyuk at his peak you hope becomes what Voracek already is and Schwartz is a tier below. Neither are studs but Subban, Gaudreau, Malkin all are

Believe me, I know. This managers intellect is rivaled only by garden tools, it's like he has no hockey knowledge at all and thinks he has the best players ever. And he's in last place in our league so he really has a crap team.

Minors:

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Believe me, I know. This managers intellect is rivaled only by garden tools, it's like he has no hockey knowledge at all and thinks he has the best players ever. And he's in last place in our league so he really has a crap team.
    I have that same type of guy in my league... throw him offers every now and then just for fun but I don't really take him seriously anymore or stress over his (laughable) counter offers. He also finishes in the bottom every year. You'd think they would realize eventually their team sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Chunky Chunks View Post
    I have that same type of guy in my league... throw him offers every now and then just for fun but I don't really take him seriously anymore or stress over his (laughable) counter offers. He also finishes in the bottom every year. You'd think they would realize eventually their team sucks
    I told him I would think about a decent offer to send him, he responds with: "okay, i'd really like to get subban in a deal revolving around gally. i'm willing to talk though. the only guys that intrigue me on your team are subban, gaudreau, malkin, voracek, dubnyk in that order."

he thinks Pavelec for Dubnyk is fair...i dont think he knows a thing about Hells Belles likely taking over since he's clearly the better goalie, or maybe he does and thinks I am a fool.

Minors:

Dobber Sports Titan

I wouldn't trade any of the guys he listed straight for Gally. Just tell him to re-evaluate his players (life?), and then you can talk.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but who is Chuckie?
    It was definitely not just you. I was wondering how John Gruden was going to help him!
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Not sure why he would even want to deal Galchenyuk if he wants help now. Gally is the type of guy that will help him now. I agree that Gally and Schwartz is far too much for Voracek. Straight up you could go either way, but I think I'd take Galchenyuk.

As you said, his counters are ridiculous. I was thinking the same as newfcollins in trying to work something around Kessel, and trying to get him to add something, although that sounds unlikely.

You would need a large plus to move Subban, although I admittedly do not understand how much the salaries affect value in this league.