Dynasty League

G,A,PTS,PIM,SOG,HIT,BLK,TK,TOI,FOW

Calvin De Haan
    Micheal Del Zotto
    Dmitry Kulikov
    Jared Spurgeon
    Connor Murphy
    Ben Hutton(farm eligible)

Please rank them for this year and 3 years from now. I will most likely drop 1 or 2 of these players to call up Hanifin and Strome off my farm team and even out my bench positions.

Thanks.

The Great One

Default Re: Help rank these 6 D-men, Dynasty League

De Haan
    Hutton/Murphy*
    Kulikov
    Spurgeon
    MDZ

In multi car De Haan should top the peripherals and TBH that's what I'd be looking at here.. The 5-10 points difference shouldn't move the needle and if you are relying on these guys for offence you will be in trouble

Mdz bottom primarily due to age and I'm intrigued as to what Kulikov has as a Sabre

*hardest part for me as Hutton's farm eligibility probably means he's easier to keep but Murphy has promised so much for so long and I wonder whether he actually has that second gear - still worth a chance as he is so young but this next season could be really ,are or break in deciding what he has the potential to put up
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Hutton - you can keep him on the farm, so I'd think he's better than someguys down there.
    De Haan
    Murphy
    Kuikov/Spurgeon
    Del Zotto
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Hutton - you can keep him on the farm, so I'd think he's better than someguys down there.
    De Haan
    Murphy
    Kuikov/Spurgeon
    Del Zotto
    +1 for stevegamer's list
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

All I'll say is although Connor Murphy is still just 23 he's not passed my sniff test as yet. Can he still improve? Sure. But I'm not nearly as hyped about him as others seem to be. Maybe he tops out at 30 points in his career, if that.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    De Haan
    Hutton/Murphy*
    Kulikov
    Spurgeon
    MDZ

In multi car De Haan should top the peripherals and TBH that's what I'd be looking at here.. The 5-10 points difference shouldn't move the needle and if you are relying on these guys for offence you will be in trouble

Mdz bottom primarily due to age and I'm intrigued as to what Kulikov has as a Sabre

*hardest part for me as Hutton's farm eligibility probably means he's easier to keep but Murphy has promised so much for so long and I wonder whether he actually has that second gear - still worth a chance as he is so young but this next season could be really ,are or break in deciding what he has the potential to put up
    Thanks for the reply Sulla, These guys are my Bench D. Ahead of them I have Byfuglien, Carlson, Phaneuf, Hanifin, Ceci, Beauchemin. Hutton will stay on the farm and I can swap him with Hanifin on off days with 10 bench spots I'm just trying to figure out who to keep. Pending any trades I will be starting the season with only 2 goalies, Bishop and Riemer and Luongo on IR. So I will have 10 bench spots for C/LW/RW/D and possibly a Free Agent pickup goalie.

I'm kinda surprised how low everyone is on MDZ. He just turned 26, the last 2 season it's put up 100+ HIT/BLK/SOG(98 last year), 21+TOI/G. His other stats like TKS/PIMS are pretty bad and he is a Band Aid never have played a full season in his 7 year career. His hero chart from the last couple season from a PTS perspective isn't terribly bad either(http://public.tableau.com/shared/2GT...play_count=yes). When healthy he should be a top 4 D in Philly and he is in a contract year. I picked up Kulikov as a free agent as I to am intrigued with his arrival in Buffalo and where he fits in.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamINC View Post
    I'm kinda surprised how low everyone is on MDZ. He just turned 26, the last 2 season it's put up 100+ HIT/BLK/SOG(98 last year), 21+TOI/G. His other stats like TKS/PIMS are pretty bad and he is a Band Aid never have played a full season in his 7 year career. His hero chart from the last couple season from a PTS perspective isn't terribly bad either(http://public.tableau.com/shared/2GT...play_count=yes). When healthy he should be a top 4 D in Philly and he is in a contract year.
    Del Zotto gets tough defensive minutes on the Flyers right now on the top pairing, when healthy. However, he is at best #3 on the power play, and there are a lot of defensive prospects coming for the Flyers, and they are coming soon. Provorov is coming this year. He seems like the kind of Las Vegas would do well to grab, but I would avoid a guy who gets hurt and is shaky as a keeper.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Del Zotto gets tough defensive minutes on the Flyers right now on the top pairing, when healthy. However, he is at best #3 on the power play, and there are a lot of defensive prospects coming for the Flyers, and they are coming soon. Provorov is coming this year. He seems like the kind of Las Vegas would do well to grab, but I would avoid a guy who gets hurt and is shaky as a keeper.
    All solid points, but this may be the biggest. Tough to produce when you're not playing much.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Del Zotto is almost certainly an ex-Flyer after this year, not as certain as Streit is, but it's pretty likely he will either price himself out of what they can afford, or not play well enough.

The Great One

I don't think either matter with Provorov and Sanheim in the wings...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Genius

Hutton
    Del Zotto
    Murphy
    Spurgeon
    Kulikov
    De Haan

As far as MDZ goes, I think Philly re-signs him for a few seasons. He has rediscovered his talents in Philadelphia and along with Gudas have been a solid enough top pairing. While its very true that the Flyers have talent in the pipeline who project to be so much better than MDZ he and Gudas will be asked to play hard time in the next few years while Provorov, Sanheim, Morin, and even Ghost get more comfortable with the NHL level at even strength and PK.

When those young guys take over MDZ will be facing softer competition and may be able to wheel a bit more.

Regardless, these guys are all depth options right? Unless a guy is a clear freak in the Hit/Blk/Pim department I'll still go with the scoring potential 1st/Hutton, and who I see as the best scoring+ peripheral threat 2nd/MDZ
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar