Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: McDavid for Johnny Gaudreau and Jack Eichel

Dobber Sports Stud

Default McDavid for Johnny Gaudreau and Jack Eichel

Well, I had figured I'd keep this one low-key and not consult the whole forum, but I'm having a difficult time processing this potential monster of a deal.

His Johnny Hockey, Jack Eichel and one of Kyle Connor or David Pastrnak for my McDavid.

We're a Points, +/-, PPP and shorthanded goal category league that keeps 17 of 23 roster spots and start eight forwards per week. If I make the deal, it transforms my starting lineup from:

McDavid
    Kane
    Benn
    Ovechkin
    Kopitar
    Kessel
    Thornton
    Hornqvist
    With R. Strome as my first bench player pre-draft. Guys to potentially target in the draft to fill reserve slots would be Tyler Ennis, Justin Williams, Alex Wennberg...

Post Trade:

Kane
    Benn
    Ovechkin
    Gaudreau
    Kopitar
    Eichel
    Kessel
    Thornton
    Horny
    Connor/Pasta
    Draft dudes.

Definitely makes my forward depth better and adds to filling future keeper slots as Thornton pushes closer to 40.
    I'd be dropping Strome in all likelihood if I make the deal, or more preferably, dishing him for pick(s) before the keeper lock date in two weeks.

I love the idea of getting two young likely top 10 scorers, with both having the potential to break into the top five, especially Eichel.

I realize that if McDavid ends up being a 120 point getter, that I'll be hoping to break even, but if all three big fish hit their potential then aggregate points-in vs out will be a win for me.. and they're all pretty sure bets minus the third piece (Pasta/Connor) coming back to me.

It seems to me like a fair deal which may mean its not enough to trade a 19-year-old McDavid who of all players demands an overpay.

What are your thoughts?

Rep. Rep.

Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: McDavid for Johnny Gaudreau and Jack Eichel

I would say the deal is fair for sure... but with McDavid... majority of the trades I have seen have been overpayments. I would sit tight and wait for someone to offer you something that you do not have to think about.

His hype is only going to increase when he starts out the season on fire and is at 85+ point pace at after 1 months period.

I would suggest that you would be selling low on McDavid if you were to trade him right now for anything that is not an overpayment!

The Great One

I actually really the deal for you TBH... Agreed that I have seen better returns on McDavid but this fits TBH
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I would say the deal is fair for sure... but with McDavid... majority of the trades I have seen have been overpayments. I would sit tight and wait for someone to offer you something that you do not have to think about.

His hype is only going to increase when he starts out the season on fire and is at 85+ point pace at after 1 months period.

I would suggest that you would be selling low on McDavid if you were to trade him right now for anything that is not an overpayment!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    I actually really the deal for you TBH... Agreed that I have seen better returns on McDavid but this fits TBH

This is pretty much my running subconscious the last few days as I toy with the idea of this trade. Part of me likes the deal and think it's a good fit for my squad. Another part of me thinks I'd be selling myself short on the best asset out there, before he even sniffs his peak.

I'm a wheeler and dealer by nature so this isn't foreign ground for me, but McDavid is that rare breed that almost demands some commitment.
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

The Great One

Asset management - you know what you possibly could get a better deal for McDavid bbbbuuuttttttt if you were to flip Gadreau and Eichel in separate deals I think you'd actual get more again (asset stripping at its finest)

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Asset management - you know what you possibly could get a better deal for McDavid bbbbuuuttttttt if you were to flip Gadreau and Eichel in separate deals I think you'd actual get more again (asset stripping at its finest)
    That's an interesting way to look at it. And knowing my love of always trying to improve via the trade, that's something I could look at doing down the road.

I love the idea of grabbing Gaudreau and Eichel as they'll be hitting their prime years of 21-24 right away and youth is valued soooo heavily in my league that you're right, their value on the market would be sky-high. `

Not bad Sulla. Not bad

Keep on, keepin' on.

The Great One

It's not about winning the battle it's about winning the war

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Although that is a fair offer I would sit tight. If you announced to your league that McDavid was available and listened to all offers I would bet anything you'd end up with a better offer. This is a fair offer, not an overpayment, which is the norm now for McDavid.

I get that you like to wheel and deal and the thrill of the trade can be exciting but your team is ridiculous to begin with. You are going to be difficult to beat with the forwards you currently have so I'd start the season with your team intact and see how things go. If you feel like you need to make a move to be competitive then I think that would be a better time.
    H2H, 12 Teams, Full Keeper
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT
    Goalies: GS, W, L, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO

C - McDavid, Kadri, Zibanejad, Stastny
    LW - Pacioretty, Hoffman, Brown
    RW - Pastrnak, Radulov, Neal
    D - Letang, Ellis, Edler, Muzzin, Orlov, Weber
    G - Vasilevskiy, Dubnyk, Talbot

FARM:
    C - McLeod
    LW - Bellows, DeBrusk
    RW - Aberg
    D - Makar, Nurse
    G - Sorokin, Soderstrom

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

That offer isn't enough for McDavid. I wouldn't do it. Frankly, I wouldn't trade McDavid, period.
    WINNER! WINNER! CHICKEN DINNER! (2006, 2011, 2015)
    Yahoo! Limited Keeper (Keep 1C, 1LW, 1RW, 1D, 1G annually; no player is permitted to be protected as a keeper for a period longer than three consecutive years) 10-team H2H League/Daily Starts (# in brackets)
    Centre (2): Scheifele, Seguin, Toews
    Right Wing (2): Laine (LW/RW) Lindholm (C/RW), Gallagher
    Left Wing (2): Tkachuk, Mantha (LW/RW), Lee, Gusev
    Defense (4): Ristolainen, Doughty, Gustafsson, Gostisbehere, Byfuglien
    Utility (1): Haula (C/LW)
    Goalie (2): Andersen, Dubnyk, Raanta
    IR:
    Skater Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PPP, PIMS, SOG, FOW, Hits, BKS
    Goalie Stats: W, SV%, GAA, SO

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by fantasy junkie View Post
    Although that is a fair offer I would sit tight. If you announced to your league that McDavid was available and listened to all offers I would bet anything you'd end up with a better offer. This is a fair offer, not an overpayment, which is the norm now for McDavid.

I get that you like to wheel and deal and the thrill of the trade can be exciting but your team is ridiculous to begin with. You are going to be difficult to beat with the forwards you currently have so I'd start the season with your team intact and see how things go. If you feel like you need to make a move to be competitive then I think that would be a better time.
    Very fair points and much appreciated.

I've contacted the few teams that have the multiple assets needed to make a move like this, the current one is the best I've received. I realize that just because it's the best I've gotten doesn't mean I should take it though.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by markpiel View Post
    That offer isn't enough for McDavid. I wouldn't do it. Frankly, I wouldn't trade McDavid, period.
    If there ever were a player not to trade, I'll admit it would be him. That said, I'm firmly entrenched on the side that I'll trade anyone if the price is right and it improves my team.

No allegiances here.

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Tough when you're fighting the fan factor too. Having 'the' McDavid on your team makes it all the more interesting watching his career take off.

But with 17 keepers, you do need some depth, so I would consider it.
    F - Kane, Backstrom, Kucherov, Barkov, Voracek, Hall, Galchenyuk, RNH, Yakupov, Hudler, E.Staal, Lehtera
    D - Subban, Letang, Yandle, Vatanen, Niskanen, Sekera, Bouwmeester, Savard
    G - Elliott, Halak, Greiss, Miller, Mason
    Rookies - DeAngelo, Koekkoek

9 Teams - Keeper League
    Keep 10 + 3 Rookies
    Weekly lineup: 6F, 4D, 2G

F - Points
    D - Points, +/-
    G - Wins/OTL/SO

BOLD - Keepers

Dobber Sports Ace

I don't think it's a bad offer at all. I am a huge fan of depth myself tho. I just look at it as Johnny and jack going to be 75pt players for next 10 yrs minimum. What's the ceiling on mcdavid? 100-110. Plus you also get a younger prospect to go along with it. I would def counter and try to squeeze more out of him. If he feels he's close to getting mcdavid he may just give you a blank cheque to get it done.
    14 team h/h dynasty
    Stats, G A PTS PIM +/- PPP SHP GWG shts TOI hts/blks W sv% gaa SO
    $89 mill salary cap, cap hits
    minors- players under 60 gms, goalies under 30 gms
    3c 3lw 3rw 4d 2util 1goal
    max 23 plyr rstr, 15 minors

CENTERS Kuznetsov, Necas, Petterson, Hughes, D.Strome, Seguin, Hayes, Scheifele
    LEFTWING Gaudreau, Mantha, Forsberg, Keller
    RIGHTWING Kakko , Debrincat, Thomas, Konecny
    D-MEN Girard, Provorov, McCavoy, Dobson, Makar
    GOALIES Gibson, Shesterkin, Sorokin
    IR
    MINORS Brannstrom, Kostin, Dennisenko, Kaprizov, Tippett, Cozens, Tolvanen, Zegras, Byfield , Vessalainen, K.Miller, Kyrou, Janik, Bokk, Lundell, Heinola, Hoglander, Lundkvist

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by lord.numskull View Post
    Tough when you're fighting the fan factor too. Having 'the' McDavid on your team makes it all the more interesting watching his career take off.

But with 17 keepers, you do need some depth, so I would consider it.
    I do like the look of my forwards if I made the swap. I think the thing that's held me back and has been echoed here today though, is in order to pry a 19-year-old McDavid away, it must be an overpay. (However, I did take him away from his original owner for Karlsson, Ehlers and Hellebuyck and I got back R. Strome and a pick.. which I think was pretty fair and thus was a good deal for me.)

I'm definitely considering this trade, and ff he puts Drouin, Laine or Murray in as the third piece, I think I would bite and I've told him as much just now. We shall see.

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by markpiel View Post
    I agree. We haven't even seen a full season of McDavid yet. I wouldn't trade him. In a keeper league, he's basically untradable.
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3