Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Unique Keeper Question

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Unique Keeper Question

So starting up in an interesting start-up dynasty league. Draft is in a few weeks. 16 teams, PPR with IDP. Each team selected an NFL team and the gimmick is that you need a minimum of 7 players from your own team and they are basically "keepers" before the draft starts. For players we keep, we lose the draft round based on their ADP rank (ex. team that is PIT loses a 1st and 2nd if he keeps Brown and Bell...there are further complications I won't get into).

So I chose JAX. Part of that was for Allen Robinson but his ADP has risen over the summer and what was a 2nd rounder is now a 1st rounder. To complicate things, I then win 1st overall pick in the draft (worst spot with a 1st round keeper). HOU, LA & CIN are unowned so that means that Gurley, Hopkins and Green are available in the draft. Question becomes, do you draft one of these 3 1st overall and toss Robinson back to the draft pool? If so which one. I love Robinson, but seems these are better options in a PPR dynasty. Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Unique Keeper Question

I would definitely drop Robinson for Gurley.

Depending on how many people keep a 1st/2nd rounder... he might make it back to you for your 2nd round pick. Especially when Hopkins and Green are available.

Who would you be able to keep instead of Robinson?

Dobber Sports Expert

Anybody that is a Jaguar I have initial rights to (Offense and Defense). The site we're using for ADPs takes into account, dynasty drafts, re-drafts, PPR and prospect only drafts so it throws odd values around. For example, if I keep Hurns, he's a 5th rounder (in a 16 team, that's a little steep). Yeldon and Ivory I could keep in the 8th and 11th rounds though which is good value.

Forgot to mention its a 1.0 PPR, so I think Gurley's value takes a bit of a hit? If I chose not to keep Robinson, nobody takes his place. I just need a minimum of 7 Jaguars, which could be filled with defensive players.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

PPR and IDP Dynasty. Well, from my view, WR is king. I'd drop ARob for Nuk or AJG, whichever one you like more. WR have much longer and safer careers than RBs. Then I would keep Bortles, Hurns, Thomas, Ivory, Dante Fowler, Jalen Ramsey, and Myles Jack. 2 or 3 of your defensive players might be basically free, they might not have an ADP. Biggest reason I would drop ARob for the other two is I think the talent between all three is similar, but you're asking for a lot of touchdowns to come from Jacksonville each week to win.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Anybody that is a Jaguar I have initial rights to (Offense and Defense). The site we're using for ADPs takes into account, dynasty drafts, re-drafts, PPR and prospect only drafts so it throws odd values around. For example, if I keep Hurns, he's a 5th rounder (in a 16 team, that's a little steep). Yeldon and Ivory I could keep in the 8th and 11th rounds though which is good value.

Forgot to mention its a 1.0 PPR, so I think Gurley's value takes a bit of a hit? If I chose not to keep Robinson, nobody takes his place. I just need a minimum of 7 Jaguars, which could be filled with defensive players.
    What I meant with my question about who to keep instead.... would there be someone else you are interested in keeping. If there are only 7 players worth keeping on the Jaguars.. I would suggest you have to keep all 7 including Robinson. But if there are 9 that you are happy keeping for the ADP that they are... then I toss Robisnon back in.

I have a hunch... and from nothing other than a hunch... that with a training camp and pre-season (Gurley missed last year coming back from injury) that he will be used more in the passing game. but yeah, the 1.00 PPR will hurt his value some.

So I would draft Hopkins in 1st overall instead... mostly because of his age being less than Green.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    What I meant with my question about who to keep instead.... would there be someone else you are interested in keeping. If there are only 7 players worth keeping on the Jaguars.. I would suggest you have to keep all 7 including Robinson. But if there are 9 that you are happy keeping for the ADP that they are... then I toss Robisnon back in.

I have a hunch... and from nothing other than a hunch... that with a training camp and pre-season (Gurley missed last year coming back from injury) that he will be used more in the passing game. but yeah, the 1.00 PPR will hurt his value some.

So I would draft Hopkins in 1st overall instead... mostly because of his age being less than Green.
    Pretty much this yes. I take the receiver more for the longevity factor than the PPR factor, but PPR does impact it. Unfortunately, none of ARob, Nuk, and AJG are really worthy of the first overall pick. But it/'s not that far off that it's an awful use of it either.

Dobber Sports Expert

Rataylor basically nailed the defenders. I could take an additional defender at each position as well to increase the keepers. Bortles, Hurns and Robinson are the iffy ones based their current ADPs. Robinson won't be available by my next pick (32nd overall) but replacing him with Hopkins or Green I do agree is an upgrade.

Hurns is iffy as he is a 5th rounder...same as Myles Jack. Keeping Bortles, I can maintain most of the passing game production in JAX while focusing on filling out the roster and that supplants the loss of both Hurns and Robinson a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Rataylor basically nailed the defenders. I could take an additional defender at each position as well to increase the keepers. Bortles, Hurns and Robinson are the iffy ones based their current ADPs. Robinson won't be available by my next pick (32nd overall) but replacing him with Hopkins or Green I do agree is an upgrade.

Hurns is iffy as he is a 5th rounder...same as Myles Jack. Keeping Bortles, I can maintain most of the passing game production in JAX while focusing on filling out the roster and that supplants the loss of both Hurns and Robinson a little.
    Jack is a 5th round ADP? That's insane.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Jack is a 5th round ADP? That's insane.
    Yeah I agree...beacuse the ADPs were adjusted to account for basically every sort of draft a bunch of players are all over the map. Guys like Laquon Treadwell, Sterling Shepard and Corey Coleman are 2nd rounders! Basically the youngsters and IDP player values are really inflated, but I have no idea what to expect in this draft from the other managers strategy wise.

Well. Jack without his knee problems would have been the best player in the NFL draft this year. But I'm not confident enough in his knee to draft him there. What are the ADPs of Fowler and Ramsey?

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Well. Jack without his knee problems would have been the best player in the NFL draft this year. But I'm not confident enough in his knee to draft him there. What are the ADPs of Fowler and Ramsey?
    It is a dynasty so biting the bullet for one year may not be a terrible idea. I do agree about Jack, he and Ramsey would both not be Jaguars today if not for Jack's knee issue. Ramsey is a 10th, Fowler is a 22nd (no brainer).

Yea, Fowler is a gonna be a beast. Ramsey is a tougher call, I feel like that's probably a reasonable value though. Depends what your IDP settings are.

Dobber Sports Expert

So I have to ask once again. In a 1.0 PPR dynasty, how do you rank Nuke, ARob and Green? My gut is saying the the order I just listed. Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Titan

Hopkins Gurley Green for dynasty purposes
    Hopkins Green Gurley for this yr. Green is going to get thrown to SOOOO MUCH this yr.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Hopkins Gurley Green for dynasty purposes
    Hopkins Green Gurley for this yr. Green is going to get thrown to SOOOO MUCH this yr.
    Thanks. I was kind of thinking the same thing. A lot of people seem to be scared with Hopkins right now but I figure I have too much invested in JAX right now that I need to spread around and Nuke is still a top 5 guy. I love Green as well this year but yeah, he's 28 and figure the youngins are better bets.