Thread: Help with Keepers

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Post Help with Keepers

2 QB League, 6 points for QB TD. All other scoring is standard.

I've already posted earlier this year about this topic, but was wondering if opinions have changed. Pick 4 keepers from these players.

E. Manning
    Rivers
    Romo

Ingram
    D. Murray
    Rawls

TY Hilton
    Cobb
    Cooper

Right now, I am set on Manning, Ingram, Rawls, Cooper. Others have told me to go with Rivers over Eli, and Murray over either Rawls or Ingram.

Give me a couple of ideas- perhaps the safe picks, and then the more risky picks and why.
    10 Team H2H Baseball- Cats

R, HR, RBI, BB, SB, AVG, XBH
    W, ERA, SV, K WHIP, QS

C: D. Jansen
    1B: P. Goldschmidt
    2B: J. Villar
    3B: E. Suarez
    SS: J. Peraza
    OF: M. Trout
    OF: G. Stanton
    OF: A. Benintendi
    UTIL: G. Springer
    UTIL: J. Gallo
    P: T. Bauer
    P: Z. Wheeler
    RP: T. Glasnow
    RP: K. Maeda
    P: G. Marquez
    P: L. Castillo
    P: S. Bieber
    P: C. McHugh

Bench: J. Profar, T. White, M. Smith, C. Martinez (SP), G. Holland

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Help with Keepers

If it was me...

Eli Manning - has OBJ and the rookie WR to throw to.

TY Hilton - Luck throwing him the ball again
    Cobb - With Nelson back, teams won't be able to focus on Cobb

Ingram - because I like him better than the other two RBs.

Not Cooper? In a keeper league I thought he'd be the most valuable. Sure the other 2 are good as well, but I could trade them for picks before the draft as well. For me, Cooper is just too valuable to be dropping in a keeper league.

I've also thought about keeping 2 QBs and 2 WR's.. But not having a good starting RB scares me going into the draft.

W, ERA, SV, K WHIP, QS

UTIL: J. Gallo
    P: T. Bauer
    P: Z. Wheeler
    RP: T. Glasnow
    RP: K. Maeda
    P: G. Marquez
    P: L. Castillo
    P: S. Bieber
    P: C. McHugh

Bench: J. Profar, T. White, M. Smith, C. Martinez (SP), G. Holland

Dobber Sports Titan

How many teams? If it is 10 or less then I may consider not keeping a QB, and going with the 3 WR and Ingram.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd be keeping the 3 WRs and Rawls.

10 team league.

Not keeping a QB is a bit scary going into the draft. Though I do like my WR's enough to consider it.

I'm so confused as to who my RB should be though. Rawls has huge upside, so does Ingram, but both have injury problems.

Dobber Sports Titan

Is anyone going to be keeping more than 2 QB? If not then you still have some options from the top 20 QBs to draft, and you can completely focus on them.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

I think there's probably 3 teams that will be keeping 2 QBs. But I can't tell for sure. Everyone looks like they will at least be keeping one

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by oilspill23 View Post
    I think there's probably 3 teams that will be keeping 2 QBs. But I can't tell for sure. Everyone looks like they will at least be keeping one
    So you figure somewhere in the area of 9-14 QBs are going to be kept. So lets say you don't keep Manning, what better options do you have that you can draft? Not to mention, other teams will also look to be drafting a QB so you're fighting there and can fall behind the 8-ball real quick and be stuck with a QB in the #20 range as your best option.

Your receivers are good, but not good enough to keep all over a QB when A) Passing TDs are worth 6 points & B) you're likely looking at good chunk being off the board before the draft.

I keep: Manning, Ingram, Hilton, Cooper. I like Cobb especially with GB's running game likely to improve on last year in addition to Nelson's return, but Indy's D is still god awful that should keep Hilton involved heavily. Cooper is the focal point in OAK. Ingram over Rawls as reports seem to indicate Prosise will be heavily involved in SEA this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    So you figure somewhere in the area of 9-14 QBs are going to be kept. So lets say you don't keep Manning, what better options do you have that you can draft? Not to mention, other teams will also look to be drafting a QB so you're fighting there and can fall behind the 8-ball real quick and be stuck with a QB in the #20 range as your best option.

Your receivers are good, but not good enough to keep all over a QB when A) Passing TDs are worth 6 points & B) you're likely looking at good chunk being off the board before the draft.

I keep: Manning, Ingram, Hilton, Cooper. I like Cobb especially with GB's running game likely to improve on last year in addition to Nelson's return, but Indy's D is still god awful that should keep Hilton involved heavily. Cooper is the focal point in OAK. Ingram over Rawls as reports seem to indicate Prosise will be heavily involved in SEA this season.
    Great insight here. With all that said, who would you say i could get away with trading before the draft? I feel that Cobb/Hilton share the same value, but if thats not so, maybe its smart to deal the one with higher value and just be at peace with the other guy.

I agree with Ingram at RB. Least amount of risk with still tons of upside for the year. Surprised no one has said D. Murray?

W, ERA, SV, K WHIP, QS