View Poll Results: Which d-man is most likely to score 40+ points in 2016-17 despite never previously scoring more than

Voters
91. This poll is closed
  • Cody Ceci

2 2.20%
  • Jason Demers

3 3.30%
  • Matt Dumba

16 17.58%
  • Mattias Ekholm

9 9.89%
  • Ryan Ellis

11 12.09%
  • Jake Gardiner

10 10.99%
  • Noah Hanifin

9 9.89%
  • Ben Hutton

2 2.20%
  • Seth Jones

48 52.75%
  • Oscar Klefbom

11 12.09%
  • Dmitri Kulikov

2 2.20%
  • Adam Larsson

17 18.68%
  • Hampus Lindholm

12 13.19%
  • Olii Maatta

7 7.69%
  • Alex Martinez

2 2.20%
  • Colin Miller

7 7.69%
  • Dmitri Orlov

2 2.20%
  • Colton Parayko

43 47.25%
  • Justin Schultz

2 2.20%
  • Jacob Trouba

5 5.49%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cage Match Tournament - DEFENSEMEN BREAKOUTS - vote here!

The Great One

Default Re: Cage Match Tournament - DEFENSEMEN BREAKOUTS - vote here!

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    It seems a few people didn't read the rules.
    I did say that folks should vote for up to two players, but on second thought I don't mind them voting for more if they truly think that each will hit 40+ this season. I guess whatever people want to do is fine. Sorry though for those who voted for only two but would've preferred to cast additional ballots.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Wizard

Parayko and Jones got my votes.

Quote Originally Posted by jarja View Post
    so people don't Murray becoming a 40pt dman anymore? he was looking like a #1 guy for awhile.
    I've honestly never seen him becoming that. 121 points in 191 games during his junior career isn't anything special. A solid real-life player for sure but points-wise only around 30-35 I think.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Dumba & Parayko

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Jones, Parayko and Lindholm would be my choices.
    Same here.

The Great One

We're is everyone on Maata these days? Seen he's had some love but I don't know anymore
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    We're is everyone on Maata these days? Seen he's had some love but I don't know anymore
    For me, his potential is harmed by the combined presence of Daley and Schultz - not either one of them individually, but by both being there. For Maatta to break out, I think it would take Letang plus one of Daley and Schultz getting hurt. Oh, and Maatta NOT getting hurt. But the key is this time next year Maatta will be sneaky good, since either Schultz will stink or do great, yet in either case he'll probably be gone. And Daley will be a UFA, so suddenly Maatta has a lot clearer path to success. Long story short - if I was doing this poll a year from now, I'd have given serious consideration to Maatta getting my vote, but for now, he's not in a good spot to produce for 2016-17.

By the way, for those who've asked, I actually voted for Gardiner and Dumba.
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Great One

Interesting - so no Pouliot jumping up in a year and leap frogging him for those prime offensive minutes? That's where it gets cloudy for me as I think he stays on the farm this year and comes on strong the year after

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Interesting - so no Pouliot jumping up in a year and leap frogging him for those prime offensive minutes? That's where it gets cloudy for me as I think he stays on the farm this year and comes on strong the year after
    I'm by no means an expert on the rules surrounding the expansion draft, but I'm thinking Pouliot might be a prime candidate to go to Las Vegas if he's eligible. I think the Pens are at the point with Pouliot where it brings to mind the famous quote from Social Network - "if Pouliot was a good defenseman, he's be a good defenseman"

The Great One

I agree - I actually don't think he is a good defence man hence I think he comes up and runs the PP and Maata does the heavy lifting...

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think 4 or 5 these guys get there, but which ones pull it off will be interesting.

Klefbom, Prayko, & Jones are the 3 that stick out to me as the most likely.

I like one of Schultz or Maatta to get there, if Maatta can stay healthy, I think he has a very good shot, but healthiness is a skill.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Legend

Jones and Dumba for me.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Jones and Dumba for me.
    I just voted exactly the same... Jones is the first line PP, and best option out there for a strong forward group with Columbus - the forwards will rotate with Torts, but the D will have to go through Jones. Dumba is my other vote, more experience on the first PP with Suter and a show-me bridge contract that he will be looking to outperform.
    XGL - 16 Team, Points Dynasty League
    $114M cap, 54+ Players, Year #16 - 1st(6x): 08, 12-13, 16, 18-19

F(9+3R): Rantanen, P Kane, Bergeron, Lindholm, Tarasenko, Kadri, Olofsson+
    R: Newhook, Perfetti+
    D(5+2R): Makar, Hronek, Dunn, Sanheim, Andersson
    R: Seider, Harley+

G(2+1R): Price, Varly

WHL - 24 Team Dobber League (Lake Valley Thunder) - 2020/21 Champion
    F: Aho, Bergeron, OV, Hintz, Hoffman+
    D: Hedman, Makar, Werenski, Hronek+
    G: Andersen, Lankinen, Oettinger
    R: Reichel, Timmins, Bjornfot, Cormier, Johnston+

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I picked up Pouliot last year with a hope and a prayer. The problem isn't so much that he is or is not a good defenceman, its that he has to be put into a position that he can prove it, and he hasn't ever been given the chance despite the hype. You can't prove you are a offensive defense stud with 14min a game getting 30 seconds of PP time. Much of that was even before the Pens picked up Schultz which effectively destroys whats little chance he had for opportunities. Given that Letang is the #1 right now, there just isn't room for that many offensive D (The Pens already have had defensive issues the last couple years to begin with anyway). So I plan on dropping him. He still may have value, but only if he gets traded (Vegas would likely be a boon for him), or in a couple of years if Schultz doesn't work out and Letang starts to falter.
    15 Team, 2G, 5D, 10F, pts/+-, Protect 11, 5$/yr long term contracts, 200$ Salary Cap, Bidding Draft.

F: Elias Lindholm(8$), Jake Guentzel(11$), Josh Anderson(1$), Kevin Labanc(7$), William Nylander(13$), Alex Galchenyuk(2$)
    D: Victor Hedman(39$), Ryan Pulock(1$), Thomas Chabot(4$)
    G: Jacob Markstrom(1$), MacKenzie Blackwood(1$)*

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVain View Post
    I picked up Pouliot last year with a hope and a prayer. The problem isn't so much that he is or is not a good defenceman, its that he has to be put into a position that he can prove it, and he hasn't ever been given the chance despite the hype. You can't prove you are a offensive defense stud with 14min a game getting 30 seconds of PP time. Much of that was even before the Pens picked up Schultz which effectively destroys whats little chance he had for opportunities. Given that Letang is the #1 right now, there just isn't room for that many offensive D (The Pens already have had defensive issues the last couple years to begin with anyway). So I plan on dropping him. He still may have value, but only if he gets traded (Vegas would likely be a boon for him), or in a couple of years if Schultz doesn't work out and Letang starts to falter.
    What you're saying is totally fair, but didn't Pouliot also have attitude/behavior issues in the minors? That's probably not something the Penguins - nor any other team - wants to see.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

*Alec Martinez, not Alex