Thread: Max Pacioretty + Nathan MacKinnon FOR Patrick Kane+ (Or Tarasenko)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Max Pacioretty + Nathan MacKinnon FOR Patrick Kane+ (Or Tarasenko)

14 Team, Keep 16, Total Fantasy Points Multi-cat Pool (G:1/A:1/+\-:0.5/PIM:0.1/SOG:0.1/GWG:1/PPP:1/SHP:1/Hit:0.1/Blk:0.1/ShG:0.5/SGWG:0.5).

Should I move:

Trade #1:
    N.MacKinnon + M.Pacioretty
    FOR
    P.Kane

OR...

Trade #2:
    N.MacKinnon + M.Marner
    FOR
    V.Tarasenko

*If I do the first trade I can KEEP T.Oshie or J.Thornton.
    *If I complete the second trade my options aren't so nice (has to be a player with 150 GP or less...which only leaves me D.Pouliot at the moment). Unless I ask for something else with Tarasenko that would qualify.

FPG from last season:
    M.Pacioretty: 1.62 (Previous years 2.01)
    N.MacKinnon: 1.54 (Previous high was rookie year with 1.61)
    P.Kane: 2.43 (Previous years 2.02)
    V.Tarasenko: 1.85 (Previous year 1.95)
    T.Oshie: 1.56 (Previous year 1.65)
    J.Thornton: 1.89 (Previous season 1.38)

Should I stay with what I have? Or make a big move? I'm more inclined to trade Pacioretty now (since I moved him in another pool) but I am worried he will bounce back to around 2.0 FPG...and be close to P.Kane. I am also worried about trading MacKinnon before his breakout. Also worried about trading for a PEAK P.Kane...buying high is never a good thing, but is his production sustainable? *Sigh*

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Max Pacioretty + Nathan MacKinnon FOR Patrick Kane+ (Or Tarasenko)

Putting together a deep roster is important for your type of league. So trading away two solid performers in Pacioretty and MacKinnon for just one player, even if Kane is a better player than both, wouldn't be advisable. For example, what if Kane is injured? That leaves a big hole on your roster. If it's a shallow league, I make the deal in a heartbeat. But not this one.

The second one would be better, although you mention your keeper possibilities aren't as favorable, which I'll take your word for. I'm still trying to figure out what kind of player Pouliot will be, so I might pass on that one as well.

I don't see your full roster, but nothing here tells me that you need to make a trade.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

The Great One

I think the biggee for me is I don't see Kane having the same season as last year - by that he will still be over a point per game but I think he finishes more 90-5. With that drop the gap between him and Patches shrinks but (and though I like Oshie) I think Makinnon opens a gap on him so all of a sudden that difference doesn't seem to be there.

Personally I think if Mak gets off to a good start I think you can mine more value so I stand pat

Tarasenko is the best player in that second deal and unless you know you can win it this year I don't do it. Marner won't be in in the NHL next season IMO but the drop to Pouliot is huge right now
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Ace

I think your selling yourself short on what you have with MacKinnon. He was playing point per game hockey until mid December last year and is entering his breakout fourth season. Hold onto him or ask for more.
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

Dobber Sports Deity

I agree with the others. I wouldn't do either trade, especially once I see what the other keeper options where if you had made either trade.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Below is my full team. 16 keepers, 4 of which have to be prospects (150 GP or less for players, 100 GP or less for goalies).
    I am the reigning champion, so I should be in contention again this year.

KEEPERS: Name FPts FP/G Age
    1 C Evgeny Kuznetsov (WAS) 145.7 1.78 24
    2 LW Alex Ovechkin (WAS) 186.5 2.36 30
    3 LW Max Pacioretty (MTL) 132.6 1.62 27
    4 LW Milan Lucic (LA) 127.9 1.58 28
    5 C/RW Nathan MacKinnon (COL) 110.9 1.54 20
    6 RW Tyler Toffoli (LA) 123.7 1.51 24
    7 D Erik Karlsson (OTT) 165.7 2.02 26
    8 D Oliver Ekman-Larsson (ARI) 141.5 1.89 25
    9 D Duncan Keith (CHI) 101.3 1.51 33
    10 D Jake Muzzin (LA) 118.4 1.44 27
    11 G Braden Holtby (WAS) 208.6 3.16 26
    12 G Jonathan Quick (LA) 195.6 2.88 30
    PROSPECTS:
    13 C/RW Sam Reinhart (BUF) 74.5 0.94 20
    14 LW Christian Dvorak (ARI) 0 0 20
    15 C Mitchell Marner (TOR) 0 0 19
    16 G Petr Mrazek (DET) 149.8 2.77 24

BORDER KEEPERS:
    C Joe Thornton (SJ) 154.8 1.89 37
    RW TJ Oshie (WAS) 125 1.56 29
    D Derrick Pouliot (PIT)* 15.1 0.69 22
    D Zdeno Chara (BOS) 106.6 1.33 39
    D Andrei Markov (MTL) 93.4 1.14 39
    C Martin Hanzal (ARI) 91.7 1.43 29
    RW Justin Williams (WAS) 103.7 1.26 34
    *Prospect Eligible

Thank you all for the feedback, you pretty much share the same line of thinking as myself (which is why I was second guessing the trades).

In the Tarasenko offer, I could probably get him to add a prospect such as Travis Konecny/Shea Theodore. I may even push for Max Domi, as this would help me this season for sure, but haven't really dabbled with the offer just yet.

I have the 4th overall pick in the draft as well, which I know the top 3 picks will be Matthews/Laine/Pulijarvi, so it's basically like I have a free additional keeper. I can re-grab one of Thornton/Oshie, but if I do the trade one I can actually keep both. Maybe it's just me trying to hold on to my same players that I won with, which may be clouding my judgement...I should probably just stand-pat...but I need help from myself!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I really don't like selling low on MacKinnon and Pacioretty at this stage while buying high on Kane. Red flags all over the place.

Kane is best of the mentioned players but I have a feeling that both Mac and Pac will bounce back this year - along with Kane regressing to his pre-career-year. So I think at least Mac (if not both) will close in on Kane.

Dobber Sports Master

agree with the consensus that you might be selling mack short and would advise to hold both he and max.

tarasenko is a 35-35 , 40-40 kinda guy but pacioretty could be close to that if everything goes right + you'd get to keep mack

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks guys, I'm gonna pass on both.

Same pool should I move:

P.Mrazek FOR J.Eichel

We have a GP cap of 162 goalie games. So with Quick and Holtby I should have 130-140 of those GP which means I only need 22-32 more goalie games. So I don't NEED Mrazek, unless I have injury problems. Is that fair straight up? Or is a possible goalie stud worth more? And yes I know Eichel will be a STUD too.

Thanks!

The Great One

I ant see either Price or Holtby playing more than 120 games so depends what your third goalie becomes without Mrazek first...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by nikitanikitin View Post
    I really don't like selling low on MacKinnon and Pacioretty at this stage while buying high on Kane. Red flags all over the place.
    This 100%. It would be poor asset management.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by nikitanikitin View Post
    Spot on. This trade makes sense if we're only looking at last years production, but as we know even the top players will go up and down over the years. Kane will absolutely go down either due to injury or not being as successful, and you have to think MacKinnon has another gear or two yet to hit. MacK is only 20 and some seem to already think they know what he is(!). And Pacioretty has more goals in him than he showed this year, even though he still put up a good overall numbers.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback!
    I hope MacKinnon breaks out and Pacioretty bounces back.
    I will hash-out my Mrazek for Eichel dilemma in another post.