Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Your ultimate Tragically Hip setlist

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Your ultimate Tragically Hip setlist

I watched a taped version of the show Saturday and wow.....that seemed like a perfect set to me.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Some other notes on reading:
    Apparently "Nautical Disaster", "Fifty-Mission Cap" and "Locked in the Trunk of a Car" only made two setlists prior to the final night.
    Bassist Gord Sinclair was apparently the guy that chose the setlist for each night. (I didn't know this)
    https://www.thestar.com/entertainmen...-set-list.html

I thought they nailed the setlist for the final evening.
    30 songs... wow... that's a lot to play.
    Surely - some of those were tough for Downie to get through at this stage of his career.

Fiddlers Green was also my favourite on the night.
    At this twilight of Gord's career... it had the song that paced with where he is.

BBC had a brief article to sum up the last concert and the band that was a face of a nation:
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37157473

I watched from my living room at home, via YouTube.
    I did stand for the whole concert, only leaving to update the list here on the forums a couple time and replenish my beer(s).

Where'd the rest of the Dobber community settle on watching it? Home or out? With friends? Small group? Big Group?

Dobber Sports Titan

I was at home watching it in my basement on the big screen with my family. All very big hip fans. I didn't leave the room once. I debated getting another beer, but really just didn't want to miss anything.

I was a big fan of the set. It was the show that they wanted to sing, and we couldn't have asked for more from them.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Genius

At home, in basement (solo) with big screen and speakers on high. CBC radio had much better sound quality and I flipped to and from throughout the show. Had a Corona in Gord's honor.

my wife spent the night with my mother-in-law and she said she didn't watch a second of it. I'm ready to deport her. And she's a Queen's U girl too. It's freakin Kingston baby!!?? lol
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    I woke up this morning and all I can think about it Gord. That was pretty amazing and emotional last night, I'm still processing it all I think.
    Did you wake up a little after nine?

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post

Where'd the rest of the Dobber community settle on watching it? Home or out? With friends? Small group? Big Group?
    I have a feeling that twenty years from now, people will be sitting around asking "Where did you watch the concert?" Everyone will remember similar to 9/11 but without all the death and destruction.

Dobber Sports Genius

There are copies of the CBC show floating around on torrent sites - grabbed a copy yesterday. And yes if it is ever put out as a DVD or CD I will purchase one. For now, I'm enjoying the show on the laptop.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    There are copies of the CBC show floating around on torrent sites - grabbed a copy yesterday. And yes if it is ever put out as a DVD or CD I will purchase one. For now, I'm enjoying the show on the laptop.
    They should 100% put out CDs/DVDs with the show (proceeds going to the Gord Downie fund). I would buy one as soon as they hit shelves.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    They should 100% put out CDs/DVDs with the show (proceeds going to the Gord Downie fund). I would buy one as soon as they hit shelves.
    Me too. That would make sense.

Dobber Sports Genius

Heard this song last night on radio for the first time ever and i'm 40 years old. Thought it was one of their newer songs - ah, what's that?! it's been around since I was in grade 11?! Maybe one of my favs now. Sounded great in the car on a warm summer's night. I'm embarrassed!!!

Dobber Sports Jedi

I only wish they played Wheat Kings a bit later in the set. Hands down my fav Hip song. AINEC
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I only wish they played Wheat Kings a bit later in the set. Hands down my fav Hip song. AINEC
    Wheat kings and Fiddlers Green are my tops and they are REALLY close for me.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    Heard this song last night on radio for the first time ever and i'm 40 years old. Thought it was one of their newer songs - ah, what's that?! it's been around since I was in grade 11?! Maybe one of my favs now. Sounded great in the car on a warm summer's night. I'm embarrassed!!!
    I think Fully Completely is my favorite album. Its a toss up between that and Road Apples.

Dobber Sports Pro

Huge Hip fan. My favourites list goes on for too long, but I was fortunate enough to watch the last show with people I love, who alos love the Hip. Made the night real special.

As a treat for those of you who do not know the song, here is a song that never made Road Apples: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zi3zE4-Yzc Get Back Again