Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ESPN is sooooo dumb.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: ESPN is sooooo dumb.

Not sure why people get their jimmies in a jam when it plus 30 out and 2 and a half months out from the start of the season.
    ESPN have their toes in so many things, where Fantrax is year round fantasy sports. Emphasis on fantasy. No one should be living or dying on what position someone is listed as on ESPN, or what date a particular sport opens up on Yahoo.

Real life trumps it all. Go outside, take a walk, read a book, cut my grass but stop worrying about something that is of so little import. It will get sorted in due time. And as someone posted with ESPN, or yahoo, it's free so they'll operate on their schedule not yours.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    I am not the LM unfortunately. I did suggest that we should switch to a platform that actually cares about Fantasy Hockey, unlike ESPN. We'll see where that goes.
    I ran two leagues for an entire year. One with CBS and one with Fantrax. I did this to show the boys that I was doing my homework. In the end, after they visited the Fantrax site and saw all of their players there with the correct points, etc, etc... and it was free, they just agreed to move. I have never regretted it. That was three years ago. You could do the same.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post

I've seen Fantrax assign some pretty stupid primary positions and some ridiculous multi-positions too. It's silly to pretend like Fantrax is the be all end all when they make similar mistakes. Also, lots of people don't want to pay for their host provider when there are so many free options.
    Yes, but with Fantrax, you can change the position eligibility for every player manually. Positiion eligibility at Fantrax is literally not a problem. Fantrax is free.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by AngelicAssassin0 View Post
    Not sure why people get their jimmies in a jam when it plus 30 out and 2 and a half months out from the start of the season.
    ESPN have their toes in so many things, where Fantrax is year round fantasy sports. Emphasis on fantasy. No one should be living or dying on what position someone is listed as on ESPN, or what date a particular sport opens up on Yahoo.

Real life trumps it all. Go outside, take a walk, read a book, cut my grass but stop worrying about something that is of so little import. It will get sorted in due time. And as someone posted with ESPN, or yahoo, it's free so they'll operate on their schedule not yours.
    Glad you've got it all figured out. Cheers!

(Definitely not what I wanted to say, but I managed to take the high road)

Note: The issue is that with ESPN there is no guarantee anything fantasy hockey related will be sorted in due time. Hence the frustration.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Glad you've got it all figured out. Cheers!

(Definitely not what I wanted to say, but I managed to take the high road)
    Good call.
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Veteran

Our league uses ESPN. Each year there are no dual-positional players at the start of the season. Positions are added as the season progresses.
    At the end of each season I note which players have dual eligibility and draft according the following season.

I had a lot of back and forth with ESPN over a player that should have had dual eligibility. They told me they set positions using reputable sources and don't change player positions during the season.

It's Fantasy. The site and our league are free. Why worry, be happy
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    4 weekly goalie appearances minimum
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett
    LW: E.Kane, Kaprizov
    LW/C: Draisaitl, Stutzle
    RW: Marner
    RW/C: T.Thompson, Necas
    RW/LW: Svechnikov
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Sergachev, Gudas
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I sent them a letter yesterday, because Zibanejad, O'Reilly ard Carter's primary position is again RW, which isn't fair. Neither of them played on wing last season. I know this is a free feature, but this is comical.

Dobber Sports Stud

Yeah, my ESPN league awarded 0.2 points per faceoff win. I drafted guys like Carter, Zibanejad, Galchenyuk...........Basically all the wingers who are really centers. Since they don't look like early draft choices, it allowed my to load up on goalies and Dmen early and focus on them later

It basically made it like the players on wing got a free assist or goal per night in terms of points. I drafted Pavelski too knowing he would gain Wing eligibility shortly into the season.

In this league, guys like Kesler outpointed Tarasenko by a mile. I Still only came in 2nd lol. I was not the only one who figured out the formula.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCally View Post
    I sent them a letter yesterday, because Zibanejad, O'Reilly ard Carter's primary position is again RW, which isn't fair. Neither of them played on wing last season. I know this is a free feature, but this is comical.
    Don't waste your time. I went through all this last year trying to expedite Pavelski getting Wing status. You will get a generic letter about eligibility in return.
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

What's a "ESPN" ??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    What's a "ESPN" ??
    Didnt you see the commercial with Jim Gaffigan a few years ago? It means "sports" in Spanish.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Didnt you see the commercial with Jim Gaffigan a few years ago? It means "sports" in Spanish.
    HaHaHa.. I was just watching dodgeball on the OCHO!! ESPN 8!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..