Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ESPN is sooooo dumb.

Dobber Sports Pro

Default ESPN is sooooo dumb.

Their site just came back up from offseason maintenance. All players only have a single position designation. Fine, whatever.

HOWEVER, how the **** are Panarin and Domi listed as C only? They both played LW almost exclusively last season.

If they aren't LW eligible come start of season I am going to roll around on the floor and throw a tantrum. Take that ESPN!

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: ESPN is sooooo dumb.

Use Fantrax
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Prodigy

position eligibility is always a thing with these sites. Giroux has been a C/RW in Yahoo for like 6 years despite over 1000 fw...guys, I think he's a centre
    12 Team H2H Multi-Cat Keeper League - (G, A, PIM, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SO) - 15 keepers, 25 man rosters
    C: Kopitar, Bergeron, Stepan
    W: Benn, Kucherov, Voracek, JVR, Eberle, Steen, Hornqvist, Hoffman
    C/W:
    Def:
    Letang, Klingberg
    Goal: Lundqvist, Crawford
    2011-12 Champion and rubbish since

Dobber Sports Titan

It still has Andersen playing for Anaheim, i wouldn't look too much into it.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    Use Fantrax
    Thought most people would do this by now...I guess some can be picky, I understand that

Dobber Sports Pro

I am not the LM unfortunately. I did suggest that we should switch to a platform that actually cares about Fantasy Hockey, unlike ESPN. We'll see where that goes.

Dobber Sports Stud

Espn always starts the year with weird positions but will update them closer to the year
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

F's-Marner, Rantanen, Crosby, Panarin, Guentzel, Caufield, Kaprizov, Lundell, Tomasino, Holtz, Pavelski, Zuccarello, Hagel, Dach

D-Makar, Josi, Doughty Andersson, AP, Hutson

G-Hellebuyck, Fleury, Comrie, Kochetkov, Wolf, Primeau, Sogaard

Dobber Sports Sage

After taking a close look, I have determined that ESPN has not updated the positions for any player for the new season after the maintenance. They have just removed all secondary eligibility and left the primary position as set last season. Everyone who uses ESPN needs to get started with a relentless twitter and email harassment campaign to force them into action. This is the only effective means of shaming them into actually doing their job and providing accurate positions for their customers. It is an annual Sisyphusian rite that we must unfortunately endure.

Dobber Sports Genius

Howling at the moon. Just switch service providers. Simple.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Their site just came back up from offseason maintenance. All players only have a single position designation. Fine, whatever.

HOWEVER, how the **** are Panarin and Domi listed as C only? They both played LW almost exclusively last season.

If they aren't LW eligible come start of season I am going to roll around on the floor and throw a tantrum. Take that ESPN!
    In July? Really? 2 months before the regular season starts? This happens every year across multiple sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    Use Fantrax
    I've seen Fantrax assign some pretty stupid primary positions and some ridiculous multi-positions too. It's silly to pretend like Fantrax is the be all end all when they make similar mistakes. Also, lots of people don't want to pay for their host provider when there are so many free options.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    After taking a close look, I have determined that ESPN has not updated the positions for any player for the new season after the maintenance. They have just removed all secondary eligibility and left the primary position as set last season. Everyone who uses ESPN needs to get started with a relentless twitter and email harassment campaign to force them into action. This is the only effective means of shaming them into actually doing their job and providing accurate positions for their customers. It is an annual Sisyphusian rite that we must unfortunately endure.
    They also do this every year. They'll probably shut down for a couple days in another week and update positions.That's how their platform has worked every year. And again, lets stop pretending like this is an ESPN exclusive issue. There's also an interesting take on the word "customer", as you aren't paying for anything, so there is no real duty to a "customer". You're a user of a free service provided, just like the ramblings on this site. Dobber has an obligation to the purchasers of the guides to provide a quality product, that obligation does not extend to the free services he offers on this site.

Dobber Sports Sage

No, they usually update the primary positions when they rest the game for the year. This is only the 2nd time in 10 years that they have reopened the game without first updating positions for the new season.

ESPN receives revenue based on clicks. The users of the site are the ones doing the clicking. Therefore, the users create revenue for ESPN. I think the term "customer" might not be the best word, but I dont expect to have everything I say parsed down to the tiniest detail. Except when you are around.

Your relentless, "I'm going to argue with every single person about every single issue" attitude, no matter how uninformed you are about it, wears thin. We will just disagree here and I will move on to something that is a better use of my time.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    No, they usually update the primary positions when they rest the game for the year. This is only the 2nd time in 10 years that they have reopened the game without first updating positions for the new season.

ESPN receives revenue based on clicks. The users of the site are the ones doing the clicking. Therefore, the users create revenue for ESPN. I think the term "customer" might not be the best word, but I dont expect to have everything I say parsed down to the tiniest detail. Except when you are around.

Your relentless, "I'm going to argue with every single person about every single issue" attitude, no matter how uninformed you are about it, wears thin. We will just disagree here and I will move on to something that is a better use of my time.
    Feels like you're arguing right now. That wears a little thin.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I've seen Fantrax assign some pretty stupid primary positions and some ridiculous multi-positions too. It's silly to pretend like Fantrax is the be all end all when they make similar mistakes. Also, lots of people don't want to pay for their host provider when there are so many free options.
    You can adjust the positions with fantrax.....
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonald View Post
    Espn always starts the year with weird positions but will update them closer to the year
    This is true, but regardless - with Fantrax there is nothing that you can't do. Everything is flexible, every league type is accommodated for. Zero complaints and no waiting. It's a no-brainer.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Pro

Update: we are working to switch the league over to Fantrax.