Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which goalie would you sign for next season?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Which goalie would you sign for next season?

Hey guys,

I can sign one of these goalies for next season: Luongo, Rask, Schneider
    Who should it be?

Here's how the points work out in my league:
    GA: -10pts. / Saves: +2pts. / W: +50pts. / L:-10pts. / Shutouts: +50pts.
    Here's the fantasy points summary from last season:
    Luongo: 3611 ftps. (6th place among goalies in our league)
    Rask: 3280 ftps. (11th place)
    Schneider: 2923 ftps. (13th place) (As you know, Schneider was limited to 58 games - the least amount of the other two)

*I was very impressed with Schneider last season and feel like I should stick with him. Luongo will be out for at least a month at the beginning of the season and I am concerned about his age and Reimer potentially taking over longer than the expected month. As for Rask, I haven't read anything positive about him lately.

Thanks in advance everyone!
    12 Team (Limited Keeper) Multi-Cat - Weekly Roster Lock (4C / 4LW / 4RW / 6D / 2G / 5 Bench / 2 IR)
    Forwards & Dmen: Goals, Assists, Shots, Blks, Hits, FW (+ pts.), FL (-pts.), +/-, PIM (- pts.), HT, GWG, SHG, SHA
    Goalies: Wins, Losses (-pts.), GA (-pts.), Saves, Shut Outs

C: MacKinnon, Cozens, Jenner, Kotkaniemi

LW: Svechnikov (LW,RW), Guentzel, Forseberg, Vrana, Raymond (LW,RW)
    RW: Tolvanen (LW,RW), Debrincat (LW,RW), Wheeler, Wilson
    D: Heiskanen, Q. Hughes, Bouchard, Sergachev, Durzi, K. Miller
    G: Demko, Markstrom

Reserves: P. Kane (RW), C. Brown (RW), Sharongovich (LW), Andersen (G)

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Which goalie would you sign for next season?

I'd be taking Luongo if he wasn't scheduled to be out until late November. He'll get more wins for sure.

I go with Schneider - he only had 4 less wins that Rask with far less games.

Schneider for me.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Deity

With this format for scoring, Rask for me. Too many are giving up on him and I still think he's a top goalie in the league.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yeah, I was surprised that Rask wasn't mentioned in this article: http://www.dobberhockey.com/hockey-h...rn-conference/
    12 Team (Limited Keeper) Multi-Cat - Weekly Roster Lock (4C / 4LW / 4RW / 6D / 2G / 5 Bench / 2 IR)
    Forwards & Dmen: Goals, Assists, Shots, Blks, Hits, FW (+ pts.), FL (-pts.), +/-, PIM (- pts.), HT, GWG, SHG, SHA
    Goalies: Wins, Losses (-pts.), GA (-pts.), Saves, Shut Outs

C: MacKinnon, Cozens, Jenner, Kotkaniemi

LW: Svechnikov (LW,RW), Guentzel, Forseberg, Vrana, Raymond (LW,RW)
    RW: Tolvanen (LW,RW), Debrincat (LW,RW), Wheeler, Wilson
    D: Heiskanen, Q. Hughes, Bouchard, Sergachev, Durzi, K. Miller
    G: Demko, Markstrom

Reserves: P. Kane (RW), C. Brown (RW), Sharongovich (LW), Andersen (G)

Dobber Sports Genius

It's tough to decide between Rask and Schneider but I'd definitely rule out Luongo. He's going to be injured at the start of the year and combine that with his age and the fact that the Panthers just signed Reimer to a long-term deal, Luongo is riskier. If I had to choose, I'd go with Schneider but it's really close for me.

The Great One

Not cut and dry and I'm not entirely convinced Jersey will be better than Boston. Toss of a coin here for me
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Ace

I'd say Schneider just because luongo going to miss at least the first month of the season. Otherwise I'd go luongo
    14 team h/h dynasty
    Stats, G A PTS PIM +/- PPP SHP GWG shts TOI hts/blks W sv% gaa SO
    $89 mill salary cap, cap hits
    minors- players under 60 gms, goalies under 30 gms
    3c 3lw 3rw 4d 2util 1goal
    max 23 plyr rstr, 15 minors

CENTERS Kuznetsov, Necas, Petterson, Hughes, D.Strome, Seguin, Hayes, Scheifele
    LEFTWING Gaudreau, Mantha, Forsberg, Keller
    RIGHTWING Kakko , Debrincat, Thomas, Konecny
    D-MEN Girard, Provorov, McCavoy, Dobson, Makar
    GOALIES Gibson, Shesterkin, Sorokin
    IR
    MINORS Brannstrom, Kostin, Dennisenko, Kaprizov, Tippett, Cozens, Tolvanen, Zegras, Byfield , Vessalainen, K.Miller, Kyrou, Janik, Bokk, Lundell, Heinola, Hoglander, Lundkvist

Dobber Sports Expert

Schneider for me. Based on you format, I would go with the goalie on the best team, but Bobby Lu will be sidelined for awhile. NJ and BOS I figure to be about equal so I go with the better goalie in Schneider.

The Wolverine

Was curious how Rask and Schneider compared when looking at a per 60 minute game (and using minutes played, since there were non-starting games in there). I know it's not a perfect calculation but to give an idea:

Rask: 3280 fpts in 3678 minutes (~61.3 games). 3280/61.3 = 53.5fpts per game
    Schneider: 2923 fpts in 3412 minutes (~56.9 games). 3412/56.9 = 59.96fpts per game

They started 62 and 58 games respectively so the calculation probably isn't that far off (I hope).

I haven't checked the schedule, so have no idea how many B2Bs each team has in 2016/17 to help determine how often Khudobin/Kinkaid will start as a backup, assuming it'll be mainly them or others. If I were to guess, I would think Schneider plays more games.

I would lean towards Schneider, unless you think Rask will improve and/or Schneider will get worse.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Was curious how Rask and Schneider compared when looking at a per 60 minute game (and using minutes played, since there were non-starting games in there). I know it's not a perfect calculation but to give an idea:

Rask: 3280 fpts in 3678 minutes (~61.3 games). 3280/61.3 = 53.5fpts per game
    Schneider: 2923 fpts in 3412 minutes (~56.9 games). 3412/56.9 = 59.96fpts per game

They started 62 and 58 games respectively so the calculation probably isn't that far off (I hope).

I haven't checked the schedule, so have no idea how many B2Bs each team has in 2016/17 to help determine how often Khudobin/Kinkaid will start as a backup, assuming it'll be mainly them or others. If I were to guess, I would think Schneider plays more games.

I would lean towards Schneider, unless you think Rask will improve and/or Schneider will get worse.
    I think Larsson leaving could play into the Devils being a weaker defensive team this year.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I think Larsson leaving could play into the Devils being a weaker defensive team this year.
    Definitely possible. I just wonder if Schneider is that good that it won't matter as much. Though, the same was said about Rask before so it could change. Maybe they give up more goals but score more and help with wins. A lot of questions of course.

Perhaps perceived value amongst his leaguemates will be the deciding factor.

Dobber Sports Deity

Schneider better be that good. Have you looked at NJ's defensive roster for the upcoming season? As per capfriendly, they currently have five Dmen signed: Greene, Lovejoy, Moore, Merrill and Severson. Merrill is out recovering from a shoulder injury so dont expect him to start the year. I think NJ is about to find out just how valuable Larsson was to that team, along with Schneider.

Then to look at Boston, just just brought in one of the best two-way forward in David Backes and they still have a decent defense in front of Rask. I think Boston isn't nearly as bad as many think.

I also don't think New Jersey's ability to keep the puck out is nearly as good as many want to think. Sure they added some firepower in Hall, and Zacha could surprise some but their defense is in a shambles right now.

The Wolverine

Schneider better be that good. Have you looked at NJ's defensive roster for the upcoming season? As per capfriendly, they currently have five Dmen signed: Greene, Lovejoy, Moore, Merrill and Severson. Merrill is out recovering from a shoulder injury so dont expect him to start the year. I think NJ is about to find out just how valuable Larsson was to that team, along with Schneider.

Then to look at Boston, just just brought in one of the best two-way forward in David Backes and they still have a decent defense in front of Rask. I think Boston isn't nearly as bad as many think.

I also don't think New Jersey's ability to keep the puck out is nearly as good as many want to think. Sure they added some firepower in Hall, and Zacha could surprise some but their defense is in a shambles right now.
    You're trying to debate with someone who doesn't know or care as much about it.

Just gave my thoughts on a basic level and my choice. It could be right. It could be wrong. Especially when I ended my original post with '...unless you think Rask will improve and/or Schneider will get worse'.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    You're trying to debate with someone who doesn't know or care as much about it.

Just gave my thoughts on a basic level and my choice. It could be right. It could be wrong. Especially when I ended my original post with '...unless you think Rask will improve and/or Schneider will get worse'.
    Believe me when I say, I am not trying to debate anything; simply pointing out what needs to be said and probably isn't thought about as much when making decisions like this one.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

THIS!

Rask for me because that NJ D is absolutely brutal looking and who is left in FA? Russell, Wisniewski, Seidenberg? No impact D there. Unless a trade is incoming to somewhat offset the loss of Larsson then a top 6 of Greene, Severson, Moore, Lovejoy, Merrill and we'll say Santini is going to get roasted and Schneider's stats will take a hit.