Thread: Trevor Moore

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Trevor Moore

Signed an ELC with the Leafs. Was undrafted and put up good numbers at Denver. Anyone have any insight on him? He'll start in the A, but just wondering if anyone has seen him play.

He had a good devo camp and had 3 points in the scrimmage setting up Marner twice while adding his own. What intrigues me is, he signed for the max amount on the ELC.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Trevor Moore

It never hurts to try and catch lightning in a bottle I guess and players are passed over all the time that shouldn't be but even with getting rid of half a dozen UFA's by next trade deadline he is going to have one heck of a mountain of players to climb over to get playing time.

I say he tops out as a very good AHL player who will get the occasional cup of coffee with the big club. Happy to be proven wrong on this down the line.

Dobber Sports Deity

While his NHL salary ($925k) is the max salary, he didn't really sign for the max amount on an ELC. His AAV (salary + bonuses) = $1.775M per year which is far from the max ELC he can sign. From what I can see, he got Schedule A bonuses on his ELC but no Schedule B bonuses, which are normally based around league awards, etc.

The difference between Schedule A and Schedule B bonuses:

1: Individual "A" Bonuses - These are broken into categories like ice time, goals, and plus/minus. Each category has a minimum requirement a team can bonus for (10 goals, for example) and each category may not create more than $215,00 worth of bonuses (you can bonus $100K at 10 goals and then $115K at 15 goals if you want). Total "A" Bonuses can't exceed $850,000.

2: Individual "B" Bonuses - This is kind of a two-part bonus system based on performance comparative to the rest of the league. First off, the league itself will pay the player a bonus outside of his Club-paid salary if he does things like earns a place in the top five for postseason awards like the Hart, Selke, or Vezina; or if he places top ten in the league in offensive/goaltending categories. On top of the league bonuses, the club can pay bonuses of up to $2M to the player for making these awards.

Either way, he is swimming in a pool full of high end prospects fighting for few NHL jobs. I think he has a lot to prove before he gets his NHL shot. I can see them giving the opportunities to their own draft picks over guys they signed as Free agents. I am not saying he's not worth taking a shot on, I am just saying I'd be surprised if he gets a sniff anytime soon unless he comes in and completely forces their hand.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

I don't anticipate anything soon, and would entirely expect him to spend all of 2016/17 in the A outside of maybe a handful of games here and there. Yes you're right about the bonuses, but I was merely speaking of his base contract being maxed out, which I found a little odd for a player undrafted and was only invited on a tryout basis to camp. Surely they could have signed him for cheaper. If/when he gets to the NHL, I expect him to flip to the wing. Either way, a player I guess to monitor next year.

Administrator

Decent prospect to gamble with in a very deep league but there's like a thousand prospects that offer similar hope.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Prodigy

This is what I wish TML would have done with Tyler Bozak way back when instead of giving him like $3-4 million right off the hop and guaranteeing him playing time etc...work your way up! But at the time they needed him I guess.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by burnsy00 View Post
    This is what I wish TML would have done with Tyler Bozak way back when instead of giving him like $3-4 million right off the hop and guaranteeing him playing time etc...work your way up! But at the time they needed him I guess.
    But things ended well for Bozak.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust