Thread: Ilya Sorokin, Adam Mascherin for Reid Boucher, 3rd Round Pick

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Ilya Sorokin, Adam Mascherin for Reid Boucher, 3rd Round Pick

AFHL in sig

I figure Reid Boucher can chip in with 40 ish points, he is under 24 so i can send him up and down the minors to pro team without going through waivers. Also figured Macsherin is 2-3 years away and Sorokin is not coming for 3 more season I believe. By then Boucher could be the 50-60 ish point guy he could be.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Ilya Sorokin, Adam Mascherin for Reid Boucher, 3rd Round Pick

I don't think that Boucher will ever be a 60 pts-guy. You better sit on Sorokin for a couple of years and you will be rewarded.

The Great One

If goalies are overvalued in your league, like they are in every league, then you aren't getting enough value for Sorokin. It's that simple. I can respect if you don't want to wait for him, but you should be maximizing your value if moving him. This deal does not appear to be doing that to me.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    If goalies are overvalued in your league, like they are in every league, then you aren't getting enough value for Sorokin. It's that simple. I can respect if you don't want to wait for him, but you should be maximizing your value if moving him. This deal does not appear to be doing that to me.
    great reply
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    great reply
    great reply to a great post.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I would think with all the hype surrounding Sorokin you would need to add anything to your side of the deal. And I would want better then Boucher and a meh pick in return myself.

Put Sorokin on the block with the hashtag "You want some, come get some"! IMO this is a guy you sell high on and especially high the minute it's announced he's come to North America.

The Great One

Other GMs will show more patience and though you aren't getting a huge return right now due to him a) not being in N A and b) we don't know for definite when he is coming. I would expect better though
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by AngelicAssassin0 View Post
    I would think with all the hype surrounding Sorokin you would need to add anything to your side of the deal. And I would want better then Boucher and a meh pick in return myself.

Put Sorokin on the block with the hashtag "You want some, come get some"! IMO this is a guy you sell high on and especially high the minute it's announced he's come to North America.
    I'm with this. Put him on the block and see what you can get. This is definitely not the best return you can likely manage (Boucher is not a 60 pt ceiling guy).
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Expert

Sorokin is a high level goaltending prospect and probably #1 outside of NA. If Mascherin was 2" taller, he would have been a top-20 pick in the NHL. Regardless he's going to be top 6 winger at the big level.

This is a bad return for 2 blue chippers.