Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pekka Rinne

The Great One

Default Re: Pekka Rinne

I think in Win heavy leagues and less on peripherals he is definitely better suited and serviceable... I worry about his save % more than anything else
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Stud

The issue is his cap hit which makes the thread is this column particularly relevant.

He is the clear top dog on a very competitive team. He has the chops, the contract and the skills and is a top netminder.

Yet he had major hip surgery, then further complications perhaps by trying to return too soon. 33 years old as well...

Despite a very pedestrian S% last season he still won 34 hockey games which is very impressive

I think in any cap league everyone has a contract or two they wish they could get out from under. But as far as contracts and the numbers go I think you can do FAR WORSE than Pekka. If he plays like he did the season before last 40 wins is not only a very real possibility but barring injury likely.

I have him in a non cap league along with Lundqvist and Martin Jones. I have been thinking about which goalie to move. Sadly I think Rinne is probably going to be under valued, and many mistakenly think NY is going to have a down year (they won't) and Jones seems to have so much potential on a strong team yet is probably at an all time high in value... anyway thats off topic.

I would keep Rinne and hope for the best
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    This is something I'm hoping for come draft day. I had him this year and made sure to emphasize his struggles to most the league. He still finished decently well under our scoring (pts only. Wins GA, saves). Looking for him to slide to be a good value pick later on
    My thoughts exactly. If he falls down in the 80-90 range, then I'm jumping on him in a 1yr league.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)