Thread: [Signing] - Schenn signs in the desert

Dobber Sports Titan

Default [Signing] - Schenn signs in the desert

http://www.tsn.ca/coyotes-sign-d-sch...-deal-1.531581

2yr - $2.5millon contract.

Really jams up the bottom pairing for DeAngelo, Murphy, etc.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: [Signing] - Schenn signs in the desert

Thinking somebody might be on the move for the Yotes. Like this though. Think Schenn got a bad rap the last few years but there are countless worse D getting regular time out there.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by AngelicAssassin0 View Post
    Thinking somebody might be on the move for the Yotes. Like this though. Think Schenn got a bad rap the last few years but there are countless worse D getting regular time out there.
    There are worse D, and there are better D on much worse deals. I like it in terms of having some extra D depth on a low risk deal.
    Possible that Stone/Murphy get moved if they are targeting a goalie or something. They don't really seem to need a F from what I can see.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Really jams up the bottom pairing for DeAngelo, Murphy, etc.
    To me this hurts Klas Dahlbeck the most. Murphy is already pretty safe and DeAngelo seems destined for more AHL duty after the way his trade happened.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Murphy
    Stone
    Michalek
    Schenn
    DeAngelo
    Tinordi

This is a lot on your right side. Think it's maybe a safeguard in the event Stone just isn't ready as well as a message to Stone and Murphy in contract negotiations. As well as an acknowledgement that DeAngelo will in fact spend at least the first half season in the minors.

Michalek is going to be hurt at some point and might be better suited as a #7 at this point.

The Great One

how far along are we on the Murphy contract? all gone a little too quiet from what I see... is there a possibility he wants too much and they may move him?
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    how far along are we on the Murphy contract? all gone a little too quiet from what I see... is there a possibility he wants too much and they may move him?
    Last thing I saw, about a week ago was that the sides didn't appear to be close to an agreement. Have nothing on the numbers or term involved though.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Murphy
    Stone
    Michalek
    Schenn
    DeAngelo
    Tinordi

This is a lot on your right side. Think it's maybe a safeguard in the event Stone just isn't ready as well as a message to Stone and Murphy in contract negotiations. As well as an acknowledgement that DeAngelo will in fact spend at least the first half season in the minors.

Michalek is going to be hurt at some point and might be better suited as a #7 at this point.
    Tinordi is a left-handed shot.

Stone and Murphy in the top-4, then Michalek and Schenn fighting for the 3rd pair spot. Both probably scratched a good amount of games to keep both of them fresh.

DeAngelo definitely needs at least one more year in the AHL.

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Tinordi is a left-handed shot.

Stone and Murphy in the top-4, then Michalek and Schenn fighting for the 3rd pair spot. Both probably scratched a good amount of games to keep both of them fresh.

DeAngelo definitely needs at least one more year in the AHL.
    Tinordi is actually McBain. I just spelled it funny, lol!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Tinordi is actually McBain. I just spelled it funny, lol!
    That guy still in the NHL? I guess not for long. Put him on waivers.

McBain looked so great in 2010. Anyone know what happened to him? It's been all downhill from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    That guy still in the NHL? I guess not for long. Put him on waivers.

McBain looked so great in 2010. Anyone know what happened to him? It's been all downhill from there.
    He started getting passed on the depth chart but really McBain is basically an offensive minded defenseman and his defensive shortcomings really became apparent with LA a team that really stressed defensive awareness.

He and Tinordi are likely the callups in case of injury depending on what side they need, at least initially.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    To me this hurts Klas Dahlbeck the most. Murphy is already pretty safe and DeAngelo seems destined for more AHL duty after the way his trade happened.
    Agreed. Murphy is a very solid dman and to me already had a solidified spot. Dahlbeck was a great under the radar guy who provided great peripheral stats for cheap. A steal now likely becomes dead weight on my fantasy roster.