Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Trade Eichel for Forsberg?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Trade Eichel for Forsberg?

If I could get Forsberg and a 1st rounder for Eichel and a 5th rounder (both players are keepers), should I do it? Owner likes Eich...Is Eichel's ceiling too high?

14 Team, Keep 4...G,A, PPP, PIM, BS, +/-, GAA, SV%, W roto

I'm already keeping Tavares, Johnny G and Kucherov

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Trade Eichel for Forsberg?

I actually like this deal. Eichel could still be a few years from breaking out and Forsberg is in his prime. Eichel has the higher ceiling but that's offset by the first rounder. I would definitely consider this deal
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont think it's a bad offer. I would be curious to know what pick you are getting with that 1st round pick if you accepted.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

I think Forsberg is the next Tarasenko, but I don't mean that in an entirely great way. After Tarasenko exploded to 73 points, everyone had him as a lock for 80+ in 2015-16. But as I noted in Cage Match, Tarasenko had hit 73 when his metrics (SOG, Ice Time) were essentially already maxed out, leaving little to no room for further improvement. And sure enough, he posted 74 points in 2016-17. I fear a similar fate with Forsberg, who could likewise stall at 70-75 points. Meanwhile, I think Eichel could easily be an 80 point guy based on his metrics in even posting 56 last season, plus accounting for improvement of the Sabres around him.

Long story short, I'd stick with Eichel.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Master

I'm with Axe, what does the pick swap net you? Without the pick swap, it is a definite NO for me. Keep Eichel.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Icon

Keep 4, 14 team league.

So in the first round of this draft, you are probably looking at high end D-man or really good goalie being available (assuming a lot of teams won't keep goalies in keep 4). Think Doughty/Carlson/Giordano or an Allen/Gibson/Schneider.

In the fifth round you are probably looking at a Daniel Sedin/Jason Spezza/Derrick Brassard kind of player with the D and goalies having been picked through fairly well.

So let's say it's kind of like trading Eichel/Spezza for Forsberg/Carlson. I would pull the trigger on that any day
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I am a huge fan of Forsberg, but as mentioned above... what might you get for the 1st round pick?

- - - Updated - - -

So that makes the deal Forsberg and Carlson for Eichel and Brassard... if that's the case I like the Forsberg side.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    I think Forsberg is the next Tarasenko, but I don't mean that in an entirely great way. After Tarasenko exploded to 73 points, everyone had him as a lock for 80+ in 2015-16. But as I noted in Cage Match, Tarasenko had hit 73 when his metrics (SOG, Ice Time) were essentially already maxed out, leaving little to no room for further improvement. And sure enough, he posted 74 points in 2016-17. I fear a similar fate with Forsberg, who could likewise stall at 70-75 points. Meanwhile, I think Eichel could easily be an 80 point guy based on his metrics in even posting 56 last season, plus accounting for improvement of the Sabres around him.

Long story short, I'd stick with Eichel.
    This was very similar to what I was thinking. The pick upgrade is nice but I'd keep Eichel too

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I am a huge fan of Forsberg, but as mentioned above... what might you get for the 1st round pick?

- - - Updated - - -

So that makes the deal Forsberg and Carlson for Eichel and Brassard... if that's the case I like the Forsberg side.
    Me too, but not by that much... I would almost trade Kucherov.. I think Eichel's ceiling is monstrous. I probably do the deal, but boy, tough...
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Sage

Unless that pick is in the top 3 this is a hard no for me as well.

Eichel should compete with Forsberg this year point wise and leave him behind in 2-3 years time.

In a keep 4 league he is going to be a top 10 player value-wise very soon (if not already).
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Expert

In a keep4 league, you could realistically compete for the title every year with some solid drafting. I'd do the Forsberg+1st for Eichel+5th deal.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Novice

Awesome help guys, thanks. The pick in the first round would be the 7th overall. Not spicy enough?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'd stick with Eichel.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    In a keep4 league, you could realistically compete for the title every year with some solid drafting. I'd do the Forsberg+1st for Eichel+5th deal.
    I agree with this. in Keep 4... you want to keep the 4 best players that will help you win this year. I would think Forsberg is more proven to help you win this year. plus you get a 4 round advantage.

So you get Forsberg, plus your first round pick and his first round pick to help you win this year.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Antwell49 View Post
    Awesome help guys, thanks. The pick in the first round would be the 7th overall. Not spicy enough?
    Yes it's spicy enough. If he really wants Eichel, make him upgrade another pick for you. Ask for his 5th for your 9th. A keeper list of Tavares,Gaudreau,Kucherov,Forsberg isn't out of this world good, but with better picks, you can make up the difference in the draft. Like I said, in a keep4 league, you should be able to compete pretty much every year.
    twitter: @hugotwigg