Default Which goalie will be best?

I have 5 goalies on my team. 2 points for a win extra 3 for a shutout

This is how I rank them today

Mrazek
    Vasilevsky
    Hellebyuck
    Demko
    Subban

I only start 2 so I wanna trade one of them to strengthen another position. I'd have to trade one of the top 2 to get max return. Will I be ok if I do that?

Who will be the best goalie in 3 years from this list?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Which goalie will be best?

How many teams and keepers are kept and the rest of your team?
    12 team with 15 keepers weekly H2H categories (G,A,P.P.P,S.O.G,F.W,Hits,Blks,Pims, G.A.A,SV%,Wins and S.O)
    C/W Schenn Lindholm Keller Namestnikov PLD schmaltz
    C Giroux Stamkos Schiefele Kadri Brassard
    W Gaudreau Okposo Mantha Gallagher Rantanen beauviller
    D Byfuglien Josi Keith Jones Gudas Ellis
    G Schnieder ​Hellebuyck
    I.R Shaw
    Prospects (25 games or less)
    Gilles

The Great One

Would be helpful to have more info on your team and league. How many teams? How many roster spots (pros and/or minors)?

I think Subban is quite awhile from being relevant, and Demko will be on a terrible team. So I wouldn't bank on much for them for quite awhile.

Very hard to say whether you should be moving one of the other three without knowing more about your team and league.

The only way I can say this trade for sure makes sense is if you are embarking on a 10+ year rebuild and enjoying collecting as many prospects as possible.

Dobber Sports Deity

Its hard to say how your league values goalies but in most keepers, I'd think they all have excellent value with Subban being the only exception. It just depends on the other team who's inquiring and their situation. If they are a rebuilding team, any of them are (again, with Subban being the exception) should be considered valuable.

If teams are inquiring and are a contender or close to winning, the top two on your list should be of value to them and should gain the greatest return but should be the hardest to acquire as well.

All you can do is put them on the block and see what type of offers you get. No one says you have to trade any of them, but if someone is willing to the right price, then it's something you need to consider.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

I wouldn't trade any of them before seeing how the situations in Detroit, Tampa and Winnipeg turn out. None of your guys are established starting goalies, so wait until you see what you actually have, and then make the trade. It might take a year or two but if you trade one of them now and one of them doesn't pan out, you're left with only 1 goalie.

The Great One

If im moving one now it is Vas or Helly - rep is through the roof and neither likely to see more than 30 games IMO. If you do move one you do need a goalie back as part of the package as though you have 5 goalies realistically you may not get 82 games out of them IN TOTAL next season
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Ace

I think that in three years' time, Vasilevskiy and Hellebuyck are the best of this list. Mrazec would probably get you the most return right now, too.

The Great One

Problem is with no Mrazek that goaltending looks horrible for next season... Though yes in three years time it looks a whole lot better (though we don't know whether Demko pulls a Schnieder or a Markstrom yet)

The Great One

The thing we don't know is if the rest of his team looks like his goalies, i.e., tons of potential but likely to be terrible for fantasy purposes this year...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

11 teams Keep 35, 8 farm(normally 5, 8 for bottom 4 teams)
    Points only, 2 for win, 3 for shutout for a total of 5

*****we just introduced salary cap. This year will be so high it doesn't matter. By year 3 someone will have to make a trade due to salary reasons, just have to figure out the number. (No one in our league has ever done it so I wanna get a head start on my competition)

Start
    12 forwards
    6 D
    2 Goalies

FORWARDS
    Bjustad - damn you trochek(what do u guys think of him?)
    Drouin - great playoffs. Still want him traded. Yzerman is a psycho
    Ehlers - electric ehlers is a superstar
    Ennis - make or break season
    Giroux - finally some defence coming. Back to stardom
    T. Johnson - he's gotta stop getting injured. He's great but gets little trade value(I'll keep him)
    Lindholm - love this kid
    MacKinnon - get ready for this beast
    RNH - no idea what to think anymore(what are the lines gonna be???)
    W. Nylander - kids amazing
    Panarin - Stud
    Stamkos - 70, 80 or 90??

DEFENCE
    Beaulieu - make or break
    Doughty - team captain
    Pouliot - wtf was the Schultz signing for. Getting worried
    Pulock - stud
    Theodore - even bigger stud
    Zadarov - I like him for a 35 point dman for a long time

GOALIES
    Mrazek - great
    Vasilevsky - what a team infront of him

BENCH AND FARM

Connor - love him long term
    Dvorak - is he a by product of a great junio team??
    Grigorenko - make or break season
    Gurianov - I have high hopes in anything Jim Nill does in Dallas
    Jankowski - make or break season on my team
    Jost - sounds like he can be good
    Keller - so excited he fell to me
    Lee - has to play with Tavares but looks like he locked up 1st PP
    Pearson - needs to play with Kopitar and click to stay
    Point - love this kid in the WJC
    Puljajarvi - wooooooo
    N. Ritchie - beast but is he gonna be fantasy relevant??
    N. Schmaltz - love anything Chicago
    C. Smith - make or break season on my team
    Spooner - he's so shifty. I like what I see
    R. Strome - wtf guy. Biiiig season for him. Can't trade him
    Vessey - hope he's good

DeAngelo - what a donkey. I hope he learns how to play defence
    Honka - where did klingberg come from when I drafted him. Still like his upside
    Sproul - Taking too long.

Hellebyuck - love Winnipeg
    Demko - I like him as a goalie. Vancouver is a different story
    M. Subban - good season to see where he's at

Draft Picks in 2017
    My 1st, late 1st
    My 2nd, mid 2nd
    My 3rd,
    My 4th
    6 more spots I have to think about as the season goes on. And I also have all my 4 picks in 2018 and an extra 4th

Drafted Puljajarvi, Keller, Jost, Dvorak, schmaltz, Point, demko At our draft last weekend

I have to drop one guy on this list. Leaning towards Sproul even though my depth on D is horrendous. (Also dropping hamhuis, Merrill, Martin, Tyutin) I think I would keep Merrill over Sproul if I pull off a 2 for 1

I know I am very shallow on defence but I do have some really good young kids on the way IMO. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not in any rush to move up the standings. (I finished 2nd last and lost our lottery and picked 3rd) I wanna stay bottom four for the extra 3 farm spots

The Great One

This is pretty much what I expected; based on your goalies my hunch is that you aren't really trying to compete now or even that soon.

I guess the question I'd have for you is - you say you want to trade a goalie to fill holes elsewhere? what exactly is the hole you want to fill? You want to finish bottom 4 and with your roster, I'd think there is little risk of you moving up.

TBH, I'd probably just sit tight with what you have. Mrazek is probably the only goalie you have that is a starter next year, but I'm not sure what the point is in trying to move him, given that he fits your current team and current objective.

The Great One

There's enough pieces there that the team could be competitive this season but would mean some really heavy shopping - think you're right though and PPQB looks like they're looking at a long term plan so would hold off moving any goalie unless it is to tank hard

Dobber Sports Titan

Agree with the others. I don't think moving a goalie sets you forward at all, and it will just mean you'll have to overpay for a good one down the road.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by PPQB View Post
    I have 5 goalies on my team. 2 points for a win extra 3 for a shutout

This is how I rank them today

Mrazek
    Vasilevsky
    Hellebyuck

Demko
    Subban

I only start 2 so I wanna trade one of them to strengthen another position. I'd have to trade one of the top 2 to get max return. Will I be ok if I do that?

Who will be the best goalie in 3 years from this list?
    I think Demko will be the BEST goalie on this list in 3 years. However, Vasil & Helle will both find themselves on much better teams in 3 years offsetting any actual skill advantage Demko has.

Also, Vasil & Helle are much closer to becoming starting goalies than Demko at this point - the wildcard is Demko is in Van - he will create a goalie controversy there as soon as y pitches a 1st period shut out.

The difference between the three likely won't be that large. I'd post them all on the block to see which garners the best offer. I'm not sold on Subban & Mrazek is in Det, which seems to be going a bit sideways for the 1st time in 30 years
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I feel like I SHOULD stay pat but the offseason itch is getting to me.

My forwards are good but not great. My defense is shallow but look studly. I guess this is a big season for my team

Any players you see that are young that I should cut bait with early??