Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Kashing in on Karlsson?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Kashing in on Karlsson?

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I don’t think Ghost will come close to being a 60pt a season defenseman. He was sheltered like nuts, and this is a team with Sanheim and Provorov coming into it. I just never saw anything in his game where I was overly amazed at. Karlsson and Klingberg came in and you could see instantly they could dominate a game offensively, Ghost….it’s almost like the kid who’s not good but always scores in your beer league.
    Yikes! You might need glasses! I also think you have a short memory, Karlsson's first two years were very underwhelming, I don't think there was one prognosticator who predicted he would become what he has. He was minus a hundred and looked like he would be a liability and in the NHL it doesn't matter how good your offence is if you aren't at least competent defensively.

Gostisbehere set records and finished with something like .75 ppg better than Klingberg's first year and I believe better than Klingberg this year too.

For your viewing pleasure. Maybe you're right, this doesn't look like a guy who is good at hockey or can dominate offensively.

Finished 2nd '09 , 3rd '10, 3rd '11, 2nd '12, 5th '13, 4th '14, 2nd '15
    16 Team Lifetime Keeper: Total Fantasy Points; Weekly Changes (Mon.) 32 Man Roster
    Dress 2 G, 6 D, 12 F

Keep 17 of 32 and Less Than 41gp Career Including Playoffs
    G=2, A=1, +/-=1, Pim=0.2
    W=4, L= -2, SO=5
    F= Parise, Marleau, Kopitar, Nichushkin ,Schwartz, Nyquist, Backes, Backstrom, Perry, Zetterberg, Thornton, Iginla, Lecavalier, Burrows, Goldobin, Jones, Petan, Virtanen, Vrana
    D= S. Weber, Gostisbehere, McDonagh, Miller, Enstrom, Girardi, Colaiacovo, Boyle, Carrick
    G= Lundqvist, Rinne
    , Tokarski

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Ghost has that quick breakaway stride and twirl that allows him space - its rarely seen anymore - Bobby Orr/Coffey - his limitation is his size but he sold me last year that he has this gift of shiftiness, and a great one-timer.

I think he's a candidate for a 65-70pt dman for a long time. Too bad I had to trade him last year him to acquire Price (had to add 1strounder and MacK too). The guy I traded him to won the league and beat me in the playoffs.
    KFHL - 14 Team H2H keeper,NHLsalcap, protect 17/20, (4D, 3X(C,RW,LW), 2G, filler to 20, plus 2IR) ten waivers picks per season.
    Cats Skaters: G/A/Pts/BLK/HITS/SOG/PIM/GWG/SHP/PPP; Goalies W/SO/GAA/SvPct/SOG
    C: Crosby, Kadri, RNH, Roslovic
    LW: Hall, Lindblom, Kubalic, Bratt, Lemieux, Gurianov
    RW: Palmieri, Niederreiter dropping soon, Wheeler
    D: Chabot, Josi, Gustafsson, Krug, McNabb
    G: Rask, Bishop, Binnington

Banned

Ghost isn't in Karlsson's level.

The Great One

one of the few times I have agreed with the Iron Sheikh... he may get there as his first season has been promising but right now no one trades Karlsson for Ghost and that tells you what you need to
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    LOL.. what sucks about being in this league is that it is full of Dobberites.. We can't post trade evaluations and we probably PM the same people..
    LOL....this is why I don't ask for trade advice! This league has far too many savvy GM's who frequent Dobber's four on a regular basis!
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    Ghost isn't in Karlsson's level.
    No Dman is on Karlsson's level, but for salcap leagues Ghost is so valuable at his low salcap - what Dman returns more for the money?

I 'd have him higher than the 17th spot on the Dobber D-man ranking.
    KFHL - 14 Team H2H keeper,NHLsalcap, protect 17/20, (4D, 3X(C,RW,LW), 2G, filler to 20, plus 2IR) ten waivers picks per season.
    Cats Skaters: G/A/Pts/BLK/HITS/SOG/PIM/GWG/SHP/PPP; Goalies W/SO/GAA/SvPct/SOG
    C: Crosby, Kadri, RNH, Roslovic
    LW: Hall, Lindblom, Kubalic, Bratt, Lemieux, Gurianov
    RW: Palmieri, Niederreiter dropping soon, Wheeler
    D: Chabot, Josi, Gustafsson, Krug, McNabb
    G: Rask, Bishop, Binnington