Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Go

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Pokemon Go

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    Probably. Just like kids got in trouble for breaking windows with baseballs, kicking soccer balls into people's cars, playing hide and go seek in a neighbour's back yard (guilty as charged!) and more.

I don't care that you're acting like 'old man yells at clouds', but just man up to the fact that it's what you're doing!

- - - Updated - - -

LOL. Says the guy with the fake wrestling Icon. This stuff is amazing!
    There's not enough rep around for this comment.

I get that people over 30-35 don't get the pokémon hype. They were too old when it got out. I'm 29, and I remember I was just on the edge of "being too old to play Pokémon" when it got out. I wasn't really into it when I was younger, played some of it on N64 but that's it.

I love Pokemon GO. Most of people's complain about it is always the same thing "Kids are looking at their phones, someone will get hurt". Walk around downtown Montreal (or any city) and you'll see plenty of suits staring at their phones non-stop, there's nothing new there. Smartphone are here to stay, people need to get with the program. I've seen so many positives story come out of people playing Pokémon GO.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Master

If you don't want to admit to playing Pokemon Go, just tell strangers that you are playing Ingress (also by Niantic, using many of the same geographic references).
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    If you don't want to admit to playing Pokemon Go, just tell strangers that you are playing Ingress (also by Niantic, using many of the same geographic references).
    Yeah! They used Ingress's database to collect all the data/geograpgic reference to create the Pokestops. Awesome job from Niantic.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thing is, I don't even think the game is very good. Buggy, shallow gameplay, and just not very interesting to me. But the thing is so many people will play it just because it has Pokemon in it and it's such a cultural phenomenon. I do think things will die down eventually, but it's fun to see people out and about doing something harmless and, relative to binge watching Netflix, active.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Seriously, though.

http://bgr.com/2016/07/13/pokemon-go...ion-collected/

From this article:

No thank you...

Rylant
    Niantic was started by Google. All of this information and more is already being collected by Google or Apple or whatever browser/phone you are using. If you don't believe me and have a google account on your phone, search for Google Locations.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Niantic was started by Google. All of this information and more is already being collected by Google or Apple or whatever browser/phone you are using. If you don't believe me and have a google account on your phone, search for Google Locations.
    Yeah I could sign up for it by logging into Google.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Yeah anybody scared about this is late to the party.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I'm hearing a lot about this everywhere. I'm 42 so I think I'm about a decade beyond when the craze hit. What's the deal?
    I must have missed this "craze" aswell.. I'm afraid some of these pokemon gamers are going to be running across streets, looking at their phones, and possibly get hammered by a vehicle..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

The Wolverine

The words 'natural selection' comes to mind...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36841828

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    Yeah anybody scared about this is late to the party.
    Like very late to the party...considering google has been collecting this kind of information for years relating to phones and web browsers.
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by theIceWookie View Post
    Like very late to the party...considering google has been collecting this kind of information for years relating to phones and web browsers.
    Very suiting... people out collecting Pokémon while google is collecting information, everyone is happy!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Very suiting... people out collecting Pokémon while google is collecting information, everyone is happy!
    What's your plan ? I mean, no need to be google to collect informations about people.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Almost ran over some moronic kid who just walked blindly out in front of a red while playing this today...

The one good thing about this game is over time it will help prune the human race of all the worthless feces stupid enough to get killed while playing

Dobber Sports Stud

I downloaded it to find out what all the fuss was about. I caught something right away and then realized that was the only one in my office. I don't have the time to walk around looking for imaginary stuff, but the premise is interesting.

What made me delete it, was when I was sitting at a red and I turned it on o see if there was any Pokemon at the light. One popped up, so I'm at the light, behind the wheel, phone in the air trying to catch this guy when I realize that catching this Pokemon is not worth the $287 distracted driving ticket I would have gotten if there was a cop sitting behind me.

Is it almost October? I could be checking my fantasy lineup at the red light. That's still not worth the $287, but it's a slightly better excuse I can tell my wife 😉

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Almost ran over some moronic kid who just walked blindly out in front of a red while playing this today...

The one good thing about this game is over time it will help prune the human race of all the worthless feces stupid enough to get killed while playing
    oldman.jpg