Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bobrovsky vs. Luongo - Rep where I can!

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Bobrovsky vs. Luongo - Rep where I can!

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    You're suggesting keeping the extra goalie over Duchene? If there are enough IR slots, I'm not against that idea, as it seems forwards are much more easily redrafted than goalies. Definitely worth considering, and then you have options in terms of trading for G upgrades or not.
    Yes (if the IR rules work out). Finnish Flash says "Goalies are a premium in this league". If this is the case and he is in win now mode he is going to be drafting or trading for a third goalie. Why not just get it out of the way now and focus energy solely on the skaters group. Yes it costs him Duchene/Zibanejad/Jenner but look who his other skater keepers are (awesome).

1. Crosby
    2. Ovy
    3. Stamkos
    4. Kopitar
    5. Backstrom
    6. Tarasenko
    7. Byfuglien

8. Schneider
    9. ??
    10.??

I would like to know the size of the league. More teams = keep 3 goalies. Less teams = keep 2 and draft one.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Yes (if the IR rules work out). Finnish Flash says "Goalies are a premium in this league". If this is the case and he is in win now mode he is going to be drafting or trading for a third goalie. Why not just get it out of the way now and focus energy solely on the skaters group. Yes it costs him Duchene/Zibanejad/Jenner but look who his other skater keepers are (awesome).

1. Crosby
    2. Ovy
    3. Stamkos
    4. Kopitar
    5. Backstrom
    6. Tarasenko
    7. Byfuglien

8. Schneider
    9. ??
    10.??

I would like to know the size of the league. More teams = keep 3 goalies. Less teams = keep 2 and draft one.
    Yeah I completely understand, I'm just not sure that you couldn't trade Duchene and a plus for Lu or a similar goalie at the start of the season. I do agree that it depends on the number of teams.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Yeah I completely understand, I'm just not sure that you couldn't trade Duchene and a plus for Lu or a similar goalie at the start of the season. I do agree that it depends on the number of teams.
    The CATS for goalies are W, SV%, GAA, SO...

It is about having better goalies than just more goalies. Last year Loungo was the 10th ranked goalie in a league with this set up. He is a sneaky good fantasy goalie if you can get past the age bias.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"