Thread: Cam Talbot

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Cam Talbot

With the moves the Oilers are making to become more well rounded, where does Talbot's value stand in a keeper league? Is he a top 15 goalie next year or the year after? Possibly more valuable than Mrazek?
    10 team keep 15 players league, 25 player roster, with H2H categories (G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HITS, W, SV%, SO, GAA)
    C: McDavid, Eichel, Monahan, O' Reilly
    LW: Forsberg, Huberdeau, JVR, Guentzel
    RW: Palmieri, Mark Stone
    D: Hedman, Ristolainen, S. Jones, OEL
    G: Lundqvist or Mike Smith

Farm Team: Demko, Kaprizov, Samsonov

keeping bolded players

The Great One

Default Re: Cam Talbot

A second/third guy based on league size etc. personally I think Mrazek may post slightly better stats but Talbot gets more wins IMO (Talbot also played really well from December so maybe even the stats aren't better either)

personally im selling Mrazek and buying Talbot because I think he's a value add

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    A second/third guy based on league size etc. personally I think Mrazek may post slightly better stats but Talbot gets more wins IMO (Talbot also played really well from December so maybe even the stats aren't better either)

personally im selling Mrazek and buying Talbot because I think he's a value add
    I'm with you on the buy/sell strategy. Talbot is in my 10-15 range for goalies for next year, with the easy possibility to move into the top 10 for the year after.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by uator10 View Post
    With the moves the Oilers are making to become more well rounded, where does Talbot's value stand in a keeper league? Is he a top 15 goalie next year or the year after? Possibly more valuable than Mrazek?
    I was completely on board with keeping Hellebuyck over Talbot in my keep 5 league until I saw the moves the oilers made this offseason.

Now, the fact that Hellboy will be spitting starts with Pavelec vs Talbot is the sole starter on an improved, hopefully less snakebitten by injuries squad(The amount of mangames they lost to important players was staggering last year)............

Yeah, I am keeping Talbot.

Truthfully, while they got robbed for Hall, their blueline is improved and they have a glut of top 6 caliber forwards. In fact they have 2 solid 1st line caliber lines. Assuming they don't have a zillion freak accidents this year, I think a few more bottom 6 adds and a defenseman like Russell added to the fold and they are looking good.

Maroon was scoring at a good clip in the 16 games he played after the trade last year no mater which line he was on. With McDavid/Eberle or Draisaitl/hall, or even PP #2 with Letetsu/RNH. With the arrival of Lucic, Pouliot can be put on the 3rd line where he belongs....OR they can go for 3 strong scoring lines.

Think top 6 overload of: Line 1 Maroon/McDavid/Eberle and line 2 of Lucic/RNH/Draisaitl with Pouliot/Letetsu/Yakupov.
    OR
    Spread the scoring out: Line 1 Pouliot/McDavid/Eberle, line 2 Lucic/Draisaitl/Yakupov and line 3 of Maroon/RNH/Kassian?

Their defense if healthy looks better tho

Klefbom/Larsson
    Sekera/Nurse?
    Davidson/Fayne
    Ference

His sv% and GAA were not bad last year considering the circumstances and his W/L should vastly improve this season.

Larsson is a big add, and Lucic, while not a Hall replacement, is still a strong top 6 winger. Klefbom, McDavid being healthy
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G