Thread: Keeper Line Up Help

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Keeper Line Up Help

Hey everyone...been browsing the boards for a while but this is my first post.

A bit of background, another manager and I took over 2 teams in a 12 person keeper league. We actually did a dispersal draft of the players on the 2 teams to form new teams. I opted for the team with the better draft position (2nd overall and 2nd in each subsequent round) and the other guy got the first overall pick. Neither of the original teams were very good to begin with, but the other manager took Quick with the first pick who was by far the best player on either team. Goalies are a premium in the league, and with the point structure (in my signature below) so are d-men so my draft strategy become to build my team around the best D followed by C's available. It turned out pretty well, but left me weak on the wings and in net.

After fielding a few offers for the 2nd overall pick I went with the best value being offered in Rinne and Palat to help to address some of those issues (though I still have long-term issues in net I'll have to deal with). My full line up is below in my signature, with my currently identified keepers in bold.

What I'm currently trying to do is to identify my last two keepers. Do I keeper 2 skaters, or possibly a third goalie and an extra skater? My goalie options are limited so I don't think that's the best use of one of my keeper positions.

Any advice you guys have would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Puck
    Team:
    C - Bergeron, Brassard, Stastny, Koivu, Bozak,
    L - Schenn (C/L), Palat, Lee (C/L), Cammalleri (C/L), Komarov (C/L)
    R - Palmeiri (L/R), Jokinen (C/L/R), Little (C/R), Skinner (L/R), Hayes, Stafford (L/R), Yakupov (L/R)
    D - Keith, Klingberg, Yandle, Niskanen, Edler, Ehrhoff
    G - Rinne, Miller, Lehtonen, Neuvirth

12 Team Keeper League
    Roster (14 Players Kept): 2C, 2L, 2R, 4D, 2Util, 2G (1 Util can be a G)
    Active Scoring Roster: 3C, 3L, 3R, 5D, 1Util, 2G

Weighted Scoring Categories:
    Skaters
    P: 6
    +/-: 3
    PIM: 1
    PPP: 5
    GWG: 5

Goalies
    W: 15
    GA: -10
    SV: 1
    SHO: 15

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Keeper Line Up Help

Welcome to the forums!

I'm in one similar league wit regards to the scoring and value of goalies, so I know how tough that is.
    Miller has little value this season, and even less moving forward. I would keep both your other goalies over him.
    With the last keeper spot, it would probably be between Lee, Hayes and Little, and I would lean towards Little.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

what EB said

Dobber Sports Recruit

I had Little in another league, but the concussion scares me a bit, as you can never really tell how quickly they'll recover...could be quick or it could be like Skinner who really hasn't been the same since his (until showing signs of his scoring abilitly again last season). Lee was one of the one's I was considering too.

I'm not big on Miller either but had him pegged as a keeper just due to the volume of starts, and the uncertainty around Lehtonen's situation in Dallas. Neuvirth is interesting though as he'll get his fair share of starts and if Mason stumbles he has a shot at getting the majority.
    Team:
    C - Bergeron, Brassard, Stastny, Koivu, Bozak,
    L - Schenn (C/L), Palat, Lee (C/L), Cammalleri (C/L), Komarov (C/L)
    R - Palmeiri (L/R), Jokinen (C/L/R), Little (C/R), Skinner (L/R), Hayes, Stafford (L/R), Yakupov (L/R)
    D - Keith, Klingberg, Yandle, Niskanen, Edler, Ehrhoff
    G - Rinne, Miller, Lehtonen, Neuvirth

12 Team Keeper League
    Roster (14 Players Kept): 2C, 2L, 2R, 4D, 2Util, 2G (1 Util can be a G)
    Active Scoring Roster: 3C, 3L, 3R, 5D, 1Util, 2G

Weighted Scoring Categories:
    Skaters
    P: 6
    +/-: 3
    PIM: 1
    PPP: 5
    GWG: 5

Goalies
    W: 15
    GA: -10
    SV: 1
    SHO: 15

The Great One

problem with Miller is those starts may be ugly... that Canucks team carries little worth owning outside of the top line in one year leagues... I think even Miller shares with Markstrom - no one thinks Miller is back after this year so why play him at the expense of your future when that future looks like it may produce just as well and getting them used to a work load provides long term benefits (or flaws!)

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    problem with Miller is those starts may be ugly... that Canucks team carries little worth owning outside of the top line in one year leagues... I think even Miller shares with Markstrom - no one thinks Miller is back after this year so why play him at the expense of your future when that future looks like it may produce just as well and getting them used to a work load provides long term benefits (or flaws!)
    ^This. In addition to the fact you have negatives for GA. It could get ugly fast.
    Neuvirth s a great secondary option since Mason is one of the most injury prone #1 goalies, and Neuvirth has shown he can run with the job.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)