Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Josh Morrissey vs Shea Theodore

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Josh Morrissey vs Shea Theodore

how do these stack up against eachother points wise?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Josh Morrissey vs Shea Theodore

Pretty even I'd say. Both have high upside and face the battle of opportunity with their respective teams.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Pretty even I'd say. Both have high upside and face the battle of opportunity with their respective teams.
    would you say Deangelo is a tier above those guys? i own deangelo in my money keeper, guys like theo, werenski are already taken

he should be worth a pick up since i only have 4 d men right now lol

Dobber Sports Deity

Right now, it's hard to say just how good Deangelo will be. There's obviously issues there or TB wouldn't have moved him. How he reacts to being traded and treated with his new team is hard to say. Right now, if it was me, I wouldn't be trying too hard to acquire Deangelo.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Theodore and Morrissey will probably be pretty even. DeAngelo is a huge boom or bust prospect. I'm counting on him being more boom than bust (as I own him in my keeper), but feel more comfortable saying the other two are safer bets right now, if not better bets.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

The Great One

Out of the two I think Morrisey might be the easier to acquire but as Axe highlights I think when they get there they will produce similarily - everyone expects Theo to be there earlier so will cost you more

re DeAngelo I think he's worth kicking tyres on, as Bottlenecker says looks like a boom or bust and I know a lot of owners have soured on him quickly so you may not get a better chance to land him

Dobber Sports Pro

I actually think there is a bit more separation between these 3 in terms of upside.

Morrissey- 40pt
    Theodore- 50pt
    DeAngelo- 65pt

But, like it was said before, DeAngelo carries the biggest boom/bust potential. Too many question marks with him still. The other two are more of a safer bet.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    I actually think there is a bit more separation between these 3 in terms of upside.

Morrissey- 40pt
    Theodore- 50pt

DeAngelo- 65pt

But, like it was said before, DeAngelo carries the biggest boom/bust potential. Too many question marks with him still. The other two are more of a safer bet.
    I have Morrissey at 45 and Theodore at 50 which is why I said they were close. However, as stated previously, pretty sure they both get well within that predicted range.

DeAngelo may never play in the NHL, so while 65 points seems like the best bet, he isn't nearly as safe a pick.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I've seen both players (more of Theodore) and I don't think they're that close. Theodore is the real deal and if it wasn't for the fact that the Ducks hired Mr. Carlyle to coach the team I'd have him as a sleeper Rookie of Year candidate. Theodore is ready right now, and his defensive game is good enough to let him get plenty of 5x5 minutes.

Morrissey hasn't necessarily regressed but he hasn't made big strides forward either. The biggest indictment against him (and supporting my argument for Theodore) is that he's got less competition for quality minutes than Theodore but he hasn't been able to solidify a place in the line-up. Theodore impressed enough that the Ducks are going to trade Fowler this off-season.

The Great One

Though he contributes to Fowler being available it is also an internal cap issue

not sure I agree that the Pegs d makes it easier for Morrisey either as their current contracts handcuff them a bit

Dobber Sports Titan

I have Theo a bit above Morrissey (as more of a 2-way guy), as well as Theodore being closer to making the NHL. So I go with him.

As for Deangelo, huge upside, but his value is pretty low right now. Not the time to sell.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

Morrissey has frightened me a bit with his offensive transition to the AHL. He did start to look a lot more comfortable in the second half of last season, but I think he'll be more of a 25-30 point player in the NHL. I'd love to be wrong though, I've been scouting him for five years and he looked like a potential all-around top-pairing guy.

I wouldn't say that today, but he still has top four upside.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Davola View Post
    Morrissey has frightened me a bit with his offensive transition to the AHL. He did start to look a lot more comfortable in the second half of last season, but I think he'll be more of a 25-30 point player in the NHL. I'd love to be wrong though, I've been scouting him for five years and he looked like a potential all-around top-pairing guy.

I wouldn't say that today, but he still has top four upside.
    It's very difficult to gauge Morrissey right now, because that Moose team last year was horrible. Pretty hard to put up points when the team's highest scoring forward notched 40 points in 73 games. Like you, I'm not as certain about him these days, but he didn't have the best support last year. This year should be a bit more telling, wherever he plays.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    It's very difficult to gauge Morrissey right now, because that Moose team last year was horrible. Pretty hard to put up points when the team's highest scoring forward notched 40 points in 73 games. Like you, I'm not as certain about him these days, but he didn't have the best support last year. This year should be a bit more telling, wherever he plays.
    I agree that his terrible team factors in greatly. That must be extra difficult coming from Mem Cup experience with Kelowna after experiencing little in the way of success with P.A.

I watched a number of his games the last two seasons and up and until about January 2016 he looked slow and unsure on a lot of plays, while still showing signs of the strong puck moving and good stick work that made him a great junior player.

Through 2016 however, he looked quicker and more comfortable on the ice and even ran the PP for a time.

I like him as a player still, but he'll need to take another big step forward next year with the Moose and then hopefully crack the Jets' roster in 2018-19.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Davola View Post
    I agree that his terrible team factors in greatly. That must be extra difficult coming from Mem Cup experience with Kelowna after experiencing little in the way of success with P.A.

I watched a number of his games the last two seasons and up and until about January 2016 he looked slow and unsure on a lot of plays, while still showing signs of the strong puck moving and good stick work that made him a great junior player.

Through 2016 however, he looked quicker and more comfortable on the ice and even ran the PP for a time.

I like him as a player still, but he'll need to take another big step forward next year with the Moose and then hopefully crack the Jets' roster in 2018-19.
    This is what I see for him as well. Whether it be reality or a dream, I think it's the most realistic progression.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)