Thread: [Trade] P.K. Subban for Shea Weber

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: [Trade] P.K. Subban for Shea Weber

Jonathan Toews on Twitter:

Hey Webs good luck in Montreal thanks for leaving our division! #relief

https://twitter.com/JonathanToews/st...60259815260161

Dobber Sports Master

Big marketing plus for Nashville too... PK's big personality will market well in Nashville
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Titan

I have a friend in Nashville for work right now, I texted her asking if the place was going crazy. No reply yet. She might have been lost in the curfufle of crying fans
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ace

I don't even know what to say here. Other then I feel really really bad for habs fans(never thought I'd say that ever) looking forward to seeing the riots in Montreal on the news tonight
    14 team h/h dynasty
    Stats, G A PTS PIM +/- PPP SHP GWG shts TOI hts/blks W sv% gaa SO
    $89 mill salary cap, cap hits
    minors- players under 60 gms, goalies under 30 gms
    3c 3lw 3rw 4d 2util 1goal
    max 23 plyr rstr, 15 minors

CENTERS Kuznetsov, Necas, Petterson, Hughes, D.Strome, Seguin, Hayes, Scheifele
    LEFTWING Gaudreau, Mantha, Forsberg, Keller
    RIGHTWING Kakko , Debrincat, Thomas, Konecny
    D-MEN Girard, Provorov, McCavoy, Dobson, Makar
    GOALIES Gibson, Shesterkin, Sorokin
    IR
    MINORS Brannstrom, Kostin, Dennisenko, Kaprizov, Tippett, Cozens, Tolvanen, Zegras, Byfield , Vessalainen, K.Miller, Kyrou, Janik, Bokk, Lundell, Heinola, Hoglander, Lundkvist

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm a huge Hab fan and PK Subban fan and even I know you guys are being silly.

A) there's a 3 year age difference, big whoop
    B) Weber makes less ($1.15 million extra is a huge bonus for Montreal)
    C) Weber just had his 3rd best offensive season ever
    D) Weber > Subban at real life hockey, take off your fantasy glasses for a moment
    E) speculation on locker room issues aside, Weber is a known class act and leader

This is a good trade for both teams and not some kind of steal like you guys are making it out to be. This ain't Hall for Larsson!!!
    PTKL - '18 and '19 Back to Back League Champion!
    12 team league, 20 players per team
    Count top 9 F, 4 D, 1 G
    Points only for F and D
    G Stats: W = 1, SO = 1, Saves (0.04 per save), Goals Against (-0.2 per goal), G and A also count

F: Barkov, Bergeron, Dadonov, Getzlaf, Hertl, Marchand, Olofsson, Pacioretty, Pavelski, Radulov, Stone, Wheeler, Zuccarello
    D: Krug, Letang, Petry, Rielly, Weber
    G: Fleury, Price

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I have a friend in Nashville for work right now, I texted her asking if the place was going crazy. No reply yet. She might have been lost in the curfufle of crying fans
    Why are they crying? Tears of Joy?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beatnik_uwo View Post
    I'm a huge Hab fan and PK Subban fan and even I know you guys are being silly.

A) there's a 3 year age difference, big whoop
    B) Weber makes less ($1.15 million extra is a huge bonus for Montreal)
    C) Weber just had his 3rd best offensive season ever
    D) Weber > Subban at real life hockey, take off your fantasy glasses for a moment
    E) speculation on locker room issues aside, Weber is a known class act and leader

This is a good trade for both teams and not some kind of steal like you guys are making it out to be. This ain't Hall for Larsson!!!
    You're going to be really uh....underwhelmed at what Weber can't generate without Josi doing it for him.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Big marketing plus for Nashville too... PK's big personality will market well in Nashville
    Let's hope it doesn't get too big, he's already proven too hot to handle for one organization.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post

You're going to be really uh....underwhelmed at what Weber can't generate without Josi doing it for him.
    You mean that was all Josi even when Josi wasn't there? Crazy!!!

Well I'm not going to change your mind but Weber is the elite of the elite and on a defence first team like Montreal him + $1.15 million > Subban.
    Count top 9 F, 4 D, 1 G
    Points only for F and D
    G Stats: W = 1, SO = 1, Saves (0.04 per save), Goals Against (-0.2 per goal), G and A also count

F: Barkov, Bergeron, Dadonov, Getzlaf, Hertl, Marchand, Olofsson, Pacioretty, Pavelski, Radulov, Stone, Wheeler, Zuccarello

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

As a fourth-generation Habs fan, I absolutely love this deal. Shea Weber baby! Obviously everyone out there is siding with the charismatic, in-your-face, stylish offensively dynamic Subban. He's an exciting player and a treat to watch. Doesn't mean he fits Montreal's system. Same deal with Weber, Nashville has gone all out on the offence and his fit with that club isn't what it used to be.

Habs got better. Nashville got better. Looking forward to 105mph slappers that can actually hit the net on during Montreal powerplays. Couldn't be more stoked.

See yall in playoffs

Well I'm not going to change your mind but Weber is the elite of the elite and on a defence first team like Montreal him + $1.15 million > Subban.
    Crazy how players abilities to generate offense can change over the years. 2 of Weber's three best offensive seasons have come beside Josi, and his third one was 8 years ago. So. Weber is elite but declining, and his play style doesn't age well, and he's certainly not in the "elite of elite" category anymore.

Dobber Sports Pro

You are getting "30 year old carried by Josi" Weber not "3 years ago" Weber. Unless Bergevin got a time machine in that deal. Subban routinely kept the puck in teh other teams end, and was really the only MTL dman to do that, while Weber... didn't by himself and hasn't for a few seasons now.

i agree once again, triple time, with raytaylor
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Superstar

If I told you that Weber has a $7.8 mill cap-hit through 2025-26, would that change your mind about what a bargain he is?

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Wow, the hockey community clearly worships at the altar of offence and youth. Subban's 27, Weber's 30. Big deal. I'm a Habs fan and I wanna win. I wouldn't be surprised if Weber outlasts PK - that kind of defender tends to play well into their 30s. Their offence is basically a wash except PK gives the puck up twice as much as Weber.

Last 3 Regular Seasons:
    Subban- 232 GPs, 164 PTS, 301 Giveaways
    Weber-235 GPs, 152 PTS, 142 Giveaways

So much fury over his contract - give me a break. When PK's $9m cap hit ends, the Habs will owe Weber $5m/3 years. Before that? Cap space baby.

Weber makes the Habs better. He's the kind of dman they need, clearly not the kind of dman fans want. Is the deal sexy? No. But it's going to pay off when the Habs are in the playoffs. Mark it down.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    If I told you that Weber has a $7.8 mill cap-hit through 2025-26, would that change your mind about what a bargain he is?
    No, he makes real money 6 million or less starting in 2018-19. And he makes real money $3 million or less from 2022-23 on. We'll be able to move that contract to a team trying to reach the floor if need be.
    Count top 9 F, 4 D, 1 G
    Points only for F and D

Quote Originally Posted by HabsBlood View Post
    Wow, the hockey community clearly worships at the altar of offence and youth. Subban's 27, Weber's 30. Big deal. I'm a Habs fan and I wanna win. I wouldn't be surprised if Weber outlasts PK - that kind of defender tends to play well into their 30s. Their offence is basically a wash except PK gives the puck up twice as much as Weber.

Last 3 Regular Seasons:
    Subban- 232 GPs, 164 PTS, 301 Giveaways
    Weber-235 GPs, 152 PTS, 142 Giveaways

So much fury over his contract - give me a break. When PK's $9m cap hit ends, the Habs will owe Weber $5m/3 years. Before that? Cap space baby.

Weber makes the Habs better. He's the kind of dman they need, clearly not the kind of dman fans want. Is the deal sexy? No. But it's going to pay off when the Habs are in the playoffs. Mark it down.
    Weber is actually the exact kind of game that will age terribly lol. Already below average foot speed, that isn't going to improve. And the league is getting faster, not slower. That's a bad combination.