Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: [Trade] P.K. Subban for Shea Weber

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: [Trade] P.K. Subban for Shea Weber

So did anyone ever find out the real reason why Subban was traded out of MTL cause it's obviously not a hockey trade? Definitely there was something wrong in the locker room, was it attitude or his teammates disliking him, or maybe he was sleeping around with other player's wives?
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Okay. I was just trying to gauge whether it was a fact that they are the biggest and most important hockey market, or merely a fan's opinion. Thus, I was hoping for some actual numbers.

Per Forbes:
    Rangers revenue 2015 $229mil, gate receipts $106mil, revenue per fan $34
    Canadiens revenue 2015 $219mil, gate receipts $86mil, revenue per fan $57

Yankees revenue 2015 $516mil, gate receipts $259mil, revenue per fan $54
    Redsocks revenue 2015 $398mil, gate receipts $176mil, revenue per fan $86

Not the most apt metaphor. Canadiens, Rangers, Leafs are pretty much equal at the top and there doesn't appear to really be a dominant "Yankees" of hockey.

Again, not trying to be a punk. I just think in terms of numbers so when I hear statements like that I feel the need to see if numbers back it up. We can certainly agree that the Habs are a way bigger market than the Preds! Thanks for humoring me.
    Good deal. Not being a punk at all. Thanks for the effort, rep to you.

I was thinking of saying something, but I figured the Habs revenue had to be pretty high. BUt revenue ain't everything. I kinda doubt that every hockey player aspires to be a Hab right now.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    So did anyone ever find out the real reason why Subban was traded out of MTL cause it's obviously not a hockey trade? Definitely there was something wrong in the locker room, was it attitude or his teammates disliking him, or maybe he was sleeping around with other player's wives?
    I don't know for sure, but I'd say there definitely was a rift there somewhere. They didn't exactly get taken to the cleaners on this trade (although I'd say that they clearly lost) so it's hard to gauge the level of desperation.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Hyperbole to make a point. I wonder if some of the numbers have to do with the fact that the report is in USD and the people in at the gate in Canada pay in CAD so the prices would have to be adjusted to reflect that, but perhaps it was already reflected. In either case, as I said, hyperbole to make a point, which is one is heading to a small potatoes hockey market, while the other is heading to a giant.
    Okay, fair enough. Nothing wrong with hyperbole to make a point as long as one is willing to admit to it.

As for currency, I am pretty sure Forbes converted it all to US Dollars for fair comparison. If their gate receipts were CAD 86mil then that would only be 66mil USD and they would be further behind in total revenue.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I dunno why anyone bothers mentioning the cap recapture penalty with Weber when talking about this trade. That factor exists regardless, independent of the trade.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    Good deal. Not being a punk at all. Thanks for the effort, rep to you.

I was thinking of saying something, but I figured the Habs revenue had to be pretty high. BUt revenue ain't everything. I kinda doubt that every hockey player aspires to be a Hab right now.
    The numbers may be skewed by the exchange. I'm betting the numbers listed are in USD whereas most of the Habs revenue is in CAD... at an $0.85 + dollar I think the Habs will have an edge, under $0.80 though?
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I dunno why anyone bothers mentioning the cap recapture penalty with Weber when talking about this trade. That factor exists regardless, independent of the trade.
    Either way isn't Nashville the team on the hook for the bulk of Weber's recapture penalty? Just like the Canucks are on the hook for most of Luongo's recapture penalty if he retires early?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Either way isn't Nashville the team on the hook for the bulk of Weber's recapture penalty? Just like the Canucks are on the hook for most of Luongo's recapture penalty if he retires early?
    Yes exactly. But this trade doesn't bring the recapture penalty to the forefront. It was always there, trade or no trade. So it's pretty much irrelevant when discussing the trade. Nashville has marginally less control over the system, but they barely had any control anyways.

Dobber Sports Pro

Yes exactly. But this trade doesn't bring the recapture penalty to the forefront. It was always there, trade or no trade. So it's pretty much irrelevant when discussing the trade. Nashville has marginally less control over the system, but they barely had any control anyways.
    Gotcha. Makes sense.

Dobber Sports Master

That is a good point.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    I don't know for sure, but I'd say there definitely was a rift there somewhere. They didn't exactly get taken to the cleaners on this trade (although I'd say that they clearly lost) so it's hard to gauge the level of desperation.
    I chalk it up to that so far, with all else being so close. Hard to believe it was so bad as to justify a sideways deal for an older player who some say has better leadership qualities (though I disagree with that). I would love to find out but I doubt we ever will.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Guru

On Marek vs. Wyshynski today, they mentioned that this would possibly be a non-factor after the next CBA discussions. Nobody seems to like this rule.
    With the Preds in particular, it's stupid because they didn't even offer the contract they'll get penalized for -- they matched an offer sheet.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Titan

Was bringing it up just to show that Montreal doesn't really stand to lose as much on the back end of Weber's deal. I agree that the trade isn't actually impacted by it though.

Also AgentZero, I can understand where you're coming from as a discouraged fan. I'm just trying to show you that there is reason to be optimistic.
    This has been beaten to death a little bit though, so I'm happy to leave it at being excited for next season.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Master

At the end of the day, I see it like this... The Habs traded away Scarlett Johansson and received Sarah Jessica Parker.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Does this negatively affect Carey Price...with his BFF dealt away? I would think not, but...
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket