Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I can keep 4 players...Help

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default I can keep 4 players...Help

Hi all, I can keep 4 players...my D is stacked with Klingberg, Josi, Carlson, Ghost and Giordano...I'm looking at keeping 3 D and 1 forward (Giroux)...not sure who to keep...was thinking Klingberg, Carlson and Josi...also my goalies are Elliott, Jones and Crawford...would you keep one of them instead of having 3 D?...any help is appreciated.

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: I can keep 4 players...Help

Welcome to the boards! To really help you out, a little more information would be beneficial. What are your scoring categories? What does your entire roster look like? How many teams in the league? Salary cap or no? These usually help to give the best answer for your keepers. The more information the better.

Dobber Sports Ace

League info please
    14 team h/h dynasty
    Stats, G A PTS PIM +/- PPP SHP GWG shts TOI hts/blks W sv% gaa SO
    $89 mill salary cap, cap hits
    minors- players under 60 gms, goalies under 30 gms
    3c 3lw 3rw 4d 2util 1goal
    max 23 plyr rstr, 15 minors

CENTERS Kuznetsov, Necas, Petterson, Hughes, D.Strome, Seguin, Hayes, Scheifele
    LEFTWING Gaudreau, Mantha, Forsberg, Keller
    RIGHTWING Kakko , Debrincat, Thomas, Konecny
    D-MEN Girard, Provorov, McCavoy, Dobson, Makar
    GOALIES Gibson, Shesterkin, Sorokin
    IR
    MINORS Brannstrom, Kostin, Dennisenko, Kaprizov, Tippett, Cozens, Tolvanen, Zegras, Byfield , Vessalainen, K.Miller, Kyrou, Janik, Bokk, Lundell, Heinola, Hoglander, Lundkvist

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks, sorry about that...10 team league, 4 keepers, H2H, no cap, cats are G A FW SOG PPP SHP HITS W GAA SV SO...we are looking at adding BLKS and removing FW

My roster is Stepan, Hossa, Wheeler, Kucherov, B. Schenn, Voracek, Barkov, Schwartz, Giroux, Klingberg, Carlson, Josi, Ghost, Giordano, Crawford, Jones, Elliot

Dobber Sports Master

A second welcome to the boards, Section 13.

Agree with goldendelicious in that if we knew what categories count in your league, we can give you a more educated, and thus helpful, response.
    My first impression is that in a keep 4 league, you don't want to keep three defensemen. Just my first impression though. It really matters how many teams there are, what kind of Free Agents are available (or are expected to be available) and whether or not their is salary involved too.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Deity

Welcome to the forums.

So you say you are "looking at" replacing FOW and adding blocks. I assume this decision will be made before you have to submit your keeper list. That's kind of important to know before making any decisions about keepers.

Assuming your league keeps FOW, my four keepers would be:

Giroux, Kucherov, Barkov, Klingberg.

There's no way I'd keep extra D over young stud forwards like Barkov and Kucherov.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Section13 View Post
    Thanks, sorry about that...10 team league, 4 keepers, H2H, no cap, cats are G A FW SOG PPP SHP HITS W GAA SV SO...we are looking at adding BLKS and removing FW

My roster is Stepan, Hossa, Wheeler, Kucherov, B. Schenn, Voracek, Barkov, Schwartz, Giroux, Klingberg, Carlson, Josi, Ghost, Giordano, Crawford, Jones, Elliot
    Really tough choice there. Giroux, Kucherov, Josi and Klingberg are my four, but easy cases could be made for Jones, Crawford, Carlson, Gio, Voracek, Barkov or Wheeler.
    Any chance you can trade the extras off for picks? Or look into packaging something like Giroux and Carlson for Tavares?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

I many assets there - as EB says I would be looking to land extra picks if possible. Some of those guys have huge name recognition and should bring decent returns

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm with Eskimo Brother here.

Giroux
    Kucherov
    Klingberg
    Josi

I like to keep one goalie in my leagues, unless I have a clear top 4, so I'd also consider Jones instead of Josi. Try to package a couple for an upgrade

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by brakli View Post
    I'm with Eskimo Brother here.

Giroux
    Kucherov
    Klingberg
    Josi

I like to keep one goalie in my leagues, unless I have a clear top 4, so I'd also consider Jones instead of Josi. Try to package a couple for an upgrade
    I may be a teensy bit biased here towards Josi (so take this with a grain of salt) but if I was dropping a D it would be Kling. Yes he is a monster point producer, but he doesn't have the hits, nor anywhere close to the blocks that Josi does, while Josi may finish all of only 5 or 10 points behind Kling. Josi is also just much more proven, and doesn't have the goalie controversy behind him. In addition Dallas' D is losing Goli and Russel, which won't be easier on Kling.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Star

You shouldn't keep 3 dmen in a keep 4. Giroux, Kucherov, Klingberg, and Josi looks good.

I think you will be able to get a good starter in the draft in a keep 4, so no need to keep one of your goalies.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I always figure it's harder to find stud D then to find offensive forwards that's why I was considering keeping 3 D. Then I could just focus on drafting forwards and goalies with my D mostly done...I also don't have a 1st or 2nd round pick this year and there is no off season trading.

Dobber Sports Ace

I always figure it's harder to find stud D then to find offensive forwards that's why I was considering keeping 3 D. Then I could just focus on drafting forwards and goalies with my D mostly done...I also don't have a 1st or 2nd round pick this year and there is no off season trading.
    There's nothing wrong keeping 3D in a keep 4. It just all depends on the stats and the roster requirements. I see the stats, can you also provide your starting line-up requirements?
    12 team Rotisserie league (No positional requirements: 7 Keepers of which 2 must be Farm eligible).
    Active Roster consists of: 6 FW, 4 D, 2 G and 6 Bench.
    Scoring Cats: G (10x), A (10x), SOG (10x), HT (10x), BS (10x), PIM (10x), TK (10x), +/- (5x); W (10x), SV (10x), SO (5x)

FW: ​Draisaitl, Pastrnak, Keller, Jarvis, Barbashev, Kyrou, Raymond
    D: Dobson, Nurse, Sergachev, Andersson, Zadorov, York
    G: Oettinger, Raanta, Copley, Vejmelka
    IR: Hamilton
    Farm (165 games for F/D and 100 games for G): Wolf, Fantilli

Dobber Sports Sophomore

4 D, 2 G, 2 C, 1 LW, 1 RW, 2 W...usually 3 guys on the bench if you have a full line up that night...no min starts for goalies...I also like having 2 flex spots to add guys on hot streaks...and 3 adds per week and unlimited trades.

Dobber Sports Ace

4 D, 2 G, 2 C, 1 LW, 1 RW, 2 W...usually 3 guys on the bench if you have a full line up that night...no min starts for goalies...I also like having 2 flex spots to add guys on hot streaks...and 3 adds per week and unlimited trades.
    Thx. JMO, in a keep 4, you keep elite players - regardless of position or age. Ideally I would keep 2 FW and 2 D, but in your case, I'd keep Giroux, Josi, Giordano, Klingberg. You can make arguments in keeping Carlson or even Crawford over Klingberg. Only because Kling is unproven.

Lots of 70 point forwards will be available in the draft so I'm not as high on Kucherov.

Hope this helps.

MJF
    12 team Rotisserie league (No positional requirements: 7 Keepers of which 2 must be Farm eligible).
    Active Roster consists of: 6 FW, 4 D, 2 G and 6 Bench.
    Scoring Cats: G (10x), A (10x), SOG (10x), HT (10x), BS (10x), PIM (10x), TK (10x), +/- (5x); W (10x), SV (10x), SO (5x)

FW: ​Draisaitl, Pastrnak, Keller, Jarvis, Barbashev, Kyrou, Raymond
    D: Dobson, Nurse, Sergachev, Andersson, Zadorov, York
    G: Oettinger, Raanta, Copley, Vejmelka
    IR: Hamilton
    Farm (165 games for F/D and 100 games for G): Wolf, Fantilli