Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Deangelo in arizona

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Deangelo in arizona

i was really looking forward to drafting Deangelo this year i was wondering if this trade hurts or improves his value
    12 team with 15 keepers weekly H2H categories (G,A,P.P.P,S.O.G,F.W,Hits,Blks,Pims, G.A.A,SV%,Wins and S.O)
    C/W Schenn Lindholm Keller Namestnikov PLD schmaltz
    C Giroux Stamkos Schiefele Kadri Brassard
    W Gaudreau Okposo Mantha Gallagher Rantanen beauviller
    D Byfuglien Josi Keith Jones Gudas Ellis
    G Schnieder ​Hellebuyck
    I.R Shaw
    Prospects (25 games or less)
    Gilles

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Deangelo in arizona

This year it improves it. Less depth of D in Arz, however the PP time is mainly soaked up by OEL. So he may be a little capped over the next 3 years until a decision is made with OEL and his contract.
    There is also the potential that OEL (lefty) and DeAngelo (righty) make some magic on the top PP together, in which case he could be a 60 point D as early as 2017-2018.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think he arrives sooner to the nhl with Arizona. His +\- will likely not be great with Arizona but I bet he'll be just as good there.

Dobber Sports Guru

I dunno. That's a small return for him. Makes me wonder if he's not as valued as Fantasy poolies want to believe he is.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

I...am your father.

I don't like it. Something fishy. TBL gave up on him quickly, there was no obvious reason for it, and they gave up a lower pick than when they drafted him even though it was FAR too soon to give up on him. They gave up on him as if he was a 23-year-old fading prospect (such as Grimaldi), when he's in fact a 20-year-old. There is something underlying here and I don't like it. I would have drafted him first round in my draft. Now I wouldn't take him in the second round. I'd settle for third. Potential TJ Brennan? I don't like it, doesn't feel right at all.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I don't like it. Something fishy. TBL gave up on him quickly, there was no obvious reason for it, and they gave up a lower pick than when they drafted him even though it was FAR too soon to give up on him. They gave up on him as if he was a 23-year-old fading prospect (such as Grimaldi), when he's in fact a 20-year-old. There is something underlying here and I don't like it. I would have drafted him first round in my draft. Now I wouldn't take him in the second round. I'd settle for third. Potential TJ Brennan? I don't like it, doesn't feel right at all.
    Yep, way way strange.

Agreed - he never gave me warm & fuzzies, I was never quite convinced with him. Great potential, obviously, but still needs defensive improvement. TB didn't like something. They do have a lot of $ tied up in their back end, and maybe Koekkoek's play plus the pick made him expendable. Still, why take lesser value?

20-team NHL cap keeper; auction salaries w/contracts; 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 3B, 18 farm
    H2H Cat Wins: G, A, Pts, 2G+A, DPts, PIM, SOG, Hits, Blks, FO%, STG, GWG, G Wins, GAA, Save %, ShO
    C: Stamkos, Toews, DRyan, Compher, Fisher, Haula
    LW: Lucic, Tkachuk, Eriksson Ek, Connor
    RW: Radulov, Tarasenko, JWilliams, Point, Callahan
    D: Braun, Del Zotto, McNabb, CMiller, Petry, Subban, Butcher
    G: Andersen, Rinne
    Farm: Anderson-Dolan, Beaudin, O?Regan, Suzuki, Kayumov, Bastian, Pu, Meloche, Pionk, Poolman, Montembault, Hill

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I was goingto mention something about TJ Brennan in my post too, but thought I would give him another year with a fresh start before labelling him like that.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

guys, it's not exactly the thread, but as far as value is concerned, someone in my league obviously want to react on this and asked for my deangelo plus #7 in the entry draft, likely keller, for his #4, dubois. should i pull the trigger?
    105 teams (7 divisions of 15 teams with indivual drafts), Regular Season Points Total, Playoffs H2H Points, One Year League $$$
    Start 4F, 4D, 2U, 2G daily, 5 bench
    G, A, +/- (important cat), PIM, PPG, SHG, SHA, GWG, HAT, SOG, WIN, GA, SV, SO, OTL

F:
    D:
    G:
    IR:

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by louba5 View Post
    guys, it's not exactly the thread, but as far as value is concerned, someone in my league obviously want to react on this and asked for my deangelo plus #7 in the entry draft, likely keller, for his #4, dubois. should i pull the trigger?
    I say yes trade him, but not for this. Fantasy wise I like Keller better than Dubois.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by plug View Post
    I say yes trade him, but not for this. Fantasy wise I like Keller better than Dubois.
    I'm with this. The idea is good, but Dubois for Keller + is probably not worth it.

The Great One

Yzerman is saying all the right things - human decision based on wanting him to play at the NHL level, liked who they could get at 37, saw them as a first rounder too etc

IF he doesn't make the Yotes to start the season then I begin to panic

Yzerman and company know far more then anyone here can guess. Dumping a offensive d prospect for a 3rd lol means there are major underlying issues. It's safe to say they peddled him around and found the 27 year old new Arizona gm as the only sucker. When I saw Detroit management laughing after they dumped that salary to move down 4 picks on this 27 year old GM I knew this guy was a tool. Why the hell would anyone in Arizona ownership think it's a good idea to hire a 27 year old as a GM. It's an old boys league with old school GM's.

The Great One

I'm wondering if character issues is coming into play, beyond the obvious that Deangelo can't play defence to save his life...

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by ds760 View Post
    Yzerman and company know far more then anyone here can guess. Dumping a offensive d prospect for a 3rd lol means there are major underlying issues. It's safe to say they peddled him around and found the 27 year old new Arizona gm as the only sucker. When I saw Detroit management laughing after they dumped that salary to move down 4 picks on this 27 year old GM I knew this guy was a tool. Why the hell would anyone in Arizona ownership think it's a good idea to hire a 27 year old as a GM. It's an old boys league with old school GM's.
    If I understand it correctly, Arizona will pay Datsyuk nothing, but get "charged" a $7.5 million cap hit. Assuming they are close to a floor team, this deal could save them $7 million in cash. I think they might be pretty happy with that.