Thread: Keep 5

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Keep 5

I'm new to the forums so thanks for having me. I'm in a keeper league of 14 teams in which we have 15 players total. 2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 2 G. We are around to keep any 5 of your choosing. The stats for the league are as follows: G,A,+/-, PPP, SOG, PIM, GWG, W, SHO and SV %. My team at the end of the year consisted of: Ovechkin, Simmonds, Getzlaf, Hall, T. Johnson, Galchenyuk, Hertl, B. Schenn, Boedker, Abdelkader, Letang, Klingberg, Pietrangelo, Rinne and Varlamov. For the league 8 teams make it to the playoffs. With this team I finished in second. I'm having a tough time figuring out who to keep for the last couple spots. So far I'm sticking with Ovechkin, Hall, Klingberg and Letang. Trying to decided on the last spot and if I should only take one defenseman. Thanks in advance for your help.

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Keep 5

First off, welcome to the forums! You have some tough choices and I can see some value to keeping Varlamov or Rinne as your final spot. However, I would lean with TJ as my keeper. Galchenyuk is also another option but figure bigger role for Johnson and bounce back next year. I would try to package Galchenyuk with one of your goalies for an upgrade at goaltender and then make that the final keeper. As it stands right now though, I'd have a hard time cutting one of Letang or Klingberg so I don't see a bad move in you keeping 2D here.

Dobber Sports Genius

Ovi
    Hall
    Letang
    Klingberg
    Rinne
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Superstar

Ovechkin
    Hall
    Simmonds
    Letang
    Rinne
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FOW(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    Ovechkin
    Hall
    Simmonds
    Letang
    Rinne
    I was thinking Simmonds as well. I would keep Klingberg over Rinne though. He may be a solid starter, but I think you can draft a couple guys close to his value with goalies only having three categories. Klingberg and his PPP are also too valuable to let go IMO.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I was thinking Simmonds as well. I would keep Klingberg over Rinne though. He may be a solid starter, but I think you can draft a couple guys close to his value with goalies only having three categories. Klingberg and his PPP are also too valuable to let go IMO.

def tough to choose from his group, I selected Rinne under assumption goalies will be scarce and everyone will be keeping at least one; he's also a pure workhorse with no competition/danger to his starts throughout the year is why I always have him on draft radar. Had hits been a category as well Simmonds would be a MUST keep but if person swapped him for Klingberg I would understand. Simmonds should always be considered as a keeper because of the coverage and he is also a goal scorer who can put up PP points. Klingerg is going to miss Goligoski more than people think I feel, his plus minus is def going to take a hit with his departure.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FOW(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    def tough to choose from his group, I selected Rinne under assumption goalies will be scarce and everyone will be keeping at least one; he's also a pure workhorse with no competition/danger to his starts throughout the year is why I always have him on draft radar. Had hits been a category as well Simmonds would be a MUST keep but if person swapped him for Klingberg I would understand. Simmonds should always be considered as a keeper because of the coverage and he is also a goal scorer who can put up PP points.
    Damn. I was thinking that this was an 8 team. Not sure why... It's a lot tougher to let Rinne go if that's the case. I'm almost tempted to let Hall go for Rinne as a revision to my last thought. Hall not always being healthy, and Rinne getting you 65 starts in a 14 team, 2G league is probably more valuable.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ace

14 team league with 2G start, you gotta keep at least 1G. If hits were a category, I'd consider Simmonds.

OV, Hall, Letang, Kliberg, Rinne.
    12 team Rotisserie league (No positional requirements: 7 Keepers of which 2 must be Farm eligible).
    Active Roster consists of: 6 FW, 4 D, 2 G and 6 Bench.
    Scoring Cats: G (10x), A (10x), SOG (10x), HT (10x), BS (10x), PIM (10x), TK (10x), +/- (5x); W (10x), SV (10x), SO (5x)

FW: ​Draisaitl, Pastrnak, Keller, Jarvis, Barbashev, Kyrou, Raymond
    D: Dobson, Nurse, Sergachev, Andersson, Zadorov, York
    G: Oettinger, Raanta, Copley, Vejmelka
    IR: Hamilton
    Farm (165 games for F/D and 100 games for G): Wolf, Fantilli

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by dh5115 View Post
    I'm new to the forums so thanks for having me. I'm in a keeper league of 14 teams in which we have 15 players total. 2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 2 G. We are around to keep any 5 of your choosing. The stats for the league are as follows: G,A,+/-, PPP, SOG, PIM, GWG, W, SHO and SV %. My team at the end of the year consisted of: Ovechkin, Simmonds, Getzlaf, Hall, T. Johnson, Galchenyuk, Hertl, B. Schenn, Boedker, Abdelkader, Letang, Klingberg, Pietrangelo, Rinne and Varlamov. For the league 8 teams make it to the playoffs. With this team I finished in second. I'm having a tough time figuring out who to keep for the last couple spots. So far I'm sticking with Ovechkin, Hall, Klingberg and Letang. Trying to decided on the last spot and if I should only take one defenseman. Thanks in advance for your help.
    I would be keeping OV, Simmonds, Hall, Varlamov, and Letang.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Grand Master

The 6 to pick from are: Ovechkin, Hall, Klingberg, Letang, Simmonds, Rinne for me. I think I'd let Rinne go back in, and see how many people keep goalies - I think the other 5 guys are more likely going in the first round of your draft next season than Rinne, if you throw any of them back.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Ovechkin
    Hall
    Galchenyuk*
    Klingberg
    Rinne

*If Galchenyuk has only C eligibility, I think I'd keep Simmonds instead.

Unless your pool is full roto, there's no way I can justify keeping Letang. If anything, sell high on him ASAP.
    The League:
    11-teams, pts-only, no positional restrictions, top 12/20 count.
    1 in-season UFA (24+y/o), 3 round entry draft.
    Unlimited (24+y/o) off-season UFAs after the entry draft.

The Show:
    Crosby, Malkin, Kopitar, Eberle, Couture, Krejci, Subban, Simmonds, Hedman, Jokinen, Kesler, Barrie, Johansson

The Farm:
    MacKinnon, Toffoli, Bjugstad, Spooner, Zucker, Bjorkstrand, Jaskin