Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [rumors] Hall to NYI

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: [rumors] Hall to NYI

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Just throwing this out there but a trade consisting of Hall vs Hamonic, Okposo's rights and Barzal or Dal Colle would most likely not be enough for the Oilers to move their top winger. He is signed at a cap friendly 6mil for the next 4 years and he is in his prime years... I just can't see this happening unless the NYI OVERPAY for him.
    Not enough to get Hall and I don't see the NYI giving up Dal Colle or Barzal (dealing Barzal to the Oil would be ironic though). Ho-Sang would likely be the forward prospect they would include. Okposo's rights would just be a throw in. It would probably take something like Hamonic, Ho-Sang, Pelech & Okposo's rights/pick for Hall + pick? I don't know, just spitballing. Either way, do not see a deal working as it would be an overpayment from Garth to Hall (which he would not be wise to do) and I don't think there's a return on Hall that is good enough to have the Oilers consider it a win.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by glorybe23 View Post
    Guys! Chiarelli would never trade away top tier talent in their prime....

Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    LOL! Totally different circumstances.
    What? Didn't Hall sleep with Draisatl's mom and then pass out downtown Edmonton one night? Thought for sure that was in the news.

These young players, am I right!
    WHL (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.25), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Braham Pietasters
    C(3): Barkov, Seguin, N.Schmaltz
    LW(3): Gaudreau, Pacioretty, Hinostroza
    RW(3): Radulov, Mantha, Dadonov
    F(3): Bailey, Thornton, Vanek
    D(6): Josi, Jones, Krug, Leddy, Ellis, Miller
    G(1): Bishop (Sparks)
    Bench: T. Wilson (RW), Boyle (C), Pirri (C), Boyd (C)
    Farm: Myers (D), Husso (G), Soderstrom (G), Petersen (G), Anderson-Dolan (C), Pilut (D), Capobianco (D), Aho (D)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Why would the Isles be wanting to move Hamonic anyway? Didn't he withdraw his trade request? I'd rather just re-sign Okposo and move on...

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Not enough to get Hall and I don't see the NYI giving up Dal Colle or Barzal (dealing Barzal to the Oil would be ironic though). Ho-Sang would likely be the forward prospect they would include. Okposo's rights would just be a throw in. It would probably take something like Hamonic, Ho-Sang, Pelech & Okposo's rights/pick for Hall + pick? I don't know, just spitballing. Either way, do not see a deal working as it would be an overpayment from Garth to Hall (which he would not be wise to do) and I don't think there's a return on Hall that is good enough to have the Oilers consider it a win.
    Well my offer was just an example of something decent that the Oil would probably refuse. Switching Barzal for Ho-Sang makes the offer even less tempting IMO
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by glorybe23 View Post
    What? Didn't Hall sleep with Draisatl's mom and then pass out downtown Edmonton one night? Thought for sure that was in the news.

These young players, am I right!
    Ha ha! You damn insiders have all the dirt.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Isles aren't moving Hamonic now that he rescinded his trade request, his contract is too good and he is important to that team. They will likely want to to keep 3 D and keeping Hamonic, Leddy and (I guess) Boychuk is a good top 3 to secure.

Although if GMPC called GMGS and said Hall for Hamonic right now, I bet GMGS would likely say yes. I do not think he would add anything more to it than that
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ztking View Post
    I'm sorry but no. No no no. Hall is a top 3 player in the world at his position. And ranks third in P/60 over the past *edit*FOUR years. He is irreplaceable, and certainly worth more than a serviceable Dman and a plus or two. Unless they get a number one stud Dman, they can't move him.
    There is a reason the guy doesn't get selected for the best teams in the world. Not a complete player and the Oilers will realize that as soon as he is moved. He's not even done a heck of a lot offensively over the course of his career. One season of 80 points, a bunch of average season, a smattering of injuries and a highlight reel of how not to play defense. He'd be fine as a piece of a team that already had veterans, defense, and a solid systems play, but the Oilers would instantly improve by bringing in a top pairing responsible minute muncher like Hamonic and moving out Hall.

Dobber Sports All-Star

These rumors are getting quite silly. Hall for Hamonic +? That would have to be a BIG plus for the franchise player and I can't see NY tearing their team apart for Hall.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Only if MacTavish was in charge could I see this happening...luckily, the Oilers are under actual NHL calibre management now!
    really? name one thing current management has done to separate itself from previous management.

still makes bad deals
    still hasn't improved defense
    still a lottery team

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    really? name one thing current management has done to separate itself from previous management.

still makes bad deals
    still a lottery team
    I agree. A little early to be handing out merit awards.

I still think there is a culture problem there and they will likely have to get rid of some of the old guard in order to correct it. That may drive a trade of Hall, as unlikely as it may seem to some of us.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I don't see how anyone can call Hall a top 3 LW in the league. Both his numbers and his off puck play are average. He has the potential to be a top 3 LW, but he's currently not really close to that.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post

still makes bad deals
    still a lottery team
    Talbot, Sekera, Maroon - there's three for you. I have no idea if Chiarelli is going to do anything for that team long term and frankly don't care, but that was a pretty lame argument.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    Talbot, Sekera, Maroon - there's three for you. I have no idea if Chiarelli is going to do anything for that team long term and frankly don't care, but that was a pretty lame argument.
    are you arguing that Talbot, Sekera and Maroon were good deals?

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    He's not even done a heck of a lot offensively over the course of his career.
    What counts as doing a heck of a lot offensively? Ovechkin numbers? Benn?
    Very few guys produce at a point per game rate...being 4th in 5v5 pts/60min over the last 4 years is an impressive stat.
    Hes also 9th in primary points/60mins(G's and primary A's) over the last 4 seasons, trailing the usual suspects of Kane, sid, JT, seguin...and strangely Nash.
    Im not a big advanced stats guy, 2 weeks ago I was railing against them with the hate over the Gudbranson deal, I didnt think it was fair to just use stats to judge what Gudbranson brings, but it does help a lot when your judging offensive production.
    Halls 6m cap hit is very team friendly too imo, guys with nowhere near Hall's offensive talent are getting paid that.

ps. im very nervous for the weekend, plz dont trade Hall unless its for a stud dman(OEL, subban), id expect the Oilers to have to add to that, but dont move him for a Hamonic or Fowler type thats just bad asset management
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer